User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default What is your fondest accomplishment?

What makes it the most satisfying to you?

Doesn't need to be anything great as far as other people are concerned, but it should be important to you.

I once saw a local rock band playing and I really enjoyed the show, and I told myself, "man, one day I'm going to form a band and play on a big stage in front of fans and supporters, and inspire people just the way they inspire me".

I did just that. It's pretty incredible.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

garbage

Accomplishments: a love/hate relationship

My feeling when I graduated with my bachelor's degree was one of apathy. "Wake me up when I get my Ph.D." I didn't want to get a class ring or any other mementos, because it didn't really mean a whole lot to me.

Masters degree? Same thing. Though, I relented and got a class ring because my parents urged me to do so.

Promotions at work don't tend to mean a whole lot to me, because I'm looking to get a business of my own up and running eventually. "Wake me up when my business takes off."

And I'm sure that, when I get my Ph.D. and/or get my business off the ground, I'll have another pot of gold that I'll be chasing, and so I won't stop for long to enjoy the one that I've already reached. Hell, I've already got plans for an MBA after my Ph.D. ..

It's a tendency of mine to write off my own accomplishments and deem them trivial. I've gotten better about recognizing them, but, still--that lingering tendency is there.

If I had to answer the question, my biggest accomplishment is probably overcoming my social and general anxiety. I feel pretty much no anxiety anymore--about anything--and that's enabled me to do so much more in life. It's freeing, rewarding, and relaxing.

Since it had been a life-long struggle and a huge detriment to me in the early stages of my development, there was a lot to overcome.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The time I rescued three very ill kittens from the brink of death (ohhh dramatic, I know).

The fact that they stuck it out, when even the vet said it was questionable at best if they'd survive, filled me with joy. They grew up to be the most beautiful and lovable little furballs ever. No accomplishment ever gave me more purpose and meaning than saving three little bundles of fur.

Then:

kittens 035.jpg

Now:

kittens 023.jpg

kittens 162.jpg
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Biggest achievements:

1. My kids... they're just great people and I love who they are becoming and also who I have become in relation to them. I saw it more as a responsibility at first, now it's been a joy.
    2. A few of the songs I've written, a few of the writings I've written -- it's amazing to feel like a conduit for creative energy when everything clicks.
    3. The worship band I helped build at my old church... just pulling people together and watching them develop as musicians and people to form a cohesive group that couldn't at first play together but eventually become a fairly tight ensemble. Mostly I feel like I was just a catalyst and strategist, the real work came from them.
    4. My own personal growth and changes over the course of my life -- I know what it means to take some horrendous risks while feeling overwhelmed by fear, and I'm proud of who I am and what I have achieved by not giving up and by trying to take the high road as much as possible. I'm still rather amazed at the road(s) I have traveled.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Forming a distinct, coherent style of writing would be one.
    Making progress on effectively communicating with people would be another.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Playing my violin in the Sydney Opera House.

Good times.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Phantonym

I always have only one answer to such questions. Staying alive. Nothing tops that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Climbing mountains. Screw education and money, I think humans are programmed to obtain the highest satisfaction by reaching top of a mountain (and with sex, yeah). So far what I regard as my biggest accomplishment has been reaching the top of the Marmolada (highest mountain nearby) by cycling from home to the base village and then climbing up. Definitely the best day of my life, even if I didn't even tell anybody about it.

@Amargith: awwww that's great, they're beautiful. I love cats.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I was on a call to a car fire, there was still an older lady in the vehicle so we pulled her out, but she was unresponsive. I started to give CPR and she came back. She was the only life that I have saved so far.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"