User Tag List

First 12

garbage

Online. Though I've got plenty of people I connect with in such a fashion IRL, it's easier to do so online.

Many of my 'best friends' are people I talk to online.

And, in mediums such as Facebook, I control what I put out into the world, rather than being bound by the social context of the situation. It's my domain with my unadulterated thoughts, and people respond as they are going to respond--sharing in my domain, if they 'get' me.

When you talk online, it is more about ideas and thoughts than about the current situation or thing that you're experiencing. You're not at some bar looking for no-frills, shallow conversation; you're there explicitly to share your ideas.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Online certainly allows for a more direct route to trains of thought. However, it also colors how we express ourselves. Or rather, it removes the color that the physical world adds. That color can be replaced with any that we wish to project.

Surely, cyberspace can provide a lead towards a mind-mate, but I do not think that I could assign that title without actually meeting the person in the physical world.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Ohhhh. Emmm. Errrrrr. Urgghhhhh.

IRL, my ENTPs are the closest things to mind mates I have. It is all very debate and logic focused though so it lacks an emotive component but is very intellectually satisfying.

As to what really goes on in my head? Hehehe, oh online, as I would never share the stuff I think/feel verbally with most people I interact with. It is really fun but crazy/silly/weird/bizarre thus more safely done online. Just by reading my posts you guys know me better than anybody IRL.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

Ok. Now I'm just depressed.
    Nooooo, don't be depressed

Quote Originally Posted by attetude View Post
    I have enough challenges thinking with only my own brain.
    I know that feeling, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    My extended social circle irl would probably be surprised to learn that I read anything that doesn't have naked pictures in it.
    Moderation is the key

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    Good question saslou. I've accepted that I am different with each person with whom I interact. I open up with some people and with others wild horses couldn't drag a personal comment out of me. In real life I don't try to force it anymore.

I like online, because it offers lots of opportunities to see many people and their points of view. Usually something just strikes me as interesting about them, like the title of this thread.

My recommendation is to hang out in the logic puzzle section of a bookstore, or drink a coffee and do logic puzzles in a cafe. Judging from your photos, I think you will have plenty of candidates, and from them some contenders. Alternately, hang out in a bookstore section that interests you. Nothing more attractive than a woman with a book.

Good luck.
    Thanks .. I am the same in that there are very few people i will open up to IRL. Unfortunately, i buy the majority of my books online (they're cheaper)
    Good suggestion though.

I do enjoy interacting with people but for some reason it seems to be strangers mostly. We chat then go our own way, i would like that to change that one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Personally, I find it hard to connect with anybody, anywhere.
    As i said above .. It seems only strangers with me .. I have yet to find the key to connect with people who want to be my friend. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I'm glad you started this thread, saslou. I find two components to someone who is a mindmate - the first is the way conversation and debate resonate between the two, and the second is a mutual respect and interest to listen.
    That is the key

I am grateful i have my partner to discuss things with and i do like that he challenges my thinking .. It is just a little hard sometimes, i can't quite put my finger on why it's hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Online certainly allows for a more direct route to trains of thought. However, it also colors how we express ourselves. Or rather, it removes the color that the physical world adds. That color can be replaced with any that we wish to project.

Surely, cyberspace can provide a lead towards a mind-mate, but I do not think that I could assign that title without actually meeting the person in the physical world.
    This is where i agree totally .. Online we have a delete button, the choice when to interact etc .. IRL we don't have that bonus, and it doesn't really bother me .. If someone needs to comment on my inaccurate thinking/knowledge, then thanks for correcting me .. I don't claim to know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    As to what really goes on in my head? Hehehe, oh online, as I would never share the stuff I think/feel verbally with most people I interact with. It is really fun but crazy/silly/weird/bizarre thus more safely done online. Just by reading my posts you guys know me better than anybody IRL.
    I share my feelings online when i find i am not reaching any conclusion on my own accord .. so i just blurt it all out and hope to find an answer in people's replies.

What i find hard online is that i am aware i have to do the mindless chit chat in order to find some common ground but it has been stated on this site that some people don't like mindless chit chat .. So i am not sure how to approach people .. Lets just say i am in a psychology debating mood, i am not going to send a PM to someone asking them a deep question as i don't know the person very well and i wouldn't blame them for not answering.

I don't know
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Easier for me to find them online, but they are still rare.
    A lot of it is because people are at different mental stages. There could be potential to match up with someone, but it's not fulfilled yet. One side isn't up to par, which can happen a lot on my end in typec :blushing:.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ISFJ

People are often boring in their way of talking in my life. I debate with an INTJ friend...but he's limited (whereas I'm the alpha and the omega)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Online. Though I've got plenty of people I connect with in such a fashion IRL, it's easier to do so online.

Many of my 'best friends' are people I talk to online.

And, in mediums such as Facebook, I control what I put out into the world, rather than being bound by the social context of the situation. It's my domain with my unadulterated thoughts, and people respond as they are going to respond--sharing in my domain, if they 'get' me.

When you talk online, it is more about ideas and thoughts than about the current situation or thing that you're experiencing. You're not at some bar looking for no-frills, shallow conversation; you're there explicitly to share your ideas.
    My thoughts exactly. Online for sure.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I think it's easier to find a mind mate online because the internet is more easily searchable than real life. Also, people tend to drop their public image on the internet.

To find a mind mate in real life, you'd probably go about it like a search engine. Pick an interest, goto yellow pages or meetup.com, try out the first 5 hits, or until you find something worthy. Then like minds should be there. Spheres of interest generally intersect.

Ginkgo

If you work in a meat factory and you copulate with a cow brain, does that count?