User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

So long as they're not nagging me (Unfortunately not the case -- Both my parents are Js), I'm fine with them. Otherwise... Not so much. I find Kiersey's matchmaking theories extremely amusing, because I would never be romantically involved with a J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you know...i'm kinda thinking infjs aren't really naggers is that true?

my mother and friend are not.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

none of my Js nag me... though they do occasionally stare at me like I'm some odd new species from an unknown planet

I suppose I might have it coming though

My mother occasionally nags a bit, but I chalk that up much more to motherly concern than to being an ISFJ (it's things like "did you go to that job fair I told you about?" or "how did the interview go?" or even more terrifying "why didn't you tell me you were out of eggs? I would have brought you some!" )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Some times I find J-induced external structure a bit threatening to my freedom, but I understand now that this is just because I have a different method of ensuring personal freedom and different criteria by which to judge freedom than does a J.

That being said, I am not annoyed by Js when they attempt to enforce structure onto their own external world; I understand that this is the way that the J in question ensures their own freedom from chaos and the unpredictable. I'm mostly only annoyed when a J doesn't understand that the external structure of the J world is stifling to my freedom, as defined by my own P perspective, and thus tries to paint my world with structure that does nothing but chain me down.

Fold your shirts as crisply as you want, but leave mine laying in that pile on the floor, ok?

(Oh, and I'm sure Js are just as annoyed by us "flaky and disorganized" Ps who get in the way of external structure, and probably see us as equally oppressive to their own J standards of freedom.)

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    So in other words they converted you to the dark side rather than you teaching them some good old fashioned responsibility?
    You consider better social skills to be the dark side? Sure then. In terms of what I can do for them... my ways of picking on their carefree-ness somewhat resemble them picking on my analness, so that's something. I'm fun for them to be around. My grades tend to be better as well, so they come to me for help with school work.

heart on fire

Why is having a medical kit a sign of being J?

I have a medical kit. Only an idiot wouldn't plan ahead for life's most extreme emergencies and needs. I am the one who puts bandaids, anitbacterial wipes, tums, nuprin and pepto-bismol in my J husband's luggage when he travels and for him to take to work. It is more a caretaking thing, past life experience thing than a J thing in my opinion.

My medical kit is not organized alphabetically though...

MBTI
    ENTP

Frustrating J-ness: starting to whine when everything doesn't happen your way. Nagging. Doing nothing when you've got free time and expect me to "relax" too.

Good J-ness: planning. Setting deadlines and be happy if things are done on time, even if they aren't done your way or before play. Look if the doors are closed before going to bed. In short, I love Js who are able to live with Ps.

Recently, I've discovered the joy of ticking off things on a to-do list. Really. Am I becoming a J?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

J's aren't that bad. Am I the only person who admires them? I mean they're so neat, tidy, smart, does everything well, parents like them, responsible, sometimes nice... What's there not to like being a J? Yea they're judging, but they tell the truth and try to achieve justice.. I really don't see the bad sides.

Though they can be annoying and hella naggy. Not to mention being an ESFP, nagging is URRRGH NIGHTMAREEE.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Well...the stuff you listed isn't inherently J, just a simplification of the tendency for Js to want to bring order externally instead of internally, like Ps do. I can have some of those tendencies; if you touch anything in my car or eat in it I FREAK OUT!

The main difference and disconnect, is goal vs. journey. My emphasis being on the journey, theirs being on the goal. In my mind, I think it's more fun to get everything you can out of a journey, to "stop and smell the roses, the rocks, the ants, the poop, etc." I want to experience everything so I can bring myself to understand it. Js tend to be a bit more directive and use the goal to pull themselves along very quickly, but they get a ton of things done and they seem to really like the "closing" part of tasks rather than the opening of them.

Likewise, they probably see my tendency to wander off the path laid out as a tremendous, and fruitless, waste of time. It's all perspective.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    How do you guys view your (extremely J-ish) neighbors/friends/classmates/employees?
    Depends on the individual, and also what type of J they are.

Te types can really grind me the wrong way at times, however if I respect them or their knowledge and trust that they have some idea about what they're saying then we get along fine as I don't need to challenge everything they're saying nor do they get pee'd off if I'm blunt with them, my bro is an ENTJ and I have a lot of respect for him even if we do things very differently as I know he will read about a subject before making grandiose statements about it. My sister's partner is an ISTJ and again, I have much respect even though we have little in common, they are direct, blunt, knowledgeable and opinionated while being unassuming.

If they steamroll others with no consideration for anyone other than themselves and give opinions without having the knowledge to back their statements up then we will butt heads as I can't respect that. They've only ever been two people who I've been unable to get along with one is an ESTJ and I suspect the other was an (I)STJ with a large superiority complex. I can often see TJs I know falling into this category temporally though, even if they are usually cool.

Fe types are usually softer round the edges and concerned with not offending in the way an immature Te dom wouldn't give two thoughts about so I've never come across one that I couldn't get along with, although I don't always find them warm when first interacting with them. The INFJ in my life is pure awesomeness, she tries not to push her standards on others, I suspect my P bothers her more than her J bothers me, but when she does push she comes across as naggy. I find the naggyness consistent with Fe Js although they are usually good at reading when that is unwelcomed and try to find an approach that is mutually acceptable.

Would you describe J's as neurotic? Paranoid? Obsessive compulsive? Loons?
    Nah. I see some behaviour as a tad too high strung and the person in need of some hardcore relaxation, maybe even a need to be less involved in what other people are doing and just let them be but I respect people who have the discipline to work first and play later, lord knows I don't. It's pushing their expectations on others or taking over without need that I see as unnecessary.

And finally, do you consider us annoying?
    No. Well only if you don't let me poke fun at your OCD by un-aligning your paper stacks