User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I never carry my cell phone on me it stays at home while I go out. The exceptions are when i'm meeting someone, but otherwise I don't bother and I prefer text over actual conversation.

Oh and when drunk karoke is awesome!!!!! My friends tell me that when I'm drunk I sing along with the music but make up my own lyrics.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Cooperative learning and group projects.
    Group projects, ack!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    yupp

Loud mouths. they invade my ear space.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

I wonder if some of the cellphone haters from 2007, when this thread was started, have changed their tunes?

I resisted getting a cell when they were first gaining popularity, but I looooooooove my smartphone. It's the best thing ever for an introvert. You can entertain yourself wherever you go. No having to be bored while waiting in doctor's offices. No having to make small talk with strangers if you don't want to. I am much more jangled by a landline phone ringing. I don't have a landline anymore, and it's fantastic.
    Something Witty

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I hate cell phones. I never leave the sound on on mine. I miss most of the calls that come in, and when I don't miss them I usually feel like ignoring it anyway. I hate that every cell phone you buy has to have 500 applications, toys, and functions. Can't I just get something that makes/answers calls? I don't need an entire laptop built into my phone. I have a laptop for that. I hate people who text message for no reason, or try to have a conversation via texts. That "hey sup?" "Nothing... Need something?" "no just chatting lol", Then 10 minutes later when you don't respond they get pissed at you for leaving them hanging. Sorry, it's a fucking cell phone.... Not an instant messenger program. I don't have AIM for a reason, that doesn't give you free reign to turn my cell phone into an IM service. If you text me, it better be because you need to ask/tell me something important, like "hey, class is cancelled".

I usually leave my cell phone sitting in my room if I go somewhere. Then when someone gives me shit for not answering I tell them I don't carry it with me. Most people don't seem to be able to comprehend the concept that one might not have their cell phone attached to their hand as if it is another appendage.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    yupp

I don't have a smart phone. all my phone does is text and makes calls. which meet my needs. I do want an android but i have 2 years before I'm due for an upgrade. I got the 20 dollar phone that's free with a new contract. I have a ps3 and laptop I don't see why I need anything else.

also I'm one of those weird introverts that doesn't mind small talk. I mean might as well learn something while out.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP

I love my cell phone. I love having the internet in my pocket. I don't get calls all that much, and it's no different when I had a landline/answering machine and screened every call anyway. Having a phone and internet every where I go has come in handy many many times.

I love texting too, but probably because I don't have people texting just to chat. Texting is like passing notes. Why call and disrupt someone to say "Sorry, running late. Be there in 10 minutes" when you can text them and leave it up to them to check or reply? I'm sure I'd be incredible annoyed if someone tried to hold a conversation with me through text, the same way I was when I had AIM but didn't want to actively be chatting.

MBTI
    INFJ

Cubicles with short walls where everyone can see each other's faces ALL day. Cell phones -- well, we all text more and call less. So says the Wall Street Journal a two days ago.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Cell Phone??? I don't even have a land line. Leave me alone already.

When people want to get in touch with me.. they yell outside my window.
    Or they E-mail me, FB me, or even contact me on here.
    If we have to converse, Yahoo chat or Skype.

I like this arrangement.. despite being asked weekly.. "when are you going to get a phone?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

I think public schools could be thrown into the anti-introvert invention pool. How many people here actually thoroughly enjoyed their school peers? Introverts being shoved into a primarily extroverted environment is most likely going to end up badly, case in point emos or on the opposite end of the spectrum grumpy emos (INTPs)
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"