User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Default It's Ask-A-Girl-To-Prom Season...

And I'm wondering if anybody has any awesome stories of asking girls to prom or being asked. I'm looking to ask an ENFP, and I want to surprise her a bit, so I want to see what everyone else has done and perhaps some more focused advice. But in any case, most of these stories are fun and have points worth considering, so I'd like to hear all of it!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Oh dude, I'm so glad this time is over (high school). Up until the last minute, I didn't even want to go to the prom until I thought, "Wow, if I don't go, I'm going to be the loser who says, 'I didn't go to my prom,' and I don't want to miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime experience." Pfft, I didn't really gain much from it.

So yeah my unconventional thinking led me to think, "Pfft, who needs this crap anyway - all this pomp and circumstance." But at the end of the day, I decided to go. I got all pretty, had no date, and just did some fast dances. It was alright.

I have no advice to offer, though.

Totally awful and organised. And organised not for yourself but for other people. It was simply to impress other people, not least of all one's parents.

You were dressed up like a prize turkey. And that's what you were, a turkey in someone else's parade.

There was no chance at all of getting to know oneself, never mind anyone else.

The cool boys and girls went around the back for a drink and a pash and the inevitable fight.

But the real purpose of the evening was revealed in the picture taking. We all had our picture taken in our finery so we could prove that we were grown up - but in fact we were juveniles being manipulated in someone else's fantasy.

The Prom was a real trap - not to go to the Prom was a failure of nerve, but to go to the Prom was also a failure of nerve.

They had us going and coming.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Do what I did--

Show up at her house at about 2am, stinking of liquid courage, with a bouquet of flowers, wearing nothing but a purple speedo with a large zucchini shoved in it and flip-flops. Knock on the door and ask her to go to the prom.

After being bailed out of county the next day, she'll realize that any guy willing to be locked-up for her and make such a grand romantic, yet highly sexualized, gesture deserves her company at the prom.

Of course there is the whole matter of the protective order and electronic monitoring bracelet-- which is why you want to do this exactly two days before prom, so you can go to prom in between being bailed out and having the court orders take effect.

You're welcome.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Oh dude, I'm so glad this time is over (high school). Up until the last minute, I didn't even want to go to the prom until I thought, "Wow, if I don't go, I'm going to be the loser who says, 'I didn't go to my prom,' and I don't want to miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime experience."

So yeah my unconventional thinking led me to think, "Pfft, who needs this crap anyway - all this pomp and circumstance."

Your decision and mine differed by a metaphorical coin flip, but our mindset was the same.

I sort of regretted not going, but.. not really. That 'regret' kind of tapered off around my sophomore year of college. I know plenty of people who are stuck in the high school mentality and long to go back..

I had some great middle school dances, though. They were my first foray into older women

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The one dance I went to where I wasn't in a relationship [and thus a given I'd go with that person] I got cornered by her friend, and told me that she wouldn't stop bothering me until I said I'd go with her. So I said okay.

But if I were you, I'd just ask. Wait too long and she'll be snatched up. Scavenger hunts [leave notes in her locker, make a trail] are always fun. I've used those for other things before, and they've been a hit.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

i really don't have a romantic story for you but i got asked to prom by this guy i was kind of attracted to, (whom i was not seeing), by text. he just asked me straight out. which i appreciated, and i thought he made it easy for me to respond so i rewarded him by answering yes.

then i made him miserable by not being considerate.
    we were gonna vote for most handsome guy and most pretty girl and those people were gonna make prom king and queen, i guess. so when the question came to us (me and my date) he answer: (my name). and i answered: "my vote is on martin" - which was not his name. i just answer honestly without thinking. anyway, we parted ways after that.

methinks you should just ask straight out, or do some kind of game out of it, if you're pretty sure she'll go with you. like jock said, notes, clues, trails - all fun.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Prom? People go to prom?

To be honest my prom looked a little bit diffrent from classical proms.

Since we broke about 130 glasses, 100 bottles, 50 plates and a few windows. Also there was destroyed furniture and furniture that got damadged by cigarettes. We have submerged the toilet beneath 10 inches of water since it was a lower from the rest of the floor. So it was like a giant bowl.
    Also If I remember correctly someone even punced hotel's doorman because the guy was going in his nerves. Plus a few minor fights due to the alcohol.

So I must admit that my prom was trully a night to remember.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I never went... and I'm glad.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]