INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

i knew him as my friend's friend

very charming
    very talkative and bubbly
    in a table full of introverts, he talked the whole time and guided conversation, it was hilarious
    lots and lots of friends
    intelligent
    liked to provoke people in a silly, joking, curious way
    seemed like he was psychoanalyzing everyone - as i do when i pay attention
    he was a hottie by common standards, but that's not really an enfp thing, just lucky genes, hahaha, but his natural charisma helped

I know several:

1. Around 33-very emotional, prone to depression, very sweet, plays in a band. easy to hurt emotionally. I'd say very NeFi heavy.

2. Around 45- Loud, lots of hand gestures, very expressive facial movements. Can be really blunt and pointed in spoken and verbal communications. Very dedicated to quality-not in the generic sense but the real sense. electrical engineer. Reasonably clever but makes big jumps and doesnt care about details. Smiles a lot, initially a bit dismissive of women until they prove themselves. Seems to really love his kids and really cares about his group. A bit hyper active and spastic. I'd say NeTe. Good leader.

3. 45 yo executive-Nice. This is how he is described. Nice. Almost invisibly so. Especially in groups. Only after a few one on one meetings did I see the facial expressions and hand gestures begin to show through more. Very caring and exceptionally perceptive towards other enfps behavior. He picks up on the meta trends. Very caring of the group, but in an organizational sense, not an individual sense. But Nice. But invisible. a quiet leader, very behind the scenes, but he makes moves noone knows about that have large impacts.

4. 40 yo-Can seem very serious, very focused, a bit blunt. Hangs with an INTJ. He calls himself the INTJ's conscience. But he has smiles in his eyes. If I can distract him, we have started plans for building a moat around our office building for the boats we plan to escape on. In the moat. On our boats. In our moats. *snicker, snicker, we are so stupid* NeTe mostly, but quite calm and focused, but really devoted to his family.

5. 50 yo-This guy was the first enfp man I ever met. He terrified me. I couldnt understand why he seemed so evil. He had the excessive facial gestures, the movements. He used NeFi mostly-but he used it very manipulatively. Very little Te. His ideas were stupid. it was very strange-people couldnt predict what he would do, yet he seemed so very nice. So very nice, so openly expressive, so engagingly kind-nice-evil-wierd. His voice was so modulated, so comforting, yet you knew he had plans in place and that he wasnt sincere, you were just a cog in some scheme-but not a well mapped out Te scheme that was productive or idealistic or well meaning. I found him to be revolting and terrifying at the same time. He didnt seem at all hyperactive, very calm, yet very over expressive facial features. Fucking creepy. Loved his daughter very much... eventually divorced his wife.....yeah.... This was an evil enfp. like slime.

6. 35 yo-total emo space cadet. Out to lunch total Fi emo spew factory but super creative and funny. Hates kids and will emo spew for 20 minutes stretches if you let him. But really funny, very weird and eccentric, graphic artist. Hysterically fun guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    First of all are they friendly? Are they nice? Do they curse a lot? Are they fond of dirty and even infantile humor? Do they treat women differently than they do men? etc
    I got called the smiley teacher by some of my students. I always think I'm a bit too blunt and distracted, but I must come off as friendly.

I remember being told I'm a "nice person". I think I was insulted at the time though. There are so many words out there to describe a person and I was annoyed that my overriding feature was nice. I felt like a simpleton or charity case.

I hardly ever curse. Actually I don't like to swear unless it has a tactful purpose. I do swear but I try to use it well.

Very fond of infantile humour. Humour that is pointlessly dirty doesn't interest me that much. I love humour that is blatantly inappropriate, politically incorrect, or in some other way insulting to the conservative normality of the world. eg. Taking a sensitive issue that people are tiptoeing around and walking over every line.

I might be a little more flirty with women. Though I do it out of silliness with guys too. I hold doors for anyone. I say a friendly hello to anyone. I show personal respect with anyone. I have deep conversations with anyone. I'm honest with anyone. I have close friendships with both sexes.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    I know several:

1. Around 33-very emotional, prone to depression, very sweet, plays in a band. easy to hurt emotionally. I'd say very NeFi heavy.

2. Around 45- Loud, lots of hand gestures, very expressive facial movements. Can be really blunt and pointed in spoken and verbal communications. Very dedicated to quality-not in the generic sense but the real sense. electrical engineer. Reasonably clever but makes big jumps and doesnt care about details. Smiles a lot, initially a bit dismissive of women until they prove themselves. Seems to really love his kids and really cares about his group. A bit hyper active and spastic. I'd say NeTe. Good leader.

3. 45 yo executive-Nice. This is how he is described. Nice. Almost invisibly so. Especially in groups. Only after a few one on one meetings did I see the facial expressions and hand gestures begin to show through more. Very caring and exceptionally perceptive towards other enfps behavior. He picks up on the meta trends. Very caring of the group, but in an organizational sense, not an individual sense. But Nice. But invisible. a quiet leader, very behind the scenes, but he makes moves noone knows about that have large impacts.

4. 40 yo-Can seem very serious, very focused, a bit blunt. Hangs with an INTJ. He calls himself the INTJ's conscience. But he has smiles in his eyes. If I can distract him, we have started plans for building a moat around our office building for the boats we plan to escape on. In the moat. On our boats. In our moats. *snicker, snicker, we are so stupid* NeTe mostly, but quite calm and focused, but really devoted to his family.

