User Tag List

First 345

Thread: Chop Chop

ThatGirl

Before....

MBTI
    ISTP

Of course, I don't have any personal investment in your decision but I don't think plastic surgery makes sense. Adjusting your physical appearance is only curing a symptom, the real problem is a maladjusted self-image and lack of self appreciation. Healthy self-image and appreciation are more physically attractive than a superficial adjustment anyways.

From a strictly superficial standpoint you would be more attractive, but the fact you're fixing your nose before your attitude tells me this problem will resurface in other ways until you adjust your priorities and address it directly. Adjusting your attitude first would net you much greater intended results, afterwards you may not even want or need to change how you look making it a smarter strategy overall.

For the price of your plastic surgery you can get eye surgery (which will help YOU in a highly practical way at all waking hours), a gym membership, some new clothes, and maybe session with a therapist! My 2c.

Enneagram
    9w8

I consider plastic surgery to be like tattoos - one shouldn't be in a hurry to get something entirely optional done, so I would give myself six months to a year to think about it, and if I still wish for it to be done, no problem.

When I did give myself a year to think about whether I wished to still have the cosmetic surgery I was going to get, I chose not to - only because my funds are much better used elsewhere.

But if you have the extra money and honestly want to get rid of/alter something about yourself ye don't like, I'd support your decision were I a friend and whatnot.

However, in my mind there is a distinct difference between taking something out of one's body and sticking something in it - sounds odd, but I think breast enhancements, botox and things like calf implants are bloody stupid. One is putting poison of various sorts into one's body when doing that*.

*Exceptions are made for the transgendered, or those with a necessary reason to get it done - like masectomy patients.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    What are your thoughts on plastic surgery?

What's most appealing in a person are the qualities of happiness and confidence. Those qualities are almost irresistible to others. They seem to exist independently from appearance.

If a person doesn't have those qualities before plastic surgery, will they truly have them after it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Before....
    After:

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    After:

Says

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Actually I have decided to get a nose job. I have reposted my profile pick as a tribute to old TG.

Mostly I want it done because the nose keeps growing as you age. While it is fine for right now, I know eventually I will want it corrected. Then I thought why not enjoy the correction for the better portion of my youth. Also symbolizes new beginnings. Idk a lot of things.
    Permanent, under the knife, pain.....

All the same could be said for tattoos, but those are "cool."

I do have a big nose. It is long, skinny, and bumped from the side view. My mom offered to get me a nose job when I was younger and I declined, cause it wasn't a big deal then. Idk, maybe I just want a change, and that is something I think will benifit me in the long run. I wont go down the list of reasons, but it makes sense to me.
    Your. Nose. Is. Beautiful.

As are you.

I wouldn't change a thing.

Just a thought: I have a hard time believing it when people call me handsome. Our self-image isn't what other people see. It took me a long time to get used to watching videos of myself (useful for analyzing dancing), I thought I looked so goofy. Yet other people don't seem to think I look goofy, they think I look like me.

[Full disclosure: I have had plastic surgery - to correct a birth defect.]
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    IsTP

The Jackson nose is *very* distinctive.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...