User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Love letter?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Agreed. If I received a love letter, I would hunt down the person responsible and inform them in a rather blunt way how I find their letter wretched, and how I would rather eat fifty live hamsters than have to cope with their existence. Any other ideas about the author's type?
    awwww

i would like a love letter.

(from some guy that i loved and not an anonymous/nonymous stalker)

also: xxTx is the only for sure I think
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

These are all very interesting responses. To tell the truth, I am the author of that letter. It's interesting how I end up sounding like an ENTP when I am in a good mood. I am a very strong introvert, though. Yes it is I. Anyways, how do you think someone would respond if I sent this to someone for Valentine's day? I hope the reaction wouldn't be too strong. Sometimes people don't quite get my odd sense of humor. (yes, horror of horrors, I used an emoticon)

P.S. Looks like someone misses my old avatar. I'll put it back up, or at least a similar Strangelove picture.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    ENTP

I might do it jokingly to someone I obviously wasn't in love with, or just to nobody in particular, as a joke blog post or something. But if I wanted to write a love letter, believe me, it'd achieve its purpose. At least, I never wrote one yet that didn't, and I've done a few. Even as a ghost writer for someone else (says something that I was asked to be, nay?).

For this one, from an INTP, and only another INTP would appreciate it.

Or possibly... possibly I could imagine my ENFJ sister liking something like that, and I imagine she'd write it too, if she weren't virtually illiterate. In fact it's the sort of thing I'd write as a parody of something she'd write (she's v. gothy).
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmmm. I was wondering if substitute would agree it's from an ENTP.
    I may have an ax to grind, but my INFP sister is just the type to get revenge this way if she felt jilted.

MBTI
    INTJ

That is an amusing love letter. Personally, I'd just prefer the guy to do something with me...love letters aren't necessary.

Points for not being sappy.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually that song I mentioned (twice, and which nobody's bothered to listen to ) that I wrote, that was a sorta love letter you could say, and it hit the spot.

INTJMom, I'm interested that you thought of me, cos I wouldn't say I was very quitessentially ENTP these days... or am I? I dunno, I'm just me I guess. But for me, the real essence or secret of writing anything like that is to keep it ORIGINAL. Anyone can trot out a bunch of cliches, but you have to stay just on the right side of the line between what you know the person wants to hear at one extreme, and basically indulging your own creative ego to the point where the recipient feels like no more than an excuse for you to show off how great a writer you are, at the other extreme.

You've got to say stuff that they know is you, but yet say it in a way they wouldn't have expected; as I say, a combination of sincerity and originality.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    These are all very interesting responses. To tell the truth, I am the author of that letter. It's interesting how I end up sounding like an ENTP when I am in a good mood. I am a very strong introvert, though. Yes it is I. Anyways, how do you think someone would respond if I sent this to someone for Valentine's day? I hope the reaction wouldn't be too strong. Sometimes people don't quite get my odd sense of humor. (yes, horror of horrors, I used an emoticon)

P.S. Looks like someone misses my old avatar. I'll put it back up, or at least a similar Strangelove picture.
    I would think that the person would have to know you in order for them to understand that it's supposed to be a joke. I think the person's response would depend on their Type. I hope you don't mind if I tell you frankly, I don't think it's funny.

If someone gave that to me, I would think they're dangerous, and I would avoid them for the rest of my life. If it was anonymous I might be driven insane with worry about who wrote it.

If you actually want the recipient to like you when they're done reading, may I suggest a more conventional approach? And something that doesn't include violence or sadomasochism?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ENFJ all the way! I can totally picture PinkP writing something like that. Can't you?

Gah! How many times do I have to say this! I wrote that letter, and I am not an ENFJ or an ENTP.
    I could easily see an ENTP writing this, but I think the ENFJ would have to be a little bit crazy to write something like this which I wrote, since there is very little Fe.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

My first thought was INTP if that makes you feel any better!

I can totally picture one of my INTP friends writing that while in a morbidly amusing mood!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett