User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Agreed, School was horrid. Peers insufferable; work boring; rules stifling; the whole enterprise quite an inefficient and unpleasant way to learn.

I liked school.

The work was quick and easy, I had no responsibilities other than my schoolwork, I had a ton of free time... School was awesome, I don't understand why many people hate it so much.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I liked school.

The work was quick and easy, I had no responsibilities other than my schoolwork, I had a ton of free time... School was awesome, I don't understand why many people hate it so much.
    School is annoying because even if it is quick and easy, it is incredibly boring. Without the internet and my laptop I would probably go insane. The fact that you are not allowed to do anything else, and must complete the work even if you already understand the material is just frustrating because there are far more productive uses of time.
    "Those are my principles and if you don't like them......well, I have others"

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche

You're not allowed to talk to any of your fellow classmates?

MBTI
    INTP

You're not allowed to talk to any of your fellow classmates?
    I would, except I have very few classes with the people I would actually care to talk to. Beyond a few people, I have literally no common topics of discussion with anyone. For most of the people at my school the most fascinating topic is apparently random gossip.

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche

Surely you have something in common with someone.

MBTI
    INTP

Surely you have something in common with someone.
    Like I said, there are a couple, mostly NTs who are on the debate team with me.

-Groucho Marx

- Frederich Nietzsche

Try talking to someone outside your immediate sphere of acquaintances (i.e. not your debate team buddies). Sometimes the most insightful thoughts come from the people you'd least expect.

MBTI
    INTP

Try talking to someone outside your immediate sphere of acquaintances (i.e. not your debate team buddies). Sometimes the most insightful thoughts come from the people you'd least expect.
    I go to an inner-city public high school. I've spent four years with these people, and know most of my classmates characters fairly well. While I suppose it is certainly possible they contain some hidden gems, I doubt it.

Of course I could be wrong.

-Groucho Marx

- Frederich Nietzsche

I went to an inner-city public school, I spent three to six years (and in one case, 12) with those people, and pretty much every single day they had something new to say.