User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I'm a moderate P so I get on ok with moderate J's.

One place this falls apart is in living together though, because while out of Fe I make an effort to make plans and stick to them, to be on time, etc., I simply can't bring myself to keep my own living space tidy - I will do for communal spaces but not places which I don't share.

So if you can put up with a sensible balance between flexibility and planning, we'll get on fine, whether you are P or J - but just let me do what I want with my own personal living space and don't judge it or, worse, ask me to tidy it! Then we'll fall out!
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

I really really admire J so much... I wish I could be that way. I try really hard, but it's never as good as with people for whom it comes naturally. I do begin to feel a little anxious when the J is externally imposed, though.

Oberon

You should see when I and my J wife are in the car driving somewhere. I'll make a turn and she'll say "Where are you going?"

"Home Depot, of course" (or wherever it is we're headed).

"Oh. Just checking," she'll say, because I've finally got her to quit saying "This isn't the right way to go!"

There are, like, 17 ways to get to the Home Depot from our house.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm an ESTJ, my roommate's an ESTP, and everyone around me is... you guessed it, a P of some sort! So yeah, I'm pretty much the target of all their crap, but at the same time they help me to become more at ease with some things. We've made a lot of progress.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

he he... my best friend is an ESTJ and my SO is an ISTJ and both are pretty J... they never boss me around and I try to keep my tormenting to a minimum... know, Max, that if we torment you it's because we want for you to have as much fun as we do!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

*thinks about whether he is a strong P*
    *thinks some more*
    Sorry, can't make up my mind whether my P is strong or not

Anyway, the main thing I dislike about my J mom is she asks me to help her with something, and then proceeds to tell me exactly how I have to accomplish the task.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Oberon

Can I be forgiven for secretly suspecting that my P-ness is just a little bit smaller than everyone else's?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Can I be forgiven for secretly suspecting that my P-ness is just a little bit smaller than everyone else's?
    sure, because I already know I have the biggest P-ness of all
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You should see when I and my J wife are in the car driving somewhere. I'll make a turn and she'll say "Where are you going?"

"Home Depot, of course" (or wherever it is we're headed).

"Oh. Just checking," she'll say, because I've finally got her to quit saying "This isn't the right way to go!"

There are, like, 17 ways to get to the Home Depot from our house.
    grrrrrrrrrr...GRRRRRRRR!
    BARK!

Bark bark bark!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    he he... my best friend is an ESTJ and my SO is an ISTJ and both are pretty J... they never boss me around and I try to keep my tormenting to a minimum... know, Max, that if we torment you it's because we want for you to have as much fun as we do!
    I know that, and it is fun. The only problem is just that I feel disconnected to them sometimes since I'm the odd one out... but I've made so much progress since the beginning of the year with everything- clothes, social skills, overall lifestyle, women- and I really owe it to them. I love my P friends.