User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I hear whispers from time to time - only usually when I'm idle.

Could this be an effect of having a lot of Ne? You are so used to using it to shape sensory intake to give it structure and connections-thus you are introducing structure into random noise even though there really is no pattern there.

I will do this sometimes I notice with sounds. When very small-maybe 3 or 4-I would scare myself as I would think someone was whispering my name when I would lay down to sleep for naps. I thought they were a ghost. I remember distinctly rationalizing that away as being the air conditioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I hear whispers from time to time - only usually when I'm idle.

Well, you know what they say: The devil will find work for idle hands to do . . .

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I used to have a fan that made me hear music, like a radio was on in the next room. There was something about the white noise that came out of that thing that made me hear an orchestra.
    And I loved it. It was very soothing to me.
    I wish I still had it...
    My air filter does the same thing. It sounds like a radio playing in another room, or sometimes like a tv on downstairs. When I first started using it, I must have sat up in bed a half dozen times, trying to figure out what was causing the noise. Not that it was an unpleasant sound, but I felt like I was going a little wonky. lol

Lady X - I hear sounds/noises sometimes - I think it must be some strong sensory imprint from another time of the day. It makes you feel like you might be a bit crazy, but I think it's very common for the human brain to throw little tidbits like that out there to freak us out. Keeps things lively.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    so yeah maybe this is normal or maybe i'm a little bit nuts but...

have you ever experienced auditory hallucinations?

unfortunately mine are not very interesting but i occasionally hear what i can only assume is like sound memory...like when i go to sleep i lie in my bed and think i hear the tv on in the other room.
    Yes, I’ve heard them too (and there’s not a history of skitsofrenia in my family.)Furthermore, the more tired I am, the more often I hear them.

Usually, I hear the voice of my mother saying something along the lines of “Close the door” “It’s Sunday” “-not enough. Please-” Or just the sound of her clearing her thought. Honestly, I know their auditory illusions because they sound like they’re being said right beside my ear.

Another sound I (don’t) hear is the sound of my dog whining or giggling her dog tags (Even before she was put down.)

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

MBTI
    INTJ

As a side note, my personal opinion is that it doesn’t matter how many hallucinations you see/hear/feel as long as you

1. know that they aren’t a part of reality.
    2. Don’t do stupid/dangerous/wicked things based off of them

As long as you follow those two rules, it’s the same thing as not having hallucinations at all.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    so yeah maybe this is normal or maybe i'm a little bit nuts but...

have you ever experienced auditory hallucinations?

unfortunately mine are not very interesting but i occasionally hear what i can only assume is like sound memory...like when i go to sleep i lie in my bed and think i hear the tv on in the other room. it's usually like a late night talk show like letterman or something. with monologue and laughter and sometimes i hear music...like it's in the other room and it's usually classical or heavy metal for some reason haha

and then last night before going to bed i was outside kinda looking at the sky and the moon was big and surrounded by fast moving clouds framed by tall pine trees blowing in the wind.

i went to bed and closed my eyes and all i could see was that. plain as i saw it outside except in much closer focus...the trees blowing in the wind and the clouds moving like smoke and it tripped me out because i couldn't make it go away and it pissed me off because i was tryin to sleep.

so...nuts? kinda? or...is it just some odd memory thing that a lot of people experience?
    I have this all the time. All the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Auditory hallucinations can be a symptom of schizophrenia, but there are many causes of them I am sure.
    Fuck.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Halla is correct. Hallucination is a prime symptom of schizophrenia. Auditory is most common. I suppose, however, that sometimes we all have little things. I've experienced one or two, of someone calling my name. This frightens me, because I seem to be at risk for schizophrenia.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    Halla is correct. Hallucination is a prime symptom of schizophrenia. Auditory is most common. I suppose, however, that sometimes we all have little things. I've experienced one or two, of someone calling my name. This frightens me, because I seem to be at risk for schizophrenia.
    This just reminded me of a schizophrenic friend of mine. We were having a deep conversation which he kept distracting from because he kept suddenly looking over my right shoulder. After the second or third time I paused and looked behind me, he reassured me, "It's nothing, I just keep getting distracted by the demons flying around behind you." I'm glad I knew he was schizophrenic! Otherwise I might have been a bit weirded out!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    This just reminded me of a schizophrenic friend of mine. We were having a deep conversation which he kept distracting from because he kept suddenly looking over my right shoulder. After the second or third time I paused and looked behind me, he reassured me, "It's nothing, I just keep getting distracted by the demons flying around behind you." I'm glad I knew he was schizophrenic! Otherwise I might have been a bit weirded out!
    Is skitsofrenia one of those things where what you fear, want, or expect is what you actually see? Why was he seeing demons?