User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Love letter?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Gah! How many times do I have to say this! I wrote that letter, and I am not an ENFJ or an ENTP.
    I could easily see an ENTP writing this, but I think the ENFJ would have to be a little bit crazy to write something like this which I wrote, since there is very little Fe.
    I sorta took it as read that it was you, it's your style all over. That's why I said by an INTP for an xNTP. Or at least, if it's not intended for an NTP, it needs some editing...

I'd have the total opposite reaction to INTJMom - I'd laugh my ass off and think much higher of the person who wrote it for having the balls to risk me taking it seriously.

But it'd depend completely on the relationship you have with that person, as to how it'd be received. And if it was to someone they know well, I could easily imagine an ENFJ sending it. Like the dude said, PinkPiranha I can totally imagine writing it, as well as my nutty gothy sister.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

to agree with Substitute- if I received it from a perfect stranger I'd be a bit freaked out- if it was from a friend though? I'd laugh my ass off and post it on the refrigerator to cheer myself up in the future!

Cute Merkw!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I'd have the total opposite reaction to INTJMom - I'd laugh my ass off and think much higher of the person who wrote it for having the balls to risk me taking it seriously.
    Yes, definitely. I would greatly appreciate someone writing me something along these lines. Unless, of course, if it were a person who I do not know at all. In that case I would probably be amused, though perhaps slightly paranoid.

But it'd depend completely on the relationship you have with that person, as to how it'd be received.
    Indeed. I can imagine some people I know who would call the police if I sent this letter to them. (Oh no! Not another emoticon! Make the torture cease!)

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Cute Merkw!
    Cute?!? No!!!! I am not cute! I am Akzenhuramatna--eater of worlds! And tonight, Earth shall be my breakfast.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    ENTP

Even if it were from a stranger, I wouldn't be freaked out. I'd assume that anyone who really did MEAN that stuff seriously and had enough brains to be able to spell properly and have such a command of English, wouldn't actually incrimminate themselves so openly like that, and would probably be hell-bent on seeming as normal as possible to reel you in before going for the kill.

Nobody has anything to fear from anyone who's this obvious.

And Merkw, I knew when I read that and chuckled, that it'd annoy you to be called cute! And you have a smiley in your signature!!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INTP

I am totally plagiarizing this.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Even if it wasn't from a stranger, I wouldn't be freaked out. I'd assume that anyone who really did MEAN that stuff seriously and had enough brains to be able to spell properly and have such a command of English, wouldn't actually incrimminate themselves so openly like that, and would probably be hell-bent on seeming as normal as possible to reel you in before going for the kill.

Nobody has anything to fear from anyone who's this obvious.
    You have a point, but there still exists the chance of someone who is purely disturbed (psychologically, that is). Such a person could, as you say, have a perfect "command of English," yet could still be disconnected from reality the point of not realizing his/her errors. Back when I was in eighth grade, for instance, my history teacher told be about an incident where she saw a man on the street. This man looked homeless, or at least near-homeless. Based off of his mannerisms and speech, she assumed that he was most likely psychotic. He was handing out pamphlets that he made himself regarding some political conspiracy. Even though the thoughts he was trying to convey were disturbed, his writing was apparently written in perfect English, and a highly developed vocabulary. This showed that the man was presumably quite educated and intelligent, yet his psychological disturbances got in the way of things.

And Merkw, I knew when I read that and chuckled, that it'd annoy you to be called cute! And you have a smiley in your signature!!!
    Yes, I do have a smiley in my signature. Personally, it is the only decent smiley, along with , , and occasionally . The rest are slightly irritating, but my eyes burn when I look at , , , and . Egad. Shivers run down my spine at this minute.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    I am totally plagiarizing this.
    If this is the case, then I'll hunt you down, capture you, bring you to my laboratory (er...I mean, "house"), insert a tube down your throat, and force-feed you with rubber pigs.

Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    ....This showed that the man was presumably quite educated and intelligent, yet his psychological disturbances got in the way of things.
    Yeah I know people like that. Like a guy who looks at me dead straight and says, "I know I need to lose weight, but I want to do it without having to feel hungry or do any exercise" as if he totally thinks this is possible (bearing in mind that surgical intervention is not an option for him), and yet he has a degree in electronics and is a member of MENSA.

My point is that if someone really was a nut job, then you'd be able to tell by those little cues that say either "I'm saying this for real cos I totally think it's right" or "this is all tongue in cheek". Just ask them a few questions about it and it should become apparent whether it's deadpan humour or creepy insanity.