User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I know that, and it is fun. The only problem is just that I feel disconnected to them sometimes since I'm the odd one out... but I've made so much progress since the beginning of the year with everything- clothes, social skills, overall lifestyle, women- and I really owe it to them. I love my P friends.
    So in other words they converted you to the dark side rather than you teaching them some good old fashioned responsibility?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I show them the gun license for my strong Pness.
    I didn't have the bravery to do it, but I knew it had to be done.
    The J-ness/P-ness joke.
    ------
    (My mother is a P and I pull that joke on her a lot.)

My mom speaking "I've decided for us to all take a trip this up coming weekend to the east coast. Tonightís' episode of (name of show) gave me the idea."

Me speaking "Maybe it's because I'm extremely rigid, but your P-ness is hard to work around."
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I think that they're funny, and their attempts to keep things organized are cute!

I have a feeling that Js think that I'm intentionally tormenting them when I perch near where they're working and ask a string of questions like a 5 year old might...

"whatcha doing?"

"why are you doing that?"

"is it all organized yet?"

"you're doing that for fun?"

and so on and so forth

Js make me think of Mr Monk, especially the severe ones and I LOVE watching Monk, so I just consider it somewhat as my own take home version of the man and giggle!
    I once knew a "J" type that was obsessed with keeping their cubicle Star Wars figurines organized.

The "P's" would conspire and arrange them into differing sexual positions.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I once knew a "J" type that was obsessed with keeping their cubicle Star Wars figurines organized.

The "P's" would conspire and arrange them into differing sexual positions.
    I will let you guess which one of those approaches I more readily endorse.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

‚ÄúPleasure to me is wonder‚ÄĒthe unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.‚ÄĚ ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

How do you guys view your (extremely J-ish) neighbors/friends/classmates/employees?
    Pain in the ass. Sorry. All I want is to live my life and sleep as much as I need and in the last years I haven't had the chance to live my life or sleep enough because of all the whiny Js who complain about me being "undisciplined".

Would you describe Jís as neurotic? Paranoid? Obsessive compulsive? Loons?
    Not all of them. Only the extreme ones.

And how "J-ish" are the previously mentioned people? Do they fold their cloths into discrete cubes, keep medical kits under their desks, refuse to buy or use any other brand of shampoo that is not their favorite, break into your home late at night and reorganize all of your belongings (not stealing), post earthquake survival safety tips beside every doorway in the house/office, etc?
    They work really hard and when I don't do my work well, they start whining, even though the fact that I don't work hard doesn't hurt them at all.

And finally, do you consider us annoying?
    Just the kind of Js that I mentionned before.

I'm sorry for my blunt answers. I'm just really really tired, that's all.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    How do you guys view your (extremely J-ish) neighbors/friends/classmates/employees?

And how "J-ish" are the previously mentioned people? Do they fold their cloths into discrete cubes, keep medical kits under their desks, refuse to buy or use any other brand of shampoo that is not their favorite, break into your home late at night and reorganize all of your belongings (not stealing), post earthquake survival safety tips beside every doorway in the house/office, etc?

Hellz no. In fact, I'm often MORE neurotic, perfectionistic, and paranoid than you guys (admit?). I mean *ahem* *ahem* YES, you are.

I have more J-ness than P-ness. Maybe that's because I'm a woman.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Pain in the ass. Sorry. All I want is to live my life and sleep as much as I need and in the last years I haven't had the chance to live my life or sleep enough because of all the whiny Js who complain about me being "undisciplined".

Not all of them. Only the extreme ones.

They work really hard and when I don't do my work well, they start whining, even though the fact that I don't work hard doesn't hurt them at all.

Just the kind of Js that I mentionned before.

I'm sorry for my blunt answers. I'm just really really tired, that's all.
    Actually, I was hopping to receive some non-sympathetic answers. I deliberately worded my questions so that it would be easy to say ďyes, they are obsessive compulsive neurotic loons who are, more often than not, paranoid.Ē I wanted to hear honest opinions form Pís who have had enough of Jís ruining their fun/ease of life.

I can use this information to:
    • Better my understanding of Pís and why they dislike it when I suggest they plan more
      -
    • Better understand what the appeal of flying by the seat of your pants, not knowing where the safe places to stand are in the crumbling platform of life.
      -
    • I wanted to know if us Jís are simply trying to iron out internal chaos by over-organizing the physical world around us.
      -
    • How to better understand the enemy

Iíve captured hundreds of Perceiving children and dissected them in my basement without ever finding out what makes them tick. Iíd thought Iíd ask you guys directly because Iíve run out of creative places to store bodies.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The thing that always gets me about Js is their ability to apply specific solutions to general problems instead of the other way around. I will never understand it, but somehow that's what they always manage to do. :P
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Depends on the individual, but, those close to me, my closest friends, incidentally, are all Js.

ESFJ, ENFJ, INFJ, INTJ, ENTJ, ESFx (leaning slightly more towards J).

ISFJ - my supervisor (she is freaking awesome, and I can't understand how or why she has the patience with me, that she does....boggles my mind)

They rock my world, are the rocks of my world. They ground me.

The INTJ, I have told him that he's narrow-minded (sees things as very black/white). The ESFJ, ESFx and INTJ can be judgemental too. The ENFJ, INFJ and ENTJ can get a bit obsessive and wound up, going deeper and deeper into their anxieties.

ISFJ can get very scathing when under stress, and will start to micromanage at that point.

They all seem to have that in common, when under great stress, they will start to micromanage the hell out of anything and everything (relevant or not) around them. Can seem a bit irrationally obsessive.

But, overall, as adjectives that would initially pop into my head, about these people? None of the bolded.

