User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ni Dom Users: Which best describes your beliefs about God?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ: I believe there is a God

8 14.29%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a >50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

1 1.79%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a 50-50 chance that some kind of Divinity exists

3 5.36%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

5 8.93%
  • INTJ: I believe there is no God

15 26.79%
  • INFJ: I believe there is a God

9 16.07%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a >50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

2 3.57%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a 50-50 chance that some kind of Divinity exists

4 7.14%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

5 8.93%
  • INFJ: I believe there is no God

4 7.14%
First 678910 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

C'mon, Night.

The notion that evolution and God are mutually exclusive is so... early 20th century...

Unless you want to perpetuate the notion that 7-yr old INTJs have more intellectual flexibility than you and your xNTP brethren, I suggest you try to do better than that...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Oh, Zara. We have so much to discuss. . .

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yes we do... yes we do...

MBTI
    INTJ

If there is some sort of divinity, it is nothing like our silly mythologies suggest.

MBTI
    INxJ

No. Just, no.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    No. Just, no.

You're still around....

Be still my heart, and an atheist, too.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    C'mon, Night.

The notion that evolution and God are mutually exclusive is so... early 20th century...

Unless you want to perpetuate the notion that 7-yr old INTJs have more intellectual flexibility than you and your xNTP brethren, I suggest you try to do better than that...
    It's a meme that refuses to die.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I made this thread with the intent of gathering some data about the relationship between Ni and the Divine.

I know my own spiritual beliefs are ridiculously complex, and that the reason for this certainly relates to my Ni (as well as my Te and Fi, I suppose), and I wanted to see if I could gather from others a bit more about the effects of Ni on spiritual belief.

I'd say enough results have come in to draw some (admittedly cursory) conclusions:

In total, at the time of this posting, 11 real INFJS and 16 real INTJs voted in the polls.

I am not surprised to see that INFJs voted more towards belief in God than INTJs, but I find it pretty amazing that a full 8/11 INFJs straight up believe in God. Fascinating... Something about Ni+Fe, I think... Only 2/11 INFJs voted for anything less than a 50/50 chance...

INTJs, on the other hand, started out strongly in the disbelief category, but then a number came in and added to the believers category. By the end, 6/16 INTJs were willing to stand firmly in their disbelief, 5/16 were willing to say that they think there's less than a 50% chance, but weren't willing to to firmly state that they did not believe there was a God, 2/12 (including myself) decided to stay neutral and claim a 50/50 chance, while 3/16 were willing to make the plunge and definitively state that they believe there is a God.

(interesting side note: an ENFP on this site recently posted that she knows four INTJs who, contrary to popular belief, are well acquainted with their F function. I was interested in seeing how this acquaintance with one's F function might affect how these INTJs would vote in this poll, and, well, 1/4 voted for disbeliever, 1/4 voted for 50/50, and 2/4 voted for belief in God. Obviously, that's not a perfect methodology, but it is interesting to note how that group voted disproportionately away from disbelief in God, relative to the general INTJ population.)

So, anyone have any thoughts on why Ni doms who back up their Ni with Fe vote so much more in favor of belief in God than those who back up their Ni with Te?

Or why INTJs with well-developed tertiary F functions seem to vote disproportionately in favor of belief in the Divine (if you're willing to accept anything at all from that anecdotal evidence, which, I agree, is by no means rigorous or scientific)?

And lastly, what, if anything, might it mean about the nature of a well-developed F function and its relationship to belief in God?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Or why INTJs with well-developed tertiary F functions seem to vote disproportionately in favor of belief in the Divine (if you're willing to accept anything at all from that anecdotal evidence, which, I agree, is by no means rigorous or scientific)?

And lastly, what, if anything, might it mean about the nature of a well-developed F function and its relationship to belief in God?
    How do you know the INTJs that voted for god or neutral have well developed F? I like to think I do as well. Enough to question my type, but that doesn't mean I can accept the existence of a theistic god. Or really any higher power in the way major religions have done so thus far.