User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ni Dom Users: Which best describes your beliefs about God?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ: I believe there is a God

8 14.29%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a >50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

1 1.79%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a 50-50 chance that some kind of Divinity exists

3 5.36%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

5 8.93%
  • INTJ: I believe there is no God

15 26.79%
  • INFJ: I believe there is a God

9 16.07%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a >50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

2 3.57%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a 50-50 chance that some kind of Divinity exists

4 7.14%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

5 8.93%
  • INFJ: I believe there is no God

4 7.14%
First 45678 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

^ Also, thank you for further perpetuating the myth that all INTJs spend the majority of their time sitting in dark rooms, masturbating to anime.

Oops, I forgot I was supposed to perpetuate the myth that INTJs don't masturbate or enjoy sex because it's not worth their time.

I can accept being thought of as a coward if it means I don't have to try and endorse a belief I don't feel comfortable or confident that I have.

It's better to choose battles I believe in, then to choose battles because someone else wants me to believe in them. As long as I remember this, I never lose , even if I lose a battle.

But if you would prefer I chose something (and I can tell that you would) then I'll choose something not on that list. I believe in the ability for humans to correct and learn from mistakes, even if that means they must be often repeated. If you want to call that God, then so be it; and I thus believe in God. I think that's what you wanted to hear, isn't it? Although I'm not telling you this just because I think that's what you want to hear.

I know all this sounds pretentious, but it's probably the only belief I really have - the only thing that ever remains constant.

^And thanks for perpetuating the myth that INTJs are all Superman in disguise, looking for any trouble and finding a way to save the day.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I chose other. But, after thinking about it, and realizing just how uncertain I am, I suppose I should have chosen agnostic 50-50.

I do not place value on ritual (outside of psychosomatic values).

The way I see it, the human mind struggles with the concept of infinity. We are always looking for a beginning and end. All the accepted theories in astrophysics only deal with formation of matter and energy from existing particles. They never really touch the idea of true nothingness becoming something, which is religion's bread and butter.

Then again, conception is the nature of human inquisition. And if it can be conceived of, is it nothing in the truest sense of the word? And if that's the case, can a universe with no matter, energy, or particles of any kind, but still houses a god, be considered nothing to begin with?

Maybe nothingness has never truly existed, and we just don't want to accept that. I don't know, but I love to ponder this stuff for days on end.

The only thing I claim to know in this regard is that I am full of questions and curiosity, and little answers. But hey, finding out is the fun part right? Although... I suppose it would suck if religion is correct and you're on the losing bet...
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Thanks for the response Kra.

I think I'm actually gunna do this poll again, but not include the "other" option.

That way, people won't just have the easy opt out of "other".

I mean, don't the five options basically run the gamut?

If not, what other option should be included?

Thoughts?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Perhaps divide atheist up into two groups:

- one doesn't believe in God and believes there is no possibility for the existence of the Divine

- the other doesn't believe in God either, but does believe there is a possibility for the existence of the Divine.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I can accept being thought of as a coward if it means I don't have to try and endorse a belief I don't feel comfortable or confident that I have.
    I'm just pointing to the fact that someone who doesn't have a belief one way or the other is agnostic, which is one of three options presented, and, from there, you just have to pick one of three possible probabilities.

The non-cowardly move would be to decide which one of those three you believe in...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm just pointing to the fact that someone who doesn't have a belief one way or the other is agnostic, which is one of three options presented, and, from there, you just have to pick one of three possible probabilities.

The non-cowardly move would be to decide which one of those three you believe in...
    Stop being so logical. Everyone's doing it. Here have some weed.
    <passes the drugs>
    <holds religious police badge behind back>
    Don't be shy, try this awesome shit.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Stop being so logical. Everyone's doing it. Here have some weed.
    <passes the drugs>
    <holds religious police badge behind back>
    Don't be shy, try this awesome shit.
    No religious police badge here.

At least not any religion anybody but myself belongs to.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

And I'm not asking you to not be logical.

In fact, my position is the most logical of all possible positions.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

The polling options have been updated.

(No more cowards )