User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

meetup.com...hmm...you've met friends through there?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

meetup.com clues you into what people are doing and allows people to create events. It's not really directly meant to help meet other people like a dating site might, but, well, the groups/organizations and by extension people in them can be pretty interesting. They provide opportunities to meet good people.

I'll say that I've met many of my friends through organizations and events that'd be posted on sites like meetup.com..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh that's cool...so it just lists events. i like that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

Yeah, like you can find a group around you that does something you might be interested in, and look at its calendar.. on the calendar itself, there are links on the bottom to subscribe to the calendar. That way, you've got pretty much instant access to what that group's doing. So, on some particular night, you might see that they've got 'such-and-such going' on and you can just decide to go!

My method is basically just to try a few oddball events every week and meet people there. I also have some "mainstay" events that I go to every week, such as weekly dance lessons.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oooh...i like it. i am totally up for some random events with random people. sounds fun. i'll look into it, thanks.
    -Jim Morrison

Some kind of club. Photography or something art related I guess.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

looking now...this one seems fun maybe

!Usual Suspects!

We will be having a variety of events including movies, sports, dinners, camping, go karts, gallery crawls, and whatever else we happen to stumble across along the way! If you are looking for a way to get out of the house, gain valuable friendships, and just have a great time, this is the group for you! As of right now, there is no age limit... more of a "focus" if this becomes an issue in later dates, I will have to make the decision as to whether or not one needs to be instituted. The
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Some kind of club. Photography or something art related I guess.
    yeah...photo group trips would be fun! yay! getting excited kinda haha
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Buy a crowbar and smash every car window on your street. Then post fliers the next day to everyone on the street saying your gonna start and run a neighborhood watch, first meeting at yours, free snacks and booze. Done and done.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oooh and this one

The Society for FreeThought

The purpose of this meetup is to find open-minded people to have some great times and excellent conversations without the fundamentalist nonsense. "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson
    -Jim Morrison