User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I lurve my mobile. Hell if people call me and I don't want to answer...gues what? I just hang up

Where else could I get a camera, the internet, games for when life is boring (like sudoku!!), text messages for efficient communication and toys!! Mine does SatNav... if I can be bothered to figure it out.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah mine's circa 1974, found it about 13 years ago in my aunt's attic and have used it ever since. Can't stand the horrible electronic ringtones you get on modern phones.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ

It's funny to me that many NTs in my life seem to dislike cell phones. Aren't they the children of technology?

In any case we just got three with a family plan so we could talk to our son at college and connect with our teenaged daughter after school and when she's out of walking range. In a house of introverts, she's the one who loves and uses hers the most. I often forget to carry mine, and just used it for the first time to call someone outside the family to see if she needed something from Trader Joes.

I'm certainly bothered by others' loud phone calls and dialtones during religious services and meditation classes, but the convenience and well-being cell phones bring my family outweighs the annoyance, so I vote to keep them.

On the other hand, I don't like Muzak, grocery store saving cards, or "if you bought this, you'll like this" offers.

Jae Rae

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I started a steamy relationship with my INTP ex-bf's iPhone. Why? Because everyone I ever date or become entangled with leaves the state. What happened to the iPhone? It died and went to California. I have been sternly forbidden to speak to the new iPhone.

My evil work is wrought. I am well pleased.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    It's funny to me that many NTs in my life seem to dislike cell phones. Aren't they the children of technology?
    it's not so much the cellphones I hate as the way that average people tend to use them.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INTP

The thing I realized after I got a cell phone was how obviously superior it is as a technological idea to a landline phone. I carry my phone wherever I am, rather than having my ability to make contact restricted to a certain place.

Nobody ever calls me, so I guess I don't find it annoying to be "reachable" all the time. (This is really all about managing your relationships. I don't make "phone buddies" who are going to call for no reason.) I have yet to use the entirety of my monthly allotment of minutes. I, on the other hand, can make a call without having to travel to a phone.

You can always turn the thing off you know. Or, better, you can cancel a call if it's not someone you want to talk to.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    it's not so much the cellphones I hate as the way that average people tend to use them.
    This, I think, is what I was trying to say. I agree that people who act oblivious to their surroundings while on a phone are obnoxious. Don't hate the technology.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yes, I see that. And I feel annoyance, too.

What I meant is I know some NTs who don't like to use or carry them. My husband works in a four-story bldg. For years I've thought it would be nice if he had a pager or beeper, but he wouldn't go for it. The people he works with don't take good phone messages or don't pass them on. So I have to call back, sometimes more than once. Cell phones provide a good way of getting in touch, as they record all calls. There are four of us in the family, we have three phones. He doesn't carry a cell phone and doesn't want to. He's very independent and I don't insist on it.

I don't think other people's misuse of their cell phones bothers him.

Jae Rae

MBTI
    ENTP

Ya rly. I mean what's the world coming to really, when you have an ENTP complaining to you about your lack of manners??

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Allow me to introduce the only telephone I use outside of my office

(apologies for the blurry picture, you know how it is with keeping the camera still on long exposure without a tripod - at least it obscures my phone number lol)
    WOW neato I remember my parents having a phone like that. Cool!
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.