No. The one who would come the closest to kind of resembling this, would be the INTJ, but, I attribute that also to their military background.

Nope! I actually get along better with Js than Ps, when it's not just a matter of friendship, but, deeper, intimate relationships (friendships, relationships, etc).

Truth is, I get nurtured by all of them. There's a dynamic that works. Nurturer/Nurtured. I've noticed this in myself (I'm an extreme extreme P), where I'm most likely in the nurtured role and they're in the nurturer role.

In every one of the relationships I outlined above, this phenomenon is very apparent. They know it, they know I know it. Healthy or not, they "take care" of me, in that they humour me (and my extreme Pness) as this "unique, different [to them], thus, intriguing quirk" about me, and pretty much take care of the mundane shit in life, so I can more easily navigate.

In sum, because of their Jness, my extreme Pness can more freely be itself. With other Ps, I've noticed, there's this hindrance in getting "closer" because when one slacks, the other does too, and there's no one who's picking UP the slack.

I'm nurturing towards them too, but, in an unconventional way. I guess, it's most apparent, when, under stress, they're panicking, freaking out and becoming obsessive and anxious, I am very good at getting them to just "chill", and as they comment, seemingly "efforlessly" guide them back out of it.

In ordinary life, they're my rock, when chaos hits, we switch roles, and I'm the rock.

I can't formulate my thoughts on this, right now, too well....I don't know if the above made sense.

But, as my INFP mother tells me, you get way too babied by your friends. Usually one gets babied by parents or romantic partners, but, oddly enough, my best friends are like that towards me. I'm trying to rely less on this aspect of our dynamic, for my own personal growth, and they're trying to be less enabling in this regard. But, these relationships are old (ESFx = 14 years, ENFJ, ESFJ, INFJ, ENTJ = 9 years, INTJ = 3 years), so old habits, especially when the habits are not obviously negative, die hard. It may also be because I'm an only child, and pretty much all my friends are eldest children (save the INTJ, but, he's the eldest boy).

It's really weird.

To add: sometimes, yeah, they can be annoying, especially when it can turn into nagging, about me not really respecting routine, not being "prepared" (apparently), not being very disciplined (issues doing stuff that *needs* to be done/have to, instead of, *want to*), being too go with the flow, not thinking most things need effort, blah blah, mostly from the INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Depends on the individual, but, those close to me, my closest friends, incidentally, are all Js.

ESFJ, ENFJ, INFJ, INTJ, ENTJ, ESFx (leaning slightly more towards J).

ISFJ - my supervisor (she is freaking awesome, and I can't understand how or why she has the patience with me, that she does....boggles my mind)

They rock my world, are the rocks of my world. They ground me.

The INTJ, I have told him that he's narrow-minded (sees things as very black/white). The ESFJ, ESFx and INTJ can be judgemental too. The ENFJ, INFJ and ENTJ can get a bit obsessive and wound up, going deeper and deeper into their anxieties.

ISFJ can get very scathing when under stress, and will start to micromanage at that point.

They all seem to have that in common, when under great stress, they will start to micromanage the hell out of anything and everything (relevant or not) around them. Can seem a bit irrationally obsessive.

But, overall, as adjectives that would initially pop into my head, about these people? None of the bolded.

No. The one who would come the closest to kind of resembling this, would be the INTJ, but, I attribute that also to their military background.

Nope! I actually get along better with Js than Ps, when it's not just a matter of friendship, but, deeper, intimate relationships (friendships, relationships, etc).

Truth is, I get nurtured by all of them. There's a dynamic that works. Nurturer/Nurtured. I've noticed this in myself (I'm an extreme extreme P), where I'm most likely in the nurtured role and they're in the nurturer role.

In every one of the relationships I outlined above, this phenomenon is very apparent. They know it, they know I know it. Healthy or not, they "take care" of me, in that they humour me (and my extreme Pness) as this "unique, different [to them], thus, intriguing quirk" about me, and pretty much take care of the mundane shit in life, so I can more easily navigate.

In sum, because of their Jness, my extreme Pness can more freely be itself. With other Ps, I've noticed, there's this hindrance in getting "closer" because when one slacks, the other does too, and there's no one who's picking UP the slack.

I'm nurturing towards them too, but, in an unconventional way. I guess, it's most apparent, when, under stress, they're panicking, freaking out and becoming obsessive and anxious, I am very good at getting them to just "chill", and as they comment, seemingly "efforlessly" guide them back out of it.

In ordinary life, they're my rock, when chaos hits, we switch roles, and I'm the rock.

I can't formulate my thoughts on this, right now, too well....I don't know if the above made sense.

But, as my INFP mother tells me, you get way too babied by your friends. Usually one gets babied by parents or romantic partners, but, oddly enough, my best friends are like that towards me. I'm trying to rely less on this aspect of our dynamic, for my own personal growth, and they're trying to be less enabling in this regard. But, these relationships are old (ESFx = 14 years, ENFJ, ESFJ, INFJ, ENTJ = 9 years, INTJ = 3 years), so old habits, especially when the habits are not obviously negative, die hard. It may also be because I'm an only child, and pretty much all my friends are eldest children (save the INTJ, but, he's the eldest boy).

It's really weird.
    Extremely well written. I always thought that P's and J's would simply but heads (leg room vs. tight control, that sort of thing) without ever being able to benefit from each others company. But now my position has changed.

Now it seems like opposite types have the most complementary mutually beneficial relationship, while 2 Jís in the same room would be too busy bickering about who should be the subordinate and who isnít doing ďproper orderĒ to get anything done. And 2 Pís in the same room would simply wait for events with favorable opportunities to happen naturally, as apposed to constructing it as a J would.
    -----------
    *humour my extreme P-ness* (dirty joke: located)