First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    It's normal.
    awesome...whew.

so...is it like just vivid memory you think?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    scanning it now thanks. it is interesting they used the tetris example. i had that experience after playing video games a lot. i don't think that's uncommon at all...but the other experiences aren't necessarily when i'm half asleep either sometimes i'm completely awake....interesting tho, thanks for posting it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

cool link.

i keep sounding like some druggie (haven't done anything for at least a dozen yrs), but i remember it was easy getting into that state much more easily when stoned. people just called it "nodding".

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh i've heard loud bells and humming sounds too!
    THis can be a sign of sinusitis.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

so yeah maybe this is normal or maybe i'm a little bit nuts but...

have you ever experienced auditory hallucinations?

unfortunately mine are not very interesting but i occasionally hear what i can only assume is like sound memory...like when i go to sleep i lie in my bed and think i hear the tv on in the other room. it's usually like a late night talk show like letterman or something. with monologue and laughter and sometimes i hear music...like it's in the other room and it's usually classical or heavy metal for some reason haha

and then last night before going to bed i was outside kinda looking at the sky and the moon was big and surrounded by fast moving clouds framed by tall pine trees blowing in the wind.

i went to bed and closed my eyes and all i could see was that. plain as i saw it outside except in much closer focus...the trees blowing in the wind and the clouds moving like smoke and it tripped me out because i couldn't make it go away and it pissed me off because i was tryin to sleep.

so...nuts? kinda? or...is it just some odd memory thing that a lot of people experience?
    Auditory hallucinations can be a symptom of schizophrenia, but there are many causes of them I am sure.

I have had visual hallucinations before of a few different varieties.

The most common are when I am really focused on things for hours and out of nowhere my eyes catch a glimpse of something obscure. Sometimes this also happens via peripheral vision, it actually happened today in my den as I was studying.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I used to have a fan that made me hear music, like a radio was on in the next room. There was something about the white noise that came out of that thing that made me hear an orchestra.
    And I loved it. It was very soothing to me.
    I wish I still had it...
    Are you sure it wasn't RFI? (Radio Frequency Interference)

I had a pair of speakers once that picked up the frequency of a radio station and when the speakers had no direct signal from the receiver, I would hear very faint classical music, as you did with that fan. Alot of devices pick up RFI.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Auditory hallucinations can be a symptom of schizophrenia, but there are many causes of them I am sure.

I have had visual hallucinations before of a few different varieties.

The most common are when I am really focused on things for hours and out of nowhere my eyes catch a glimpse of something obscure. Sometimes this also happens via peripheral vision, it actually happened today in my den as I was studying.

Are you sure it wasn't RFI? (Radio Frequency Interference)

I had a pair of speakers once that picked up the frequency of a radio station and when the speakers had no direct signal from the receiver, I would hear very faint classical music, as you did with that fan. Alot of devices pick up RFI.
    oh don't say that...i have a crazy irrational fear of becoming insane at some point.

shush don't say that. i wasn't talking to you. don't tell them that. don't laugh at me! haha
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

oh i've heard loud bells and humming sounds too!
    i think its because blood sugar levels dropping down too fast

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

i always hear crazy ****. i swear one night when i was laying in bed the front door of my house smashed open and slammed shut. wheres my bedroom? right fcuking next to the front door of my house. i was scared to death.
    other than that i definatly recall hearing stuff that isnt really there. just little things that are kind of conditioned into my everyday life, and when theyre not there i still assume they are
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    INTJ

I can only remember one instance of hallucinating but it was extremely vivid and realistic. Of course, I was severely sleep deprived for days before that.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume