User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Default Hallucinations...

so yeah maybe this is normal or maybe i'm a little bit nuts but...

have you ever experienced auditory hallucinations?

unfortunately mine are not very interesting but i occasionally hear what i can only assume is like sound memory...like when i go to sleep i lie in my bed and think i hear the tv on in the other room. it's usually like a late night talk show like letterman or something. with monologue and laughter and sometimes i hear music...like it's in the other room and it's usually classical or heavy metal for some reason haha

and then last night before going to bed i was outside kinda looking at the sky and the moon was big and surrounded by fast moving clouds framed by tall pine trees blowing in the wind.

i went to bed and closed my eyes and all i could see was that. plain as i saw it outside except in much closer focus...the trees blowing in the wind and the clouds moving like smoke and it tripped me out because i couldn't make it go away and it pissed me off because i was tryin to sleep.

so...nuts? kinda? or...is it just some odd memory thing that a lot of people experience?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

I side-effect of all the ENFPs' acid intake.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

why was my first thought when I saw the title "well... there's that time back in college when I tried out acid... I ended up sitting in the corner and weeping uncontrollably for 3 hours because I thought I was a hologram... I decided that I didn't really like acid that much "

otherwise, I have the odd tendancy sometimes of clearly feeling textures that I know and am aware of (like someone's skin texture, or the feel of grass) when not touching them or even necissarily concentrating on the thought of them... odd, but I also have a very active sensory imagination, which might have something to do with that!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i side effect? presumptuous bastard! haha no really...that's your honest opinion?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I sometimes hear things or see things that have left really strong sense impressions.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Well I was just throwing it out there, but yes I do think that acid and other drugs can mold your brain to produce weird effects sometimes.

Which doesn't mean those some effects can't be cause by natural happenings inside the brain. An ENFPs imagination will always be different from that of an ISTP etc etc

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I used to have a fan that made me hear music, like a radio was on in the next room. There was something about the white noise that came out of that thing that made me hear an orchestra.
    And I loved it. It was very soothing to me.
    I wish I still had it...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think I know what you mean Lady X. Sometimes I'll hear people call my name and things like that, but rarely.

Not sure if that is a true auditory hallucination or what. How long do yours last? If you're hearing things that last more than an instant than something might be wrong...lol

MBTI
    ISFJ

Just to add, I have had times where I thought I could hear something, and it's usually very low volume and it's usually some music theme I've heard before.

It's also a misinterpretation of another sound I'm hearing that my brain processes as something it's not.

Kinda like seeing a rock in the shape of a man, amidst the fog, in the distance. It's not actually a man. It looks nothing like a man when you take a closer look at it. But your brain made an approximation to something that you have experienced before. That's just how your brain processes stuff.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I used to have a fan that made me hear music, like a radio was on in the next room. There was something about the white noise that came out of that thing that made me hear an orchestra.
    And I loved it. It was very soothing to me.
    I wish I still had it...
    i think it probably was the fan. haven't heard it in my new place w/o one in my room.
    -Jim Morrison