User Tag List

First 123 Last

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

My fondest accomplishment may seem small and not very much of an accomplishment to some, but it is to me. When I was a child, I had a deathly fear of water to the point where I'd have a major panic attack and start shaking if I had to get near pools and all.

When I was 7, my mother forced me into taking swimming lessons. I'd cry and cry and beg to go home every time I'd show up at the community pool for my lessons. My swimming coach had the worst time trying to teach me to swim because I was so afraid.

Two weeks into the lessons, all of the students had the choice to jump off the highest diving board. At first I thought "screw that, I'm not jumping", but after watching the other kids having fun, I decided to at least try. As soon as I got up there, I panicked. But some how I ignored every thing in my body screaming at me to not jump, and just jumped.

When I'm afraid, I just think of that time. If I could over come my obsessive fear of water, then I can over come just about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

my ex-writing skills. we are currently separated...temporarily on a break.

MBTI
    IsTP

My fondest accomplishment...

When I was 7 or 8 years old my grandfather had bought one of those build-yourself hobby kit-clocks. Came with everything you needed, you just had to put it together yourself. I'd often be over in his little shop and 'helped' him during various stages of its construction. Mostly handing him parts he needed, and occasionally getting to screw something in or tighten down a bolt. I loved it. When it was done he put it on the mantle, wound it up and let it go. Tic toc tic toc, worked just fine. For the longest time I made sure *everybody* knew I helped build that clock.

Well time rolled on and I eventually forgot about it. My grandfather grew ill and passed away. I graduated highschool and struck out into the world, and I eventually moved to Nampa, Idaho, which is one town over from where my great uncle lived. Out of the blue I get a call from him (haven't spoke with him in years) and he tells me there is something he wants me to have.

I go over and sure enough, there it was. Evidently he saw me bragging about it in an old home movie my mother shot. He passed it on to me, though it didn't work anymore.

I took it home and began to VERY carefully disassemble it, it was pretty damn intricate so I had to write down and tag how everything went back together. I found the cause of the problem, somebody had over-tightened the coil spring and it had snapped. I took it into work and ran a weld on it, and brought it back home. I put it back together oh-so-carefully. I eased the key in to wind it up, turned very slowly hoping that bastard wouldn't break again.

Once satisfied, I gave the pendulum a little flick... and sure enough.. Tic.. toc.. tic.. toc.. tic.. toc..

Now it is on my mantle
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I like this thread. There's some inspiring stuff here. SPs, you both wrote stories, and I like yours especially.

I absolutely would not consider it my fondest accomplishment, but the first thing that popped into my head was track. I was on the track team as a teenager, and I was good: all-conference, and part of relay teams that won meets, earned prizes, set school records. I do look back on that with a lot of fondness. That was a happy time for me.

Perhaps I'll come back to this thread later with something more meaningful. I mostly wanted to thank people for sharing their stories.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    I was on a call to a car fire, there was still an older lady in the vehicle so we pulled her out, but she was unresponsive. I started to give CPR and she came back. She was the only life that I have saved so far.
    I'm gunna keep you round mate, just in case there is a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm proud of who I am and what I have achieved by not giving up and by trying to take the high road as much as possible.
    And I am surprised you do take the high road, in spite of provocation.

Winning a 4v4 match in MTW: VI against good players, after my allies were all badly beaten... playing it was a real rush.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

1. Getting invited to talk to the producer of my hometown's NBC network after writing a letter of complaint and action concerning the impact of the type of news that was being shown in our community on its members. I was 11.

2. Never getting beat up in school! That was a big one. Being able to successfully negotiate myself out of conflicts and reach middle ground.

3. As superficial as it is, I'm proud of the fact that I was prom princess and a calendar girl in high school. I balanced the superficiality with also being selected as the representative for our school in the state leadership forum two years in a row, being the VP of the student body, and one of the co-editors of the best yearbook our school had ever seen. The yearbook won top in the country that year. The class president and I took on the task of creating a video back when you couldn't just do it online in 5-minutes. It was pretty damn awesome!

4. In my late teens, successfully transfering universities on my own(after flunking out of the first) and moving states away from everyone I knew in order to prove that I was loyal and commited to my then boyfriend(now husband).

5. After flunking out of my freshmen year in college and overcoming a personal tradegy, being selected the next year as a "Who's Who Among Students" recipient.

6. Getting the opportunity to take part in raising my godson so that one of my best friends could get herself together. This was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I was 20 when I began caring for him.

7. Surviving the unexpected deaths of so many of my close family members of friends over the course of a few years. I thought the nightmare would never end, and sometimes I still wonder if I'm still here. For the most part, I can finally manage the ringing of a telephone without panicking and wondering who died.

8. Starting my own business in college, making good money, and supporting myself into adulthood.

9. All things related to being a mom: failed at hynobirthing, but have maintained being a relatively sane stay-at-home and homeschooling mom; nursing for three years, having a great relationship with my kiddo.

10. Clearing the air with my mother.

11. Maintaining my closest friendships, no matter how long distance they may be.

Next up: Getting my family together for the holidays so many years after the fallout. They'll never know what hitem.]

I most proud of myself when feel as though I'm competent and capable of doing those things that I know I'm meant to do; and also, when I'm able to help change and impact the lives of others for the better.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I haven't accomplished anything in my life. There are still so many things in my life that I still want to accomplish, but now I can just hope that I'll get the chance for it.

However, I did accomplish that I dare to make a fool of myself without feeling ashamed. But that's not important to me.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Coming to peace with the proposition that accomplishments do not bring lasting satisfaction.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau