User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Do you relate

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

@ lux to Ramona!

and your rep drove me to re-read To Kill a Mockingbird over the past few days
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ

I relate to some and others not.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I relate to some and others not.
    I could say that about anyone I met on the street.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    And if i met you on the street, i would be taking you to the nearest bar
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    To others on the forum of the same type?
    If you mean "people who think like I do", or "say what I would say", yes and no. There are quite a few people here of my type, so it's not a big surprise that I relate to some and not others... but overall, I tend to relate to folks whose type is relatively similar to mine (not necessarily the same), who are of my general age and position in life. Of course that includes INTP's and INFP's, but I'm much more likely to relate to someone who's an INTJ/INFJ/ENTP/ISTP, etc. who's in their 30's than most of the younger folks, regardless of type (even the INTP's and INFP's). Not because I don't like them, but because there aren't as many shared experiences.

So type is a factor... but I'd not say it's the major one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    To others on the forum of the same type?

Why or why not?
    For me: I tend to 'relate' to almost any well-thought-out, calm, reasonable response. Don't relate as much to people just joking around, 1-liners, or emotionally laden responses. But, ya know, I tend to be a serious person.

I relate very much to some INFJ's, and very little to other INFJ's. I often find myself nodding in agreement to the intellectual 'arguments'/reasonings of IxTP's (and a few ExTP's), and to some NTJ's.

Also, to tie into what kelric ^^ said - I think where one's at in life, and life experience, can have more of a bearing on how you relate to them than type. Wisdom & balance tends to accumulate with age too.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I relate to people of my enneagram type over my MBTI type. I'll relate waay more to an ISTP 9w8 than I will to an ISFP 4w3.
    You jerk .

No, but I actually agree. Several of the ISFP's that actually post often are male and 9w8's. I admire them, but I don't know if I relate completely. I can't really say I've had any real in depth conversation with any ISFP's other than Blackcat. Even then, our variants come into play as well.

Interestingly enough, out of the whole SP group, I relate to ESTPs most. A lot of the times they're saying what I'm thinking when it comes to issues that need to be spoken up about.

I'm not really sure. I can relate to anyone when I take the time to listen and engulf in others' lives. Type really isn't an indicator to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    OK, i'll expand on it. There are some aspects of the ESFJ that i relate to and those who are that type on this site, i wish i could be more like them .. But at the same time, they are too nice .. I don't do Fe contrary to belief .. i do Fi.

No-one quite understand me when i say, i am not an ESFJ even though i seem to be typed as this .. I can't keep taking the test as i know i can influence it .. That is not true objectivity so i will not get an accurate reading.

*Rant over*
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I relate to a lot of people on here more or less. NFs SJs...NTs and SPs to a lesser extent, though. I notice this trend particularly in real time (Vent, etc.)

And then there is always the strange case of INFJs. For a while, you relate awesomefully (yes, I know that isn't a word - I invented it) and then all of a sudden you hit this road block where you're like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH and just wanna scream.

My husband is the big exception, though. He's INtP with almost equal amounts of Ti and Fi, and we get along like nobody's business - we are really soul and mind mates.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I can relate to some NTPs as if they have stepped inside my head and stolen my words from my mind, goddarn mindthieves! :steam: And whatever type whatever is.