User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ni Dom Users: Which best describes your beliefs about God?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ: I believe there is a God

8 14.29%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a >50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

1 1.79%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a 50-50 chance that some kind of Divinity exists

3 5.36%
  • INTJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

5 8.93%
  • INTJ: I believe there is no God

15 26.79%
  • INFJ: I believe there is a God

9 16.07%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a >50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

2 3.57%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a 50-50 chance that some kind of Divinity exists

4 7.14%
  • INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists

5 8.93%
  • INFJ: I believe there is no God

4 7.14%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think that's because most reasonable, open-minded people are able to distinguish possible realities from obvious fictions...
    Do you really!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I just don't think most people deserve either one of those descriptions.

Ginkgo

I use people of Ni dominant orientation. So I voted "INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists". Until a supreme being directly addresses me and proves itself to me, then there is no reason to live my life in accordance with religious dogma or even loose spirituality. I think the human urge to identify our "Creator" probably stems from our innate human urge to identify our parents. This is why we automatically anthropomorphize the cause of the universe as a conscious entity similar to us. And so, we strive to embody this entity, and we try to become paragons among men. Perhaps orcas attribute existence to a giant, omnipotent orca. But the term "god" is so ambiguous that I don't even know how to address the issue. Anyhow, it is a symbol of self-awareness. We are gods, psychologically speaking. Empirically speaking, we are mad animals searching for sustenance.
    Last edited by Ginkgo; 04-05-2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: We are gods

MBTI
    INTJ

Goddamn poll choices. I voted agnostic + less than 50% chance of a God. I was looking for some option that expressed what is basically a disinterest in God as a likely, or even unlikely, entity. This is not a particularly well-thought out position, I just haven't found it necessary to give--well, actually any thought to God.

I have in my life cherry picked some religious notions for entertainment however, notably the power of God as a creator. I don't hold onto it as a religious notion, more just because it has something about the concept of power. For instance, there would be included the idea that were a creator all-powerful, then that creator would be constrained. It's a puzzling notion, just an intuition, something about the idea that true creation creates a thing that functions on its own. (Needless to say I am importing all sorts of hidden details and haven't even expressed the concept right anyway.)

Anyone ever watch Millenium? In one episode Frank meets a young man who is very probably an angel incarnate. Earlier the kid had done some things that meant Frank's family would be safe, so Frank wanted to say thankyou, but the angel didn't know what Frank was talking about. "There isn't that kind of action," sez the kid. Neato.

*worries* Am I going to Hell now?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

That was an interesting show.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    I use people of Ni dominant orientation. So I voted "INFJ: I am agnostic, but believe there's a <50% chance that some kind of Divinity exists".
    You "use" people of Ni dominant orientation?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You "use" people of Ni dominant orientation?

LOOK AT THE TITLE!

Shoulda been Dominant Ni Users.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Typhoon View Post
    LOOK AT THE TITLE!

Ginkgo

Are you thinking that Ni is more in tune with the subconscious, thus more aware of the spiritual facets of life? I think this is leaning toward Folk Typology.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

*worries* Am I going to Hell now?
    Yes, because you should be reprimanded for being in the way of your environment and the information that you're exposed to. It's just what an all encompassing god would do; fair and square. You should have known better. You should have persuaded a nice militant Christian family to adopt you as a child. You should have also demanded that God give you heritable genetic characteristics that would increase your likelihood of believing in him in the void before your birth.

Nevermind me I'm just bitter.