User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Is skitsofrenia one of those things where what you fear, want, or expect is what you actually see? Why was he seeing demons?
    Hmmm. . . good question, may be it was because we were sitting in church at the time? I don't know that much about it, really. I have two friends who are schizophrenic but I've never really talked to them about it.

What I know about it pretty much came from the movie A Beautiful Mind.

PS Your avatar makes me want to have a hug.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

No, auditory illusions are normal. I have them often when Im too stressed out: I can hear the phone or doorbell ringing, or people calling me when they are not.

They are just a sign that I need to relax.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Auditory hallucinations can be a symptom of schizophrenia, but there are many causes of them I am sure.

I have had visual hallucinations before of a few different varieties.

The most common are when I am really focused on things for hours and out of nowhere my eyes catch a glimpse of something obscure. Sometimes this also happens via peripheral vision, it actually happened today in my den as I was studying.

Are you sure it wasn't RFI? (Radio Frequency Interference)

I had a pair of speakers once that picked up the frequency of a radio station and when the speakers had no direct signal from the receiver, I would hear very faint classical music, as you did with that fan. Alot of devices pick up RFI.
    That's interesting. Maybe it was, except the fan had plastic blades, so what would be conducting or receiving the radio waves?
    Now that I think about it, the music I would hear from the fan was always similar to whatever I had listened to last; hence my 'auditory Rochak test' hypothosis.
    Damn, I can't type (on a keyboard!) worth a shit today. I'm outta here.
    Good day, Sir!

MBTI
    IsTP

I don't think it's anything to be worried about. I *always* get phantom phone vibrates in my pocket. It feels like my phone is going off so I pull it out... but then nothing! Also my blackberry has a red light in its upper right corner that flashes when you've missed a call/go a text/etc, I always see it go off in the corner of my eye, I just think it is mental conditioning to what I normally look for.

On a side note my older brother has some sort of mental affliction. It started out with actual voices talking to him on his CB radio at work. I wish I knew more about it but he he doesn't like to speak about it, and recently he's been what we are guessing is being manic, he's been acting very bizarre, and refuses to go to any sort of treatment or take any sort of drug, and barely says anything to anybody. I'm guessing schizophrenic, but I'm no professional and I don't believe in self-diagnosis.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

It was all kinda fun and dandy. A little noise here, little chuckle there. The neighborhood had a friendly shine to it and when I waived my hand to shoo a butterfly it was like tracing through water. Simply remarkable.

That was until Zortog came.

First it was just feral cats then neighborhood pets. You see Zortog is from the planet Shimsham. He likes to ask. Things. Its just so compelling. At first I thought the request to fill out the application at the post office was a reasonable one until...the FUCKEN WAITING PERIOD FOR THE ASSAULT RIFFLE IS ABOUT TO RUN...AND WITH A FUCKEN MCDONALD'S JUST ACROSS THE STREET!!!!

Just kidding I beat Zortog years ago

Whats that

Do you hear that

a tap tap tapping

The beating is getting louder cant you all HEAR IT!

NO ZORTOG! NO!!!!!

Let me double ditto my disclaimer to avoid Tarasoft responses
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    This just reminded me of a schizophrenic friend of mine. We were having a deep conversation which he kept distracting from because he kept suddenly looking over my right shoulder. After the second or third time I paused and looked behind me, he reassured me, "It's nothing, I just keep getting distracted by the demons flying around behind you." I'm glad I knew he was schizophrenic! Otherwise I might have been a bit weirded out!
    Sounds like his medication needs to be adjusted. He shouldn't be having those sorts of delusions if they're working correctly. :\

It's amazing how the brain can influence us in such startling ways. Our relationship with it as the driver of our bodies and our thought processes is so constant, we don't realize it until someone displays an anomaly. Just shows you how complex the chemicals in our body really are.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    On a side note my older brother has some sort of mental affliction. It started out with actual voices talking to him on his CB radio at work. I wish I knew more about it but he he doesn't like to speak about it, and recently he's been what we are guessing is being manic, he's been acting very bizarre, and refuses to go to any sort of treatment or take any sort of drug, and barely says anything to anybody. I'm guessing schizophrenic, but I'm no professional and I don't believe in self-diagnosis.
    It's important to know if you have a family history of mental disturbances - that could tell you a lot about what your brother might be struggling with. I know you said you don't believe in self diagnosis, but it's a healthy and informative thing to dig deeper, do some reading, see if you can ballpark it, because being armed with information is actually a plus, when dealing with doctors is the next step. One side of my family has a documented history of mental illness, going back hundreds of years, so when it manifested in one of my relatives, we knew what the culprit might be.