User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Default What do you like about where you live?

As in weather, location, recreation?

Does where you live seem more like it's for young, middle, elder? Singles or couples? Or families? and why?

Favorite non-chain resturant, something unique to your area?

Favorite local activity or place.

Any favorite places that closed as a result of the economic downturn?

Do you like where you are or dream of going someplace else?

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Jersey weather is bipolar, but it's interesting to get a spring day in winter or a winter day in spring.
    I'm close to the shore, but far enough away to not be bogged down by tourists. I live right by the bay
    Everything is under 20 minutes away, but not too overwhelming. Mm suburbia.

Does where you live seem more like it's for young, middle, elder? Singles or couples? Or families? and why?
    Families. I live half a mile from an elementary school and the area is nice and suburban. Being by the shore is very family-oriented. We also have 4 high schools in my town that house about 8,000 kids all together.

Favorite non-chain restaurant, something unique to your area?
    Cuzzin's Pizza. Holy hell they know how to make a good pie.
    24/7 Diners.
    Apart from those, Wawa. It's unique to part of the east coast

The boardwalk at night or in the winter.

Maybe Recreation Station. They had dance nights, heaps of arcade games, laser tag, etc. They turned it into a toilet place.. wtf.

I like where i am, but it is far from financially reasonable. That's one of those things that will end up driving me out of the area.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Guns, Private Property and the Enlightenment

Where I live guns and private property have been abolished.

I can go from day to day, week to week, even year to year without seeing a gun except on the Australian Federal Police.

And no one, not even the richest, can buy private property. Yes, all property must be leased so we could build this beautiful city of Canberra.

Canberra is the only successfully planned Capital City in the world and is a testament to Enlightenment values.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I love the variety of people. You have the housing projects, Orthodox Hasidic and hipster kids whose parents pay the rent. Hippies on bikes, families with SUVs, drug dealers masquerading in ice cream trucks all drive past my apartment. I love the trees in the middle of the sidewalk and the fire hydrants that get cracked open in the summer that all the kids splash around in. I like the shiny new yuppie cafs right next door to the dollar stores and bodegas. The rattle of the overhead subway and the people hanging out on front stoops till all hours of the night. The Chinese food restaurants with no tables, serving fried chicken and mozzarella sticks through bullet proof glass. My favorite Korean greengrocer that always has Almond milk and the unlicensed BYOB music venue that is directly above it, through a hidden doorway. Storefront churches of every denomination are hidden all over - at least 4 on every street, while huge looming Catholic Cathedrals surrounded by razor-wire, that now serve as rehab clinics and halfway houses, are reminders of the Italians that used to live here. The abandoned brownstones with the roofs fallen in, next to the brand new luxury condominiums.

I love my little 20 block radius of Brooklyn.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

We have four seasons here. I am not so fond of winter, but I do love the other seasons. Location is so-so. My town is surrounded by farmland, but the trees are always trying to make a comeback. I love trees, so that's good except when a mulberry tree is trying to grow into my fence or something. As far as recreation, we have nice parks around here and I like that.

I think when my husband was looking at the stats, it looked like the population was older than us or younger than us. Not a ton of X-ers. I guess it is kind of elderly and young family mostly, but it's also a college town.

I don't think we really have much unique to the area. But my favorite non-chain restaurant is a little Chinese restaurant in a strip mall by Kroger.

I don't think there is a whole lot to do here besides go to parks unless you like spending money and I don't. At this point in time, I'm largely a homebody, so it suits me okay.

Public library branches.

I love it here. It's comfortable and familiar. The trees here are beautiful. The people are generally friendly and laid back. Houses are cheap. It's big enough to get most of what you need without leaving town and to not have that small town everybody's in your business feel, but small enough to not have really bad crime or horrible traffic.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I love the weather in my area. After experiencing summer all year long for more than 6-years, I'm happy to be enjoying all four seasons again.

I have a beautiful shot of the foothills of the mountains, a river running through my community(and a number of other large rivers in the area), lots of lakes, and towering evergreens. It's perfect.

