User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I can leave my house unlocked, and my keys in my car and not worry about it.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    ISTP

As in weather, location, recreation?

Weather here is pretty mild. Summer has a few really hot days in the low 100s, during winter it snows 1-5 inches per year... It's not too humid here altho I know a LOT of people who complain about it. I grew up in tropical humid jungle-type weather... 70-100% humidity is way normal there. Here it gets to 50% and people freak out. :rolli:

Anyway, it's a nice change to be in a dryer climate than Honduras.

Location is meh. I wish I were in a bigger city. It seems like everyone knows everyone else here. And it's not like it's a small town. Little Rock *is* a city. According to the wiki, the city has 189k people and the metro area has 685k. Certainly not massive, but not small either.

Recreation has taken me awhile to get used to. In the humid climate I used to live in, doing stuff outside....SUCKED. Sweaty in an instant. It's no wonder I stayed at a computer all of the time. Minimal movement and usually in air conditioned rooms. Doing outdoor stuff here is a lot of fun 'cause of the climate. I ride my bike a decent amount for some exercise and I've gone camping. The water park here is cool too. The coaster park is a little lame, but it's still fun enough to go to each year with a season pass ($50 for the season or $45 for the day! what a rip!). There's a lot of nature stuff to do. Lots of hiking, canoeing, camping... It's not stuff I grew up with, so it's been a little hard to get used to. It's growing on me and I'm liking it more now.

Does where you live seem more like it's for young, middle, elder? Singles or couples? Or families? and why?

Families. Definitely families. Everyone here is married with young kids or grandkids. Where I work encourages family stuff. The laws here cater to family oriented activities, always assuming children will be present (so no smoking anywhere, no drinking, lots of dry counties, early closing time for bars, etc).

Favorite non-chain resturant, something unique to your area?

It's a small local chain - Sr. Tequila, great cheap Mexican food and free, endless chips with salsa!
    Um... There's a Greek/Lebanese place that's good too, Leyla's. Good hummus.
    Your Mama's is good southern comfort food altho I could definitely live without it.
    Saddlecreek has good steak and a really good BLT salad.
    Fantastic China has great beef fried rice and it's really cheap. I think they put crack in the water 'cause for some reason when I go, I can't stop drinking! It's really good water!
    The Underground Pub has delicious Welsh Chicken.

I've had a hard time getting adjusted to the food here. South Louisiana has some amazing food with lots of spices and flavor. I came here and everything is so bland!! Potatoes only taste like potatoes. Chicken only tastes like chicken. It's like the region never got clued in on what seasoning is. I don't crave a whoooole lot of typically-Little-Rock food or places. I crave a lot from Baton Rouge tho (which is where I went to school for 4.5 years).

From Baton Rouge: The Chimes, Georges, Izzo's, Atcha's
    From New Orleans: The Harbor (omg...amazing and incredibly cheap...it's near the airport, so if you're ever near there, I HIGHLY recommend this place. A lot of airline pilots go eat there!)

Favorite local activity or place.

I have no idea. I like going to the park and just chilling on a nice day, but I don't do it very often. I'm too lazy to go alone and most of my friends are loners and afraid of the outdoors and lazy and stuff.

Any favorite places that closed as a result of the economic downturn?

I don't really know since I've only been here 2 years...

Do you like where you are or dream of going someplace else?

Somewhere else plz. I like it better now than I did when I first moved here, but I'm too much for this place to handle And uh...it's the buckle of the bible belt. No thank you.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Southwestern Ontario is considered lush compared to the rest of Canada. We do get the four season and never in moderation. I live in a bedroom town in an argicultual township. It is 20 mins away from two different cities which is nice. Most of the recreation here is whatever you do outdoors however the nearest town (10 mins) has a recreational complex.

Does where you live seem more like it's for young, middle, elder? Singles or couples? Or families? and why?
    All types of demographics. It depends if you can afford to live here due to the location of the nearby cities.

Farm gate sales.

Going to the in laws' farm. Feels like you are isolated.

No. This area relies on tourism.

No.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

As in weather, location, recreation? Western Michigan. We live on a good sized lake. Winter can be rough - a lot of snow. That also makes it beautiful. All kinds of outdoor activity all year. We have a Malibu waterski boat and Jet Skis which makes the summer just as fun. It's great to run out the back door and right to the beach and water. There are more people around then, we live on the edge of a big state park and that's a light drawback(traffic and noise).

Does where you live seem more like it's for young, middle, elder? Singles or couples? Or families? and why? A good mix of both although there are a lot of older people with places here that head south for the winter

Favorite non-chain resturant, something unique to your area? There's a pretty good rib place just around the corner and a little diner about a mile away.

Favorite local activity or place.Anything outdoors any time of the year but the sleigh rides in the snow are my favorite.

Any favorite places that closed as a result of the economic downturn? There is a lot of that. More on the east side/Detroit where I moved from though.

Do you like where you are or dream of going someplace else? No. I don't want to leave here. If we ever did we would come back someday.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Weather: Summers here in Western New York are awesome. Not too hot, lots of sunlight. We get the cooling effect of Lake Erie so we have very few days above 90 degrees and almost never have days above 100 degrees. Winters are a bit on the cold side. But this past winter wasn't too excessive. As for location, well, not so good. I feel kind of isolated, especially because I don't drive. Recreation: we've got two state parks here. One is more of a nature preserve. I like to walk to the parks. Sometimes, I go to the town park just to walk a little.

Lots of families live here. Lots of kids. Just not on my block. Where are they? They don't come on Halloween. We still have the candy.

Yes, we have a wonderful tea house. It's really cute and oddly placed next to a gas station.

I like to go swimming at the Holiday Inn.

I can't think of any.

Elsewhere. This place is way too car-oriented. It's dangerous to walk here at night, due to the shortage of sidewalks and the fact that drivers use their bright lights and park on the shoulder of the road. My dream would be to live in a place where there are no cars or a place where there is a system of connected bike/pedestrian paths. Then I could feel more free and independent.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.