User Tag List

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default People of value/principle...

1) Have you ever went against your principles or values in life? I'm talking both in the whole picture sense and in the more detailed sense.

I'm specially interested in what ENFPs have to say, but everyone is welcome to contribute.

2) How did you feel about such dishonesty?
    3) Did you ever heal? Did you change to accommodate the precedent you established by doing whatever it was you did?
    4) Do/did you ever have idealistic values that are realistic unsustainable?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    1) Have you ever went against your principles or values in life? I'm talking both in the whole picture sense and in the more detailed sense.

I'm specially interested in what ENFPs have to say, but everyone is welcome to contribute.

3) Did you ever heal? Did you change to accommodate the precedent you established by doing whatever it was you did?
    1) Yes, I've adjusted myself in order to fit into society and appease my relatives. But I've managed to compromise in ways that allow me to deal with the bigger picture. Even though the details are sometimes very different. So whilest I've made compromises. I never went cross against my principles and values.

2) As long as I have a firm grasp on my principles and values, I am fine with some compromise. There are limits as to how far I would go though. And boundaries I would never cross. The extent to which I've adjusted myself to society against my own principles and values has not reached core integrity. My principles and values remain, in the greater sense, untouched. What is more important to me is the fact I don't forget what my principles and values stand for. And not to allow their strength to weaken. Compromises can be made, but a compromise now should never be considered the standard in the future.

3) No need to heal, if nothing was damaged.

4) No. My principles and values are created around my realm of capability. One can not exist without the other. If I was rendered in a state in which I could not sustain my principles and values realistically, I would adjust my principles and values to my new state of being. But, in certain areas, I do have my principles and values reach to the farthest extent of my capability, through both space and time.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Yes. Nothing can really top my inner feelings about things that matter to me and what I value. I do have a sense of the "right" conduct the society expects everybody to conform to but it also goes through my own filters and I have to agree with it in order to adhere to it.

Iíve been lucky in that I have mostly been able to afford walking on my own path and not necessarily adhering to some of the values the society would like to pressure me with if they had the chance. This doesnít mean that I havenít suffered the consequences, most of the time it feels like a constant battle of ďthemĒ versus ďmeĒ.

Mostly I go with my gut feeling, so going against myself and not listening to myself is something that gets me in trouble when I start ignoring it. And yes, thatís what I have done occasionally and keep on doing. The details support the big picture and going against them also shakes all of it.

Letting yourself down by not listening to that "inner voice" that is usually correct is a pretty bitter pill to swallow. The realization of how severe the situation really is only comes afterwards, unfortunately.

I think healing is an ongoing process, constant shedding of skin, so to speak. Change is inevitable and yes, obviously Iíve had to look deeply within myself to find the path Iíve strayed from. But the principles and values I feel I have ingrained within me never change (or so I would like to think, maybe they are constantly changing and Iím only deluding myself), I feel that I must change myself and things around me in order to set things straight again.

No, or at least I donít think so. Dreaming and idealism is nice and all that, but if there is not even the slightest chance of them being realistically sustainable, theyíre just there for entertainment purposes.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Oh right, I answered in the other thread