12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Default The Chameleon Effect

So I have a theory (WOW and ENFJ that has a theory?!)

I believe that there are certain types that tend to have what I've named "the Chameleon Effect"

meaning:

Some people change their entire processing routine when surrounded by other people, or like a majority type.
    So basically they adapt to their surroundings so well that it would be almost impossible to tell what type they truly are. Now I've had my own "chameleon effect" moments, because I like to make others happy and I'd rather avoid/resolve conflict by being the bearer of a mask, versus inflict others with unease because of my true intensity. But I'm not like this all the time,
    I know a few people in my daily life who are very much the people who wear many hats, and cloaks, and burlap sacks, you get the drift.

My questions to you would be;

Have you been this person?
    If so how do you maintain a false guise all the time?

Have you come in contact with this person?
    How did you see through the veils, so to speak?

If you have observed or taken part in this strange but captivating ritual, could you divulge your thoughts on it? I personally think that people are rarely ever themselves, and in this time, it's almost harder to be completely uninhibited by a social standard. Conformity if you will.

This is just recreational, so if you'd like to throw your two cents in, have a blast. Looking forward to your responses!

Kymlee
    Kymlee: Life Story
    ENFJ
    sx/so/sp
    2w3
    Libra (Sun)
    "When you run into someone who is disagreeable to others, you may be sure he is uncomfortable with himself; the amount of pain we inflict upon others is directly proportional to the amount we feel within us."
    -Sydney J. Harris

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Its ours. It belongs to the INTPs! No, I will absolutely not share my superpowers.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    IEI

LOL!
    ENFJ
    sx/so/sp
    2w3
    Libra (Sun)
    "When you run into someone who is disagreeable to others, you may be sure he is uncomfortable with himself; the amount of pain we inflict upon others is directly proportional to the amount we feel within us."
    -Sydney J. Harris

I do... to some extent. I find myself filling in different roles based on the strengths/weaknesses of the group and the "task" (?) at hand. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.

It has become easier for me as I've become more confident/comfortable with myself. I have no idea what's the significance of that...

It does make me feel at a loss when I do it too much or too long though. And tired.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Ok I will play nice
    Have you been this person? I don’t actually become the person I just become like the person when I chameleon. They get a simpatico feeling as if looking into a mirror.
    If so how do you maintain a false guise all the time? I don’t, it burns the introverts battery quickly often employ advanced hiding techniques so the ruse will not be discovered. Often I have little control as it comes on and off. I don’t always recognize when its on but definitely know when it suddenly shuts off or even when the morph begins to wane.

Have you come in contact with this person? Usually just happen to meader in their location or they suddenly intrude mine.

How did you see through the veils, so to speak? This is a different super power. Really the eyes don’t have that much to do with the Chameleon effect, rather it feels like the body senses the environmental changes...although the effect can be sharpened with simple mirroring (although that’s kinda cheating).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

UGH did I not even answer the right question?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I do... to some extent. I find myself filling in different roles based on the strengths/weaknesses of the group and the "task" (?) at hand. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.

It has become easier for me as I've become more confident/comfortable with myself. I have no idea what's the significance of that...

It does make me feel at a loss when I do it too much or too long though. And tired.
    That makes perfect sense, and I would sometimes think that it does have to do with confidence levels, although I thought that it might be less confidence, more insecurity in self? but it can be different in every person. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    UGH did I not even answer the right question?
    There is no right and wrong way to answer the questions. Just your opinions if you can relate to what I had posted. So you're good Thanks again
    ENFJ
    sx/so/sp
    2w3
    Libra (Sun)
    -Sydney J. Harris

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Ok I will play nice
    Have you been this person? I don’t actually become the person I just become like the person when I chameleon. They get a simpatico feeling as if looking into a mirror.
    If so how do you maintain a false guise all the time? I don’t, it burns the introverts battery quickly often employ advanced hiding techniques so the ruse will not be discovered. Often I have little control as it comes on and off. I don’t always recognize when its on but definitely know when it suddenly shuts off or even when the morph begins to wane.

Have you come in contact with this person? Usually just happen to meader in their location or they suddenly intrude mine.

How did you see through the veils, so to speak? This is a different super power. Really the eyes don’t have that much to do with the Chameleon effect, rather it feels like the body senses the environmental changes...although the effect can be sharpened with simple mirroring (although that’s kinda cheating).
    This makes sense as well, I would imagine a person would feel drained after exerting so much energy into a character. I've seen people go in and out of this change, but honestly some people can keep it up a lot longer. Some people call this bipolar, I tend to see it compared to some people being able to hold their breath longer than others before getting some much needed fresh air.

Thanks for the feedback, def insightful! I kind of want to learn your superpower, teach me oh wise one!
    ENFJ
    sx/so/sp
    2w3
    Libra (Sun)
    -Sydney J. Harris

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kymlee View Post
    Some people call this bipolar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymlee View Post
    I kind of want to learn your superpower, teach me oh wise one!
    You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    IEI

:workout:

I can hardly wait...

(Que Spooky-Epic Music)
    ENFJ
    sx/so/sp
    2w3
    Libra (Sun)
    -Sydney J. Harris