User Tag List

Thread: Journaling?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Journaling?

Does anyone keep a journal? Is it online or written and is it public or private? What way do you use it? Is it for reflection or recording facts, do you provide a lot of factual detail about people or is it impressions and feelings, is it to track something in particular like a diet or moods or is it for everything? How long have you kept one? Do you read journals, either online blogs or published journals?

Phantonym

No, I don't keep a journal or a blog. But I do read a few online blogs outside of this site. I've kept it up for years because these are people I've learned to love and respect a lot.

I cannot keep a journal. I write, but I have a problem writing solely about my personal thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. I would only be able to do it if I knew no one would read them, because they are private. Unfortunately, I fear someone invading that privacy. I did keep a journal as a child, which was read, and then I was punished for what was in it. I'm sure that has everything to with my current distrust of them.

That may also be why I have a problem with reading other people's blogs, I realize they put themselves out there, and that is admirable, but I often feel like a voyeur if I read them. Although, I suppose if it were someone I knew well, I would be fine with reading it.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    That may also be why I have a problem with reading other people's blogs, I realize they put themselves out there, and that is admirable, but I often feel like a voyeur if I read them. Although, I suppose if it were someone I knew well, I would be fine with reading it.
    I used to have the same problem. I would feel really embarrassed when reading the blogs. But then I just told myself that these are completely open blogs, people choose to write about the things they write about and they are completely fine with it.

I do cringe once in a while because one of the blogs I read is by a young troubled woman who has an amazing personality, she's smart and witty, very honest about her experiences, thoughts and feelings but there's an underlying sadness to all of that and sometimes it can be difficult to absorb.

But that's life, real life, I value the insights I can gain from other people's experiences.

garbage

I've kept a private journal for the past year and a half, right after I started some major life changes and readjustment of life priorities. I've just been rolling with it ever since.

I also get migranes/cluster headaches, depression, and sleep issues, so I'm looking to track my patterns and "triggers" as well.

So I end up jotting down a variety of information--things that happened, my feelings toward them, my 'existential crises', things that may have caused a headache, and so on.

I have kept a journal since I could write letters.

Off and on until about 13-ish, then pretty consistently since then. I write down things that I am processing, or things that people say (or insights that I have) that I think are prfound/relevant that I don't want to forget. I also have a blog, but that is generally more finished and less personal. My real journal is a tool for processing information and feelings, as well as ideas of a spiritual/moral nature. It is a way of examining what is happening internally and externally. Fi?

Actually one of my favorite things is opening a brand new notebook to the first page. So many possibilities... what will happen to me over the coming months. Which people will I meet? Which discoveries will I make? What will I learn? How will I grow? Who will I become?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Does anyone keep a journal? Is it online or written and is it public or private? What way do you use it? Is it for reflection or recording facts, do you provide a lot of factual detail about people or is it impressions and feelings, is it to track something in particular like a diet or moods or is it for everything? How long have you kept one? Do you read journals, either online blogs or published journals?
    I do. It's online. Public. I've kept it since February, and I intend to keep up with it. I read the journals of my friends on the site (tumblr).

I blog about my reviews of movies, music I like, relatively personal things, photos, videos, and more.

It's a great tool.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I keep a private journal since I was a kid.

I use it to record facts, impressions on things that happen to me in my daily life. Records on my past realtionships, jobs, studies, as for which were the best and worst things about them. To keep doing the best, hone the good, and avoid repeating the bad things Ive done in the past.

Also, I write down certain things that people close to me tells me which I dont find convincing, so that it helped me a lot to discover when people is playing games on me. After years of doing so, I can tell it without difficulty now.

To sum up, I keep a journal as a learning tool, for personal growth more than a biography.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I do.
    I've kept online/public journals for the past 10 years (maybe longer, but the first one was deleted. always disappointed about that).
    I discuss daily events and thoughts. Typically it is to catalog myself and my opinions on things. Other times to involve other people and express things about them.
    It's very feeling/impression based and has severe undertones of personal growth.

I like to read the online blogs of people that i care about. It's rare that i'll read into someone who i've never interacted with.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance