User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Can anyone else here think of an invention aggravating to Introverts?
    And by all means, if you are an Introvert that is not bothered by cell-phones, then speak up.
    Karaoke?

Speed dating?

Actually, I'm sure karaoke and other venues for performance helps really introverted but otherwise spotlight hungry individuals.

Some performers are (almost) painfully awkward to the point of being obnoxious around others but really shine (and are truly obnoxious) on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Karaoke?

Speed dating?

Actually, I'm sure karaoke and other venues for performance helps really introverted but otherwise spotlight hungry individuals.

Some performers are (almost) painfully awkward to the point of being obnoxious around others but really shine (and are truly obnoxious) on stage.
    I think I might enjoy speed dating because it's five minutes and you never have to say "I don't want to see you again."

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    It's funny to me that many NTs in my life seem to dislike cell phones. Aren't they the children of technology?
    But we NTs are the fathers of technology. And we're those really bad, uninvolved kinds of fathers. Designing and refining cellphones is fun. Using them is someone else's problem.

I hate phones of all types (wireless or wired). If someone's in close physical proximity, they can see if you're in the middle of something and wait until you're free to bother you. But with a telephone, people invariably call right in the middle of something, and yet you're expected to drop what you're doing and talk to them right now.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I love my smartphone. I can do almost everything with it. Except sex.
    Quitter.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Coteaching. When you have special ed students in your classroom you're supposed to have a special ed teacher with you. But the special ed teacher doesn't just teach the special ed students. Noooooo. The special ed teacher has to COTEACH. Which means you're a TEAM. You have to plan together, teach together, and grade papers together. Negotiate every blasted thing. It takes twice as long to get stuff done with another person wanting to talk it all over. No longer "my classroom"--it's now "our classroom". I've heard so many extroverts piping up with enthusiasm, "Everything is better when you're a TEAM, right?" Wrong. *grumble*

I don't have a cell phone, either. Nor an answering machine, nor call waiting.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    If someone's in close physical proximity, they can see if you're in the middle of something and wait until you're free to bother you. But with a telephone, people invariably call right in the middle of something, and yet you're expected to drop what you're doing and talk to them right now.
    I used to think that they waited. Since I've been teaching, I've learned better. Students expect you to drop everything and talk to them--NOW!--even when what they have to say is a random useless comment. Perhaps it's their close affiliation with cell phones that makes them assume everyone is ready to talk to them at any moment.

(Can you tell it's been a long week?)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Spam. Really hurts a nice introvert way of communicating.

Study Groups. At least for me, it's much simpler to just learn the stuff on my own.

Some Chat Rooms, blog comments, etc. Makes it very hard to get noticed unless you say something right away, and information goes by so quickly that it is hard to mull over stuff and respond later in a way that makes sense.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Cooperative learning and group projects.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You can solve most of your cell phone problems by getting less friends. Works for me!

Although you could just turn it off or not have one at all, but then you'd just be a loser.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I do not have a cell phone. Never needed one. I also hate those GPS units appearing in cars now, that literally tell you where to go as you drive. Mapquest/Google maps is good. I can plan my route and print the maps I need, then take them to any car I happen to be in, even as a passenger, and make my own decisions about which way to go. I've heard GPS units tell drivers the strangest, even stupidest routes to take. One look at a paper map or atlas is all it takes, but it seems map reading is becoming a lost skill, along with mending clothes and cooking food from scratch.