5. 50 yo-This guy was the first enfp man I ever met. He terrified me. I couldnt understand why he seemed so evil. He had the excessive facial gestures, the movements. He used NeFi mostly-but he used it very manipulatively. Very little Te. His ideas were stupid. it was very strange-people couldnt predict what he would do, yet he seemed so very nice. So very nice, so openly expressive, so engagingly kind-nice-evil-wierd. His voice was so modulated, so comforting, yet you knew he had plans in place and that he wasnt sincere, you were just a cog in some scheme-but not a well mapped out Te scheme that was productive or idealistic or well meaning. I found him to be revolting and terrifying at the same time. He didnt seem at all hyperactive, very calm, yet very over expressive facial features. Fucking creepy. Loved his daughter very much... eventually divorced his wife.....yeah.... This was an evil enfp. like slime.

6. 35 yo-total emo space cadet. Out to lunch total Fi emo spew factory but super creative and funny. Hates kids and will emo spew for 20 minutes stretches if you let him. But really funny, very weird and eccentric, graphic artist. Hysterically fun guy.
    omg hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I got called the smiley teacher by some of my students. I always think I'm a bit too blunt and distracted, but I must come off as friendly.

I remember being told I'm a "nice person". I think I was insulted at the time though. There are so many words out there to describe a person and I was annoyed that my overriding feature was nice. I felt like a simpleton or charity case.

I hardly ever curse. Actually I don't like to swear unless it has a tactful purpose. I do swear but I try to use it well.

Very fond of infantile humour. Humour that is pointlessly dirty doesn't interest me that much. I love humour that is blatantly inappropriate, politically incorrect, or in some other way insulting to the conservative normality of the world. eg. Taking a sensitive issue that people are tiptoeing around and walking over every line.

I might be a little more flirty with women. Though I do it out of silliness with guys too. I hold doors for anyone. I say a friendly hello to anyone. I show personal respect with anyone. I have deep conversations with anyone. I'm honest with anyone. I have close friendships with both sexes.
    ha! i hate being called nice too...this is funny. these posts are interesting/entertaining.
    Last edited by Lady_X; 04-04-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I know one male ExFP:

- Always happy
    - Makes the exact same jokes as me
    - Is together with his girlfriend (ExFx) for a long, long time
    - Hyperactive
    - Really charming, can make me forgive anything (there aren't many people who can do that)
    - Makes strange, humoristic comments all the time
    - Can't shut up
    - Nice to almost anyone
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I think all of his major relationships have been with older women who have made the first move.
    This happens to me too, the part about older women making the first move. I usually get along well with / am attracted to women who single me out. When I single someone out and pursue them, things tend to be pretty hit-or-miss.

Generally, I am fairly reserved, though I will call people out and speak up about my concerns. I am content to float along in group conversation and not say too much (unless I am leading the conversation), though I get very talkative and involved if I find the subject interesting. I am not the 'life of the party'. When things start to rage towards the end of the night, I come into my element a bit more and participate in and sometimes initiate antics.

If I like someone I will go to great lengths to assist them with favors and they do the same for me. This is probably related to the 'rock star treatment' that LadyX was talking about.

I have minor issues with anxiety and paranoia.

I rarely/never back down, even if I can see that I am going to go down in flames.

I am, possibly superficially, a 'nice guy'. I am very comfortable with listening more than I speak, and this probably adds to the niceguy vibe quite a bit. Plus, it can take me a while to assemble my thoughts, and people either do not have patience to understand me or they move on conversationally before I am ready to, usually killing the conversation. I go out of my way (but not to the extent of an introvert) to be subtle and low-profile in common settings. More exotic settings, all bets are off. I find it difficult to make smalltalk, unless I am talking to NPs or SPs.

I think average first impression I appear to not have a lot going on and kinda lost.

I do not think I treat women any differently than men, though perhaps I should start.

I curse whenever it comes to mind.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    This happens to me too, the part about older women making the first move. I usually get along well with / am attracted to women who single me out. When I single someone out and pursue them, things tend to be pretty hit-or-miss.
    +5 to that

hahaha, I had no idea that this was an ENFP dude "thing"

older women are my.. .. kryptonite, or something

whatever a good analogy would be

ThatGirl

[YOUTUBE="PsO6ZnUZI0g"]ENFP Male[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    +5 to that

hahaha, I had no idea that this was an ENFP dude "thing"

older women are my.. .. kryptonite, or something

whatever a good analogy would be
    + another 5

Didn't know this was a type trait.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ

I only know one, and he is not healthy. He is extremely insecure and extremely chameleon like, he is a different person to everyone. He talks shit about everyone behind thier backs but at the same time he is the type of guy who will be hitting on your girlfriend when you're not looking or if he thinks he can get away with it but be your best friend when you need him.

We have had a bit of a falling out lately, well by that I mean I have placed him outside of my walls because he has demonstrated time and time again weasel like qualities and insincerity in his relationships with the people around him. This makes him dangerous in my opinion and I dont want to be around him.

This might be what an unhealthy ENFP is like... he is very VERY charming up front though, very funny and very warm, he likes to listen to people and likes to act all wild and crazy and make people laugh and look at him, but at the same time he uses those gifts to divide and conquor people around him. He has swallowed a lot of shitty corporate dogma, he lovvvvves corporate, he moved to NY so he could be Mr. New York. He is very driven by what people think of him.
    Ground control to Major Tom