Most of the recreational activities I partake in are kid oriented, but there are a good number of festivals throughout the year. I enjoy doing outdoorsy things when it's warm. I spend a good bit of time near the water, visiting our local attractions, picking seasonal fruits, and dining out.

Specifically, where I live is entirely family oriented, which is why I live there in the first place. Our community has waterslides, playgrounds, outdoor movies during the summer, camps and weekly organized activities for kids, an onsite neighborhood library, multiple clubhouses, walking and hiking trails, neighorhood wide holiday celebrations, etc...It's perfect for raising children. Not too far from me is a major city. It's definitely more for singles, college students, and young professionals, but it's also great visiting for families.

Favorite local activity or place.Picking blueberries, cutting down the Christmas tree and drinking apple cidar at the tree farm, are some of my favorite activities. Actually, I enjoy so many seasonal goings ons. I don't really have a favorite place though.

Far too many. There was an amazing restaurant near me that just screamed NF! It was perfect; beautifully designed with a modern style. It was so clean and bright, and also quite popular. The food was fantastic, and organic to boot. They had a special section for children with books, conference rooms for businesses, and a cushy couch area and fireplace. The restaurant started off as a volunteer reachout foundation to educate lower income children in entrepreneurship. The founders initially baked cookies and sold them to raise money for the organization, but the cookies were such a big hit that they decided to start a restaurant which featured them. They held seminars on progressive education for young people...**sigh** I miss it so much. I shed some tears when it closed. Life's not fair!

I love where I live, but I always dream of more. I'm so greedy.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTP

I love where I live 'cause it's HOT!!!!

I may want to live in or closer to Tampa/St Pete or Orlando, but it's all good around here.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I love where I live 'cause it's HOT!!!!

I may want to live in or closer to Tampa/St Pete or Orlando, but it's all good around here.
    My favorite resturant in Tampa Closed. It was called the Tex-Mex Cantino on the Courtney Campbell Causeway. Favorite dish was the Chili Rellenos. After dinner, it was fun to get a "shot" from the woman dressed up in western attire and a "six-shooter." Tequila dispensed from the barrell. Enjoyed a few nice dates, where we'd walk across the street and sit while looking out onto the bay. Lots of good times with friends there too.

Lived in Punta Gorda briefly, around USF on the Fletcher/Fowler side, then Temple Terrace. Playing volleyball out at Clearwater was fun. Sheesus that was a long time ago now.

***thanks to those posting, really enjoying reading through and learning about other places.

MBTI
    IsTP

The Boise area is awesome. Relatively low crime, all four seasons but mild winters with minimal snow. We have the desert to the south, the mountains and trees to the north. There are a couple nearby reservoirs for water sports and a ski resort only 30 minutes from the valley floor.

I'd say middle. We have had a lot of California transplants who've sold their two bedroom homes for 400k and were able to get into big 5 bedroom houses here for 300k. Actually after the economy took a dump there are houses EVERYWHERE that are vacant, and on the cheap. You can get a 3-bedroom in some areas for under 100k, though they are of the cookie-cutter subdivision type.

Well, I actually live in nearby Nampa, but when I do get to Boise I usually hit up Merritts if it is late (open 24 hours, greasy spooon) or if it is in the afternoon the West Side Drive-In can't be beat.

Locally... I sometimes sing a bit of karaoke at a bar in here in Nampa, or I shoot hoops at the local park. I like getting out of town though, I like to go gold-finding up around Idaho City or Silver City which are both about an hour away. Also there are hundreds of thousands of whistle pigs (ground squirrels) that live in the desert south of Idaho, I sometimes take my .22 out and do a little shooting, its open season on them year-round.

Actually no, the area I am in wasn't really that hard-hit by the downturn.

To live? I've thought about moving to north/central Idaho to be closer to my parents, though there isn't much in the way of employment out there.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Nothing, nothing at all.

I could up and leave with absolute easy and would do so if I had someone or something to go to.