User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 37

  1. #21
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I always know the reasons. I rarely care.
    I always know the reasons. I always care. It would be nice to resolve any kind of conflict involving myself because I hate when there's no closure and I'm left to wonder...forever.

  2. #22
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Yes, at least they are unknown to me.
    I'm sure she had her reasons, but she wouldn't tell me why.
    Something about me getting down off my high horse and that I should try casual sex. Never understood that girl.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I always know the reasons. I always care. It would be nice to resolve any kind of conflict involving myself because I hate when there's no closure and I'm left to wonder...forever.
    Just ask. "Hey guys! Wtf is your problem again? Could it be that I'm so much more procrastinating than you are but still manage to be ten times as smart? Phew, glad that's sorted out."

    *moves on*

    And I thought Ni wasn't about wondering and was all about knowing.

  4. #24
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Just ask. "Hey guys! Wtf is your problem again? Could it be that I'm so much more procrastinating than you are but still manage to be ten times as smart? Phew, glad that's sorted out."

    *moves on*

    And I thought Ni wasn't about wondering and was all about knowing.
    That's just it, I KNOW the reasons, but even when I try to resolve the issues, I still get the feeling that it's not resolved and they simply don't get it. That keeps me wondering.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    That's just it, I KNOW the reasons, but even when I try to resolve the issues, I still get the feeling that it's not resolved and they simply don't get it. That keeps me wondering.
    As the being of higher intellect (if you know all these things you claim to know that is...) the onus is on you to disregard the problem unless it gets in the way, or to make them see that it's not a problem INDIRECTLY and very SUBTLY.

    Besides, you should know that, if you stop worrying about it...things in the world outside your head start to change to accommodate that. If you don't give a fuck they will stop to too. At the very least your paranoia will be put to rest. That's what Js don't get. Changing your environment comes from changing your PERCEPTION of it What's real anyway....

  6. #26
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    As the being of higher intellect (if you know all these things you claim to know that is...) the onus is on you to disregard the problem unless it gets in the way, or to make them see that it's not a problem INDIRECTLY and very SUBTLY.

    Besides, you should know that, if you stop worrying about it...things in the world outside your head start to change to accommodate that. If you don't give a fuck they will stop to too. At the very least your paranoia will be put to rest. That's what Js don't get. Changing your environment comes from changing your PERCEPTION of it What's real anyway....
    Thanks, Dr. Freud. Will make things happen.

  7. #27
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    I mostly avoided people, so people just thought I was weird.

    But once while waiting tables, I was sitting with an ESTP girl I worked with one day on break. I started telling her about a recent trip to california I had made.

    It went something like this:

    The mesas in new mexico had been so beautiful with bits of green on them as it had rained a bit. Contrasted with the pink stone, it was like god had taken a walk through the desert. There were rain clouds off in the distance and you could see the shadows, the hues, the depth and beauty of the clouds unfolding.

    As we crossed over the Colorado rive I was struck by the utter contrast between the tiny strip of green lushness and the arid shale and sand surrounding it. The mojave was so interesting as it looked like a child had dumped large piles of discarded rocks and then called them mountains. I had the strongest urge to get out of the car and climb to the top just to do so. Just to take a peice of the rock and carry it with me to claim I had been there.

    In california the hills were the most amazing part. The road weaved in and out of these golden mounds, few tress, houses perched precariously. They were "hills" yet mountain like and it struck me that I was riding along the back of a great golden animal, hidden amongst its fur.

    Most amazing were the windmills. Hundreds of them all lined up in rows, layers deep. As I drove by they would spin. They looked so delicate yet as you came closer they were immense and titanic in their strength and the sheer power of the blades and generative force left me awed. I wanted to go walk underneath one and listen to the sound of the blades as they moved in the air, to touch one, close my eyes, and see if I could feel the vibration reverbate through the shaft.

    Yeah, after that, she spent the next three years treating me like trash, tripping me, making fun of me, stealing my shifts. I just ignored her and learned another lesson about sharing the things I see with other people.

  8. #28
    A passer by yvonne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    564

    Default

    ^ you took me with you on the journey with your description. i could almost hear the windmills and feel the vibration.

    i've only heard once that someone didn't like me. i heard it from another person and he told me that the other person had said that i talk too much. i remember the situation, too. i was with this guy on a trip that we were sort of "forced" to go alone on. he was very quiet and i felt uncomfortable with him. i was trying to talk about something, because he wouldn't and i felt weird. it wasn't like a comfortable silence. it was almost like he was sulking. i had no idea what was bothering him, either.

    anyway... i'm sure there are other people who haven't liked me, lol. i've just never heard about it. i suppose some people just rub each other the wrong way.

  9. #29
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Yes and my insecurities used to fill in the blanks of 'why?', but I have learned that people are more focused on what you think of them than on you in particular.

  10. #30
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    There's always a reason. Of course, you won't always be able to figure it out. And they won't always know themselves.
    Another thread ready to be closed after the first response.

    The rest is just details.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. Felling transcendentally uplifted and euphoric for no reason.
    By Jet Stream in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 10:14 AM
  2. really bad agitation for no reason
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 12:53 AM
  3. is there a person with NO talent at all?
    By niki in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs: Do you make up stuff for no reason?
    By Metamorphosis in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 12:16 AM
  5. [INFP] Depressed for no reason?
    By Nonsensical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO