User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default Describe ENFP men

If you are an ENFP man, describe yourself. If you know an ENFP man, describe him.

It has come to my attention ever since I got to know about typology that I definitely am very different than the typical ENFP and typical ENFP man too, if I were to say...

First of all are they friendly? Are they nice? Do they curse a lot? Are they fond of dirty and even infantile humor? Do they treat women differently than they do men? etc

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I have one cousin who is drop dead funny. Always smiling and bringing in the sunshine. He will talk to anyone and everyone he meets. Everyone loves him. Grandmothers are always pushing their granddaughters in his direction.

He is also quite masculine in the traditional sense, although he's really into babies and relationships. I think he's wanted a baby since he was like 5. He is a detective in the NYPD and has always been able to hold his own, but he's always been more of a "lover" than a fighter. When my other knucklehead cousins were playfighting and boxing in the yard, he was chasing skirts or listening to music. While the other guys were playing football, he was sitting under the tree with his guitar.

And he's got such a boyish charm that girls are always surrounding him. I think all of his major relationships have been with older women who have made the first move. They just love him.

But out of all the cousins, he's the only one of us who goes to church every week and doesn't curse or drink. He's super intelligent and is not at all whiny or easily provoked. But he does have a temper. It's quick but it always blows over very quickly, too. He hardly expresses his anger because he doesn't want to alienate anyone - he normally goes off by himself to lick his wounds in private. Maybe he'll call me or another one of his close cousins and complain but he won't say anything directly to the offender unless it's really at a boiling point. In which case, watch out. He can be pretty mean. But like I said, he cools off quickly.

He's really into his own independence. He would *never* cheat on his girl, but he's broken up with her a few times because she doesn't have her own life outside of the relationship. It's very important for him to be able to maintain some semblance of the life he had before he met her. Hanging with us cousins without her at his side is important to him. He needs a lot of alone time.

And yes, he treats women differently than men. I said he was masculine in the traditional sense, meaning holding doors open and always paying and stuff like that. He would never dream of "allowing" one of us girls to lift even 5 pounds in his presence.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i would say the ENFP men i can think of are usually friendly, but not always extremely outgoing.

some seem to have a bit of a nervous tendency. i think the ENFP energy level is rather high whether it is expressed outwardly or not.

they're all fairly talkative. animated, with good senses of humor.

ENFP men curse less than i do, probably... but i don't think using vulgarity necessarily has any connection to type.

are quite considerate, or at least thoughtful , i think. opinionated, but not terribly rude or pretentious about it.

ENFP men seem to treat women with a bit of a gentlemanly, old fashioned sort of air.

ENFP humor is quite irreverent... i would say it's zany. but i hate the word "zany"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my father was masculine but very gentle and charming. people treated him like he was a rock star or something. everyone felt special to be around him. he was very spiritual...extremely intelligent and witty. also crass and had a twisted sense of humor. also a very quick temper...never watched his words. you always knew exactly how he felt about everything. he was blunt and extremely honest. i think he loved the camaraderie between men but if i had to guess he seemed to view women as beautiful sacred beings....that he felt deserved the highest respect...he thought there was nothing more beautiful than a mothers way of being nurturing to her children...he was a very playful and silly father...loved to make up fantastical stories and create magical worlds for us to play in. he could be very dramatic...he was often in his own world...he may have been a lil nuts...he was very trusting and extremely non judgmental...my mother told me stories about him befriending odd characters...like hey i just met the coolest guy i thought i'd let him live with us until he gets his life sorted out. he just got out of jail and has nowhere to go...my mother would say...um...nice is he? whyyyyy? was he in jail then? haha

i'm rambling...anyway..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP

Funny, friendly, and personable. Knows when to leave you alone. I get along very well w/ my ENFP cousin.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I can only use one male as an example.
    To start with your questions:
    Friendly- yes.
    Nice- typically.
    Curses a good amount, but doesn't affect his ability to be well-spoken.
    Fond of dirty and infantile humor, but appreciates intelligent humor (and other types).
    Treats both with respect and a playful opposition, but a different playfulness.

Beyond that, the word i would use to describe him is eccentric. He seems to have a vocabulary of his own and a way of saying things that is completely unique to anyone else (in speech or text).
    Tends to not be on time or precise and wings things, but is confident in almost any action he takes. Not easily frazzled by being deterred or taking another route on something.
    Soaks up information like a sponge, but processes it/shares it with additional theories or possibilities. Information isn't just left as is.
    May know what people should do, but will be understanding and desire them to do as they please. He doesn't like to directly influence someone to make a choice, even if he feels it right.
    Is consistently indirect about feelings, even with himself. He tends to mask feelings with possibilities and being his own indirect-direct influence. He tries to steamroll through issues and rarely externalizes them. If he does externalize, it is cryptic.
    Has a stronger desire for things that challenge him. I've thought of him, at times, as someone who wants what doesn't want him. Any other reason can seem irrelevant, but it's the principle of it.

Basically, a very complicated person who doesn't outwardly appear complicated at all. Easily overlooked. Uninhibited and spontaneous. A breath of fresh air to have a discussion or just joke with.
    Honestly, one of my favorite people out of everyone i've ever known.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

garbage

whatup

I'm always hesitant to describe what I think are my good qualities. Some of this stuff is kind of rehashing what other people here have said, because it resonated with me

I've got an irrelevant sense of humor, which tends to come across online (say, Facebook) better than in 'real life'. I love when people 'get' it, either online or in real life.

I used to have anxiety issues, but I don't really get anxious about anything at all anymore.

I can be a pretty dynamic speaker, and when I'm around a small group, I'm pretty animated and I gesticulate a lot.

I talk about others' problems with them at length and do pretty much whatever I can for them, but I have issues reaching out and asking for help myself. I feel the need to be self-sufficient and completely capable by myself. So, when I'm contained and 'objective-thinking', you can bet that there's probably something going on that I'm not letting on, because that means that I've at least somewhat detached from the situation.

I don't do the whole 'codependency' thing, and I've got no patience for people-drama and perpetual bad decision-making.

I alternate between 'spontaneous and bubbly and fun and caring' and 'analytical and objective and forward-thinking'. My actions, manner of speech, decisions, and desire to be around other people end up depending on which mode I'm in.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

the one I know...

athletic
    charming
    sexy
    has trust worthy eyes
    every girl is in love with him
    outgoing and hilarious
    hard to really get to know
    spontaneous
    fickle
    independent
    loyal but unreliable

did I mention he's gorgeous?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

8 - Enneagram Type Eight: The Challenger

you're just a type 8 enfp.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Friendly, always smiling, nice, understanding, tries to be funny, never curses, treats both men and women equally. His wife is his boss but he has 2 wives.

Sometimes controlling and displaying negativity when opposed.(Te probably)