User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ni Dom Users: Which best describes your beliefs about God?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ: I believe there is a God

8 14.29%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a >50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

1 1.79%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a 50-50 chance that some kind of Divinity exists

3 5.36%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

5 8.93%
  • INTJ: I believe there is no God

15 26.79%
  • INFJ: I believe there is a God

9 16.07%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a >50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

2 3.57%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a 50-50 chance that some kind of Divinity exists

4 7.14%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

5 8.93%
  • INFJ: I believe there is no God

4 7.14%
First 23456 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

But I am interested to see the differences between INTJs and INFJs...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I cant see how some one can say YES! there is a god, or NO! there is no god. there are so many things to consider that I find it impossible to pick. Are you talking about a physical god that is made of matter? or a spiritual god that can only be found in prayer? Perhaps god is simply an Idea that someone came up with the help guide people to do good deeds. I dont know, but I think about that every single day.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    People generally don't assign the role of Prime Mover and/or Source of Reality to the Easter Bunny... just the role of Prime Candy Deliverer.

IOW, who cares if the Easter Bunny exists?
    The fact that a lot of people believe in something is not in itself a reason to believe they are right. If there is no more reason to believe in the existence of one phenomenon than another, why single it out for special ontological treatment?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    The fact that a lot of people believe in something is not in itself a reason to believe they are right. If there is no more reason to believe in the existence of one phenomenon than another, why single it out for special ontological treatment?
    Actually, there's far more reason to believe in God, from various POVs, than in the Easter Bunny. Nuance, dear.

I'm thinking the study of deity and why people believe in it (or not) is far more helpful to growth of individuals and humanity regardless of what is true, than evaluation of Santa or Easter Bunnies. The question of "God" is far more relevant.

It's just that in the end, you can't prove either to be true.

But that's all I'm gonna say about it. It's the Ni's thread anyhoo, so...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Sniffles

Hence why Kierkegaard remarked that discussions about God's existence make for great comedy.

Actually, there's far more reason to believe in God, from various POVs, than in the Easter Bunny. Nuance, dear.

I'm thinking the study of deity and why people believe in it (or not) is far more helpful to growth of individuals and humanity regardless of what is true, than evaluation of Santa or Easter Bunnies. The question of "God" is far more relevant.

It's just that in the end, you can't prove either to be true.

But that's all I'm gonna say about it. It's the Ni's thread anyhoo, so...
    Say what you want. That's how Ni learns .
    You give Ni an appetizer, but no main course .

Sniffles

Here, for those interested:
    [youtube="EPnfDgNy1dU"]St. Thomas Aquinas[/youtube]

And
    [youtube="IYPTLooJRbQ"]Intro to Metaphysics[/youtube]

This should help get the brain cells working.

MBTI
    INTJ

I love the irony of the Ti user telling the Te user not to focus on what's true but on what's relevant.

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKt9EgENzGI"]Albert Einstein on God[/YOUTUBE]

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

The fact that a lot of people believe in something is not in itself a reason to believe they are right.
    Obviously.

That's not what anyone is saying.

If there is no more reason to believe in the existence of one phenomenon than another, why single it out for special ontological treatment?
    A large part of wisdom and intelligence lies in being able to accurately judge the probabilities of these kinds of possibilities, and, to be honest, the fact that you're trying to argue that the existence of the Easter Bunny has the same probability as the existence of God is starting to make it look like you don't have much of either...