User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Default How am I supposed to answer "What is the most memorable moment you had at ____?"

I have to fill out this survey that they read at our college graduation. What a dumb fucking question to ask! How am I supposed to answer "What is the most memorable moment you had at ____?" (college) Almost anything you write sounds lame:

"fraternity bid night " --you sound like a fraternity dumb ass
    "acing my first organic chem test" --you sound like a huge nerd with no life
    "multi-sect Easter worship" --you sound like a jesus freak

Seriously, without giving an explanation, more than one, etc you just end up labeling yourself. In high school these stupid questions are easy, because its "okay" to just say something like "winning the ______ league title" for some sport you played...

Im thinking of just answering, "graduating".

Any suggestions?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

"that time I boned my TA"
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Phantonym

"Graduating" sounds great.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Congratulations on your graduation BC! Please make sure you go; it's important to celebrate these achievements and milestones in your life.

^ (psst sim - that's the right Fe expression here)

v (and here's an Fi one)

I would just be honest - what was the best experience you had? Who cares what anyone else's opinion is on that anyway?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'd stick with something vague like "an opportunity to be exposed to many new experiences"... but then again, that could make it sound like you tried every drug under the sun

graduating, however, makes it sound kind of like you were a burnout who's proud that they just managed to eek by and graduate!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    graduating, however, makes it sound kind of like you were a burnout who's proud that they just managed to eek by and graduate!
    ...dammit! So is there honestly no way around this stupid question? how is anyone supposed to sum up 4 years worth of crap in one self labeling stereotypical sentence? :steam:

any more ideas are appreciated

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

"This deep and profound experience leaves me breathless at the prospect of spreading my wings into the world and soaring towards my destiny."

ehhh? ehhh?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ oh no!!! a stereotypical NF response!

perhaps something like meeting new people and making new friends?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    "fraternity bid night " --you sound like a fraternity dumb ass
    "acing my first organic chem test" --you sound like a huge nerd with no life
    "multi-sect Easter worship" --you sound like a jesus freak

Seriously, without giving an explanation, more than one, etc you just end up labeling yourself. In high school these stupid questions are easy, because its "okay" to just say something like "winning the ______ league title" for some sport you played...
    How, by your logic, does "winning the ______ league title" not make you seem like a meathead jock?

I'd just write something esoteric and silly, like "Last Tuesday." You said yourself it's a dumb question, so give a dumb answer.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    "This deep and profound experience leaves me breathless at the prospect of spreading my wings into the world and soaring towards my destiny."

ehhh? ehhh?
    only problem is that Im a total cynic about academia. theres nothing deep and profound. there are merely the captain obvious insights dressed up with fancy terms that label common sense, and additionally there are the obscure statistical studies no doubt designed to basically add nothing of value to the discussion. Academics are "the smartest" merely because they get to decide who is "the smartest"...its a principle agent problem . The education system is designed to make everyone a professor, as in, if you are really good at school, its just preparing you to be a professor. If academia had its way, we would be a society run by schoolmasters and technocrats.

So no, it has not been a "deep and profound experience leaves me breathless at the prospect of spreading my wings into the world and soaring towards my destiny." :steam:

And dont even get me started on the people here! they would rank dead last on a big 5 openness scale...