User Tag List

First 12

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Nope, I don't even know what that is. I'm in London in the U.K. It's really very hard for me to get involved, the last time i got involved in something i had to be moved by the police for my own safety whilst the other party served a setance at her majesty's lesuire.
    Well then, it appears your decision is made. You should move again.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

what the hell is wrong with people?!

I'm not up on british law so I can't suggest anything really, but I suppose offering him small comforts every once in a while would make his life more bearable, and would give you something you could do for him
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Well then, it appears your decision is made. You should move again.
    I'm not sure i understand, i was hoping for some suggestions. Why should i move?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Oberon

I'm not sure i understand, i was hoping for some suggestions. Why should i move?
    Your choices are very binary, I'm afraid... you can either get involved, or not. You've already told me why you can't get involved. Therefore, your only remaining problem is that this child is where you can see him day-to-day. Therefore, you must move to someplace where he isn't; problem solved.

It's either that or get involved. Your call.

EDIT: You may be able to tell that I just re-read Starship Troopers. I'm sounding like Mr. Dubois.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i suppose you could look online for some local kids safe houses or activity centers and see if the social workers have thought of giving them some place like that to go...depending on the kids ages and rather or not that was a viable option but perhaps the social workers case load is too large to give the effort necessary and might appreciate the input?? not sure...but if you feel you need to do something i would look into it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Your choices are very binary, I'm afraid... you can either get involved, or not. You've already told me why you can't get involved. Therefore, your only remaining problem is that this child is where you can see him day-to-day. Therefore, you must move to someplace where he isn't; problem solved.

It's either that or get involved. Your call.

EDIT: You may be able to tell that I just re-read Starship Troopers. I'm sounding like Mr. Dubois.
    Wtf? thats total BS.
    I was hoping that there might be someone with some experience in the field of social services or someone with personal experience who might be able to offer alternative suggestions to getting involved personally. It really is not as black and white as you make out. Very strange. He seems to have gone from outside now and i am hoping he was on some kind of visit although it's unlikely as there were no (non junkie) adults around. I think i will call SS as Lady X suggested because i can't cope with having this knowledge and not doing anything at all.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...unlikely but possible ss thinks the issue has been cleared up or thinks they're on some kind of treatment program...who knows but maybe your calling will help....good luck...the kids need someone who cares for gods sake.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Oberon

Wtf? thats total BS.
    So you're getting involved after all!

I was hoping you would. That's the right answer.