User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Veteran members and type

I've always typed as ENTP since I've been here, but I don't post as much as I used to. Perhaps one reason many "veterans" change their type is that most people who know their type have moved on to something else. Many of the ones who are unsure stay here and become "veteran" members.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

It gets boring being the same type the whole time, so people change it for amusement.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

Mine has always been what it is...
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

A Good Place to Begin

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I suggest you continue to be you, Victor. I think you are better represented by not claiming a type.

My desire is to know people on a deeper level, to understand who they really are, I've found MBTI is a tool that I can use to stop making presumptions that everyone views the world as I do, that they think like I do or desire the same things, in order to understand someone you need to be open to seeing them, if I didn't know that people could see things differently then I'd never be open to seeing who they truly are.

Understanding MBTI has been a journey of sorts for me Victor, I accept that you don't like the system and see it as a detrimental thing however I have learnt a hell of a lot about myself through this process, and still am, the application of some leaves a lot to be desired but why should misuse and misunderstanding of a system condemn it when it has helped me greatly both in understanding myself and being more open to understanding others.

And I can't offer you a path when I'm still trying to find my own.
    It's plain MBTI is a good place to start. This site is well run and tolerant. And we have new members joining every day. And as well we have a core of long term members who give stability.

However MBTI is part of Psychometrics it is may lead to us picking up a book and Psychometrics.

And Psychometrics is part of the Philosophy of Science and so it may lead us to pick up a book on the Philosophy of Science.

And the Philosophy of Science is part of the History of Ideas and so may lead us to pick up a book on the History of Ideas.

The intellectual life is very exciting and a good place to begin is MBTI.

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar

Been here for a while, was brought here due to my knowledge of being an ENFP, and have NEVER doubted my type.

In fact, the most credence I give to typological theory is the fact that I identify to a scary degree with the ENFP profile.

I also fully understand that not everyone fits perfectly into one of the 16 archetypes, in fact, most don't.

I happen to be an ENFP through and through.

The end.

'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I've been an INFP for ~12 years. Before I'd heard of MBTI, I took a test from a professor credentialed in MBTI and tested INFP. Been feelin' FiNe ever since...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"

6w5 sx/sp
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I would love to see Solitary Walker change his type to INTJ. There is a INTP central thread arguing on his type.

INTP Central
    I don't think he is an INTJ.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639