Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    And I'm wondering if anybody has any awesome stories of asking girls to prom or being asked. I'm looking to ask an ENFP, and I want to surprise her a bit, so I want to see what everyone else has done and perhaps some more focused advice. But in any case, most of these stories are fun and have points worth considering, so I'd like to hear all of it!
    If you are asking an enfp girl avoid normal or boring. Do something that will mean something to her, find out what rocks her boat and work from there. She probably has some quirky ideas and strong morals, go for peculiar and fun, if thats not too abstract.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I never went... and I'm glad.
    how could you know? and what did you do instead?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

never went, didn't cayuh, still don't. yes

MBTI
    ISTx

Never went and not a care.

Prom is overrated anyways.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Never went and not a care.

Prom is overrated anyways.
    well that's for sure.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

My prom experience is really a cool story. Though I have to admit, it will sound ridiculous to some. But that's fine, because this is how it really happened.
    Never in my life had I ever been asked by a guy to go to a dance or on a date or anything of those sorts, yet I knew at the beginning of the year that someone was going to ask me to go. The thing is, I was home schooled during my senior year and any friends I had had before were all gone so I had no idea who would ask me, but as crazy as it sounds, God promised me that I would get to go with a guy picked out for me.
    So I knew that I would go with a date for the first time.

When January rolled along, we had a new guy start attending my youth group. The first day I saw him, I knew he was the one who was going to take me. I had never seen him before, but I was told he was the one.

I didn't get to talk to him alot because all of the girls in our youth group had huge crushes on him and were always surrounding him, never letting anyone in. So for about two months, I just didn't talk to him.

At the end of march I kept bugging my mom about taking me out to help pick out a prom dress for myself. I had saved up $200 to purchase a dress for myself. So, even though my mom thought it was a bit foolish, she took me out to go get a dress. I ended up finding this amazing dress that was originally $400, but priced down to $80. So I was able to get it and purchase shoes and everything for myself.

Well, I ended up finding the guys myspace (the one who was going to take me) and I added him. He immediately started talking to me over myspace and we ended up getting one anothers number and getting a bit closer.
    Ah, but guess what? He already had a date for prom. Him and his friend decided to go together for the fun of it. It was all fine, because he was coming with me either way. So I played it cool and just waited to see what happened.

Well, at the end of April, him and his friend decided not to go together because they each wanted to go someone else. So at church, he ended up asking me. I remember that he had asked me, and I said yes all cool. He asked me why I wasn't all freaking out and surprised. I just let him know that I already knew he was going to ask me 4 months ago. So it was pretty awesome. Prom was wonderful and we had a great time together. It was exactly how it was promised to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

cool story bro

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I didn't go because my parents forbid it. The evangelical zealots (parents) said people have sex on the dance floor or something like that. I had a date when they told me I couldn't go, too. When I asked her to go, I was pretty straightforward. Anything more would have seemed contrived to me.

I don't regret not going. It's not prom is a life-defining event (for most people).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTP

I went without a date. Terrible idea. You may as well not go at all if you don't have a date.