User Tag List

View Poll Results: How long will it take before you go insane?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 1 hour

7 9.21%
  • 1-3 hours

5 6.58%
  • 4-6 hours

2 2.63%
  • 7-12 hours

3 3.95%
  • 13-24 hours

4 5.26%
  • 1-2 days

3 3.95%
  • 3-5 days

7 9.21%
  • 5-9 days

4 5.26%
  • 10-14 days

2 2.63%
  • 15-20 days

2 2.63%
  • 21-25 days

2 2.63%
  • 26-31 days

2 2.63%
  • 32-40 days

2 2.63%
  • 41-48 days

0 0%
  • 49-59 days

1 1.32%
  • 60-70 days

1 1.32%
  • 71-80 days

0 0%
  • 81-90 days

0 0%
  • 91 or more days

2 2.63%
  • Never

27 35.53%
First 891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I've lived in a house with 20-30 people before.

They don't necessarily act like sociopathic twelve year olds, which is what your post read like.
    Nah, when you are with people where most of your options is to play with the group or do what you can to ignore them, you are bound to have a lot of noises.

I don't sleep like a brick or anything, but if we're going to live for eternity in such small quarters with other people and not being able to go anywhere but stay in that one place, there is more to worry about than the loud noises that occur.

In this situation, it is adapt or go crazy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Nah, when you are with people where most of your options is to play with the group or do what you can to ignore the, you are bound to have a lot of noises.
    What you're talking about amounts to over-crowded prison conditions. No one would actually live that way. I have actually lived with large numbers of people, I honestly have a feeling that you haven't.

I don't sleep like a brick or anything, but if we're going to live for eternity in such small quarters with other people and not being able to going anywhere but stay in that one place, there is more to worry about than the loud noises that occur.
    You're absolutely right about that in your own case, as my only solution would be to violently end you.

Good day, sir.

*turns up the volume to SSBB on Pokemon Stadium*

"Falcon Punch!!! Falcon punch!"

"Yahoo! Yahoo!"

"PK FIRE!"

*Throws a Pokeball*

"It's Zapdos! RUNNNN! BBZBBBTTTBVVZBBBT."

Let's see how long it takes for you NOT to interact with the people in there AND to go insane.

Only 4 players at once. It would be fine if there were only 4 people in the room...then I would get to play with the same people long enough to start to feel involved. With 10 people it's harder to feel like a part of the group. I'd feel disconnected and left out, which would make me want to interact even less.

What you're talking about amounts to over-crowded prison conditions. No one would actually live that way. I have actually lived with large numbers of people, I honestly have a feeling that you haven't.
    I have, speaking from the perspective of being the youngest. I had to sleep in the same room with my brother and sister for most of my young years. You would generally think by their age, they would have their own room. But because of the size of the family, and for the fact that we were the 3 youngest, we were forced to share a room. Share a room we did.

Lights went on at 6am even though I did not have school until 9am. I slept at 9pm, they slept at 11pm or even later. I woke up often at 6am in Saturdays and Sundays, they DO NOT want to wake up at 6am in Saturdays and Sundays. There were so many things that did not fit with my schedule or fit with their schedule. It would drive you bonkers.

Of course, things are a lot quieter these days because we don't have to compete with each others schedules as much anymore.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have, speaking from the perspective of being the youngest. I had to sleep in the same room with my brother and sister for most of my young years. You would generally think by their age, they would have their own room. But because of the size of the family, and for the fact that we were the 3 youngest, we were forced to share a room. Share a room we did.

Lights went on at 6am even though I did not have school until 9am. I slept at 9pm, they slept at 11pm or even later. I woke up often at 6am in Saturdays and Sundays, they DO NOT want to wake up at 6am in Saturdays. There were so many things that did not fit with my schedule or fit with their schedule. It would drive you bonkers.
    *yawns*

I've lived in a youth hostel for basically two solid months in the past, and I've shared a room with up to six people before.

I've actually shared a room with three other people for an extended period of time.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would kill your siblings, though.

Just an added foot note.

*yawns*

I've lived in a youth hostel for basically two solid months in the past, and I've shared a room with up to six people before.

I've actually shared a room with three other people for an extended period of time.
    I can live like that too. Again, I can adapt to those situations, actually.

If people were to play a game on loud, I'll probably just end up falling asleep if I wasn't one of the 4 playing. Give or take maybe in two weeks, I can sleep through the loud game-playing no problem, especially if it happened every day.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can live like that too. Again, I can adapt to those situations, actually.

If people were to play a game on loud, I'll probably just end up falling asleep if I wasn't one of the 4 playing. Give or take maybe in two weeks, I can sleep through the loud game-playing no problem, especially if it happened every day.
    But that's how you're made physiologically, I am not, and it is wrong and cruel to presume that other people SHOULD be made that way because you are.

My ESFJ sister is like you. For the longest time I thought she was ENFJ. She could sleep through anything.

I am sensitive to light and sound. Living with people doesn't mean those people are horrible and invasive and loud and rude.

Some people are, though, I'll grant you that. And you're very LUCKY to be made the way you are, in a sense, because you aren't as bothered by things affecting your senses.

I actually get angry at people who say that people should never act mean when they have low blood sugar, or that people should be able to sleep through loud noises.

It's a world view, and I believe that world view may be Sensing rejecting, I don't know.

My sister, though she sleeps heavily, doesn't try to impose loudness or chaos on other people.

But that's how you're made physiologically, I am not, and it is wrong and cruel to presume that other people SHOULD be made that way because you are.

My ESFJ sister is like you. For the longest time I thought she was ENFJ. She could sleep through anything.

I am sensitive to light and sound. Living with people doesn't mean those people are horrible and invasive and loud and rude.

Some people are, though, I'll grant you that. And you're very LUCKY to be made the way you are, in a sense, because you aren't as bothered by things affecting your senses.

I actually get angry at people who say that people should never act mean when they have low blood sugar, or that people should be able to sleep through loud noises.

It's a world view, and I believe that world view may be Sensing rejecting, I don't know.

My sister, though she sleeps heavily, doesn't try to impose loudness or chaos on other people.
    Lol, I don't impose loudness or chaos. My sister would go crazy because I can literally leave the house feeling dead silent for days if left to my own devices. Spend one day with my sister in the house, and she'll want some noise.

I used to move around and sleep pretty heavily in my sleep. These days, I don't move when asleep and my sleep isn't as heavy. When we finally moved away from the apartment we lived in, I would always smack my brother (yes, I still had to share a room with my brother) every other day and I would not be the one waking up when that happened. He was the light sleeper, the lightest noise can wake him up. When I did smack him, he would wake me up yelling at me for doing it.

But we are sleeping with 10 other INFP's in a cramp space. So I think there will always be some kind of noise until nighttime.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Lol, I don't impose loudness or chaos. My sister would go crazy because I can literally leave the house feeling dead silent for days if left to my own devices.

I used to move around and sleep pretty heavily in my sleep. These days, I don't move when asleep and my sleep isn't as heavy. When we finally moved away from the apartment we lived in, I would always smack my brother (yes, I still had to share a room with my brother) every other day and I would not be the one waking up when that happened. He was the light sleeper, the lightest noise can wake him up. When I did smack him, he would wake me up yelling at me for doing it.

But we are sleeping with 10 other INFP's in a cramp space. So I think there will always be some kind of noise until nighttime.
    Which is why my original exit strategy is beat someone badly enough to offend at least one INFP into calling the cops.

What I can't handle honestly is being locked in. Then the noise secondarily, but that does become an issue after a while.