User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like my cell because my family and the kids' schools can always reach me. I don't have to stay home all day just in case or go out worried that the school is trying to reach me but can't. Only a few people outside my family have my cell number and they always try my landline first, so I'm not constantly bothered.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I have a cell phone, I don't always answer it and I have yet to get whined at about it. Should someone feel the urge to do so, however, I have little trouble telling them that I was busy at the time and there was no way answering right away would be of any benefit no matter how dire their situation is. Also, thankfully I only get like 3 calls a month, if that many.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I have a cell phone... I rarely turn it on... most of the time because I've forgotten to... like right now. People usually don't call me though.

Not everything is anti-introvert though... mp3 players for example... more excuse to not talk to people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Cell phones are not only anti-introvert inventions, they're just for people who talk way too much. When I was going to school, I see all these girls walking in and out of the bathrooms, yapping on their cell phones, telling their friends that they've just got out of the bathroom.

The scary thing is that I might end up being forced to get one before too long. (Unfortunately, it's one of those necessary evils that will improve my image.)

MBTI
    infp

What I hate about cell phones is that I'm really not convinced that most of the people i know who have one, need one, and I'm pretty sure its just a thing people get for status and fitting in. I know some people who have a "week day" phone and a "weekend" phone, which is retarded if anything ever has been. Plus when I explain this all to these people, they try to play the "what if there is an emergency" card. None of these people have one in case their car breaks down, and many can't even drive, for that matter.

Theres no denying that cell phones are useful things in some situations, but a bunch of 16 year olds "txt msgng" is pretty close to useless. If people want to piss away time and money on them, be my guest, but i don't like it.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't own a cellphone. I don't plan on getting one for several years. I'm going to hold out as long as I can.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

The microphone xD
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    yupp

I have a cell and I find it useful if I get lost or seperated. Though if someone calls I will turn off everything or excuse myself and talk them privately. It's more of me being unable to filter out background noise. If I can't talk I won't answer I leave my phone in my room for class. I hate when people call me and they don't bother going somewhere away from noise and I'm trying to talk yet they are at a party and I can't concentrate. My gandpa hates cell phones, I need one or otherwise I'd be cut off from my famiily. I think I call my mom and that's it. and It's nice for projects otherwise I'd rather not talk on the phone. I hate texting though I will text someone if I know they're in class and need to find something out right away/will forget it. My room mates all have told me that they can't imagine going anywhere without their phone. While me on the other hand will purposefully forget my phone so I don't have to talk to people.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I love my smartphone. I can do almost everything with it. Except sex.

I don't particularly like having a cell phone, but I have to have one for work. I kind of like text messaging, but I hate that someone can call my cell phone and then berate me later for not answering or at least not calling back. "Didn't you see I called?" Yes, but don't you see I didn't ask you to?