User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Chop Chop

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    TG, I've seen your photo. I cannot imagine what part of your face or body you'd have a problem with.
    What he said. You're very pretty.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Actually I have decided to get a nose job. I have reposted my profile pick as a tribute to old TG.

Mostly I want it done because the nose keeps growing as you age. While it is fine for right now, I know eventually I will want it corrected. Then I thought why not enjoy the correction for the better portion of my youth. Also symbolizes new beginnings. Idk a lot of things.
    Don't let them take off too much. If you eliminate the prominence of that lovely nose entirely, you've eliminated something that makes you distinctive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We've already talked about this so I won't rehash all that. But is "how is it different from fake nails and hair color" a serious question? 1: General anesthesia, which is not without risk. 2: Uh, they CUT you. With a KNIFE. 3: Pain and recovery time. 4: Cost. That's just off the top of my head.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'd also like to say (because I don't think I brought it up when we discussed this before) that it does trouble me that you said you'd like to get this done because you "look Italian." I am also troubled by the eye-widening procedures marketed to Asian people. Is the goal for everybody to look super-white and the same?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I am also troubled by the eye-widening procedures marketed to Asian people.
    Oh man, this and skin bleach. Many people in advertisements in parts of Asia look absolutely horrific

Fake boobs can be pretty disturbing at times, too.

Where's the "barf" emoticon when you need it

Basically, I guess I'm against getting under the knife for procedures that have a high risk of making you look much worse than you did before. In those cases, the decision tends to be made for entirely wrong reasons, anyway.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I have seen your nose and it looks fine. Rembember its the those sublime key elements which make a woman so special that really count. So in other words use the nose job $ to get a pair of DD+s
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Well, I can't say that I agree or disagree with cosmetic surgery. I think it's ok, if you have self-confidence issues or don't like something. But exaggerations are so sad, think of all the celebrities who have gone too far with this. I understand that someone might have issues, but it's sad when all the surgeries just make you worse.

I am quite sure that in 20 years, when I won't be young anymore, I'll consider having a lifting or something. But now, I wouldn't change anything of myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I love your nose! What do you want done to it?

ThatGirl

Permanent, under the knife, pain.....

All the same could be said for tattoos, but those are "cool."

I do have a big nose. It is long, skinny, and bumped from the side view. My mom offered to get me a nose job when I was younger and I declined, cause it wasn't a big deal then. Idk, maybe I just want a change, and that is something I think will benifit me in the long run. I wont go down the list of reasons, but it makes sense to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

It seems to me like this is more than just the nose thing or an insecurity issue exactly. Something you said almost sounded like it represented something to you (maybe like a tattoo would for some people, except moreso) or that it would mark some kind of new era.

I know you aren't asking whether to do it or not. I beg you to consider though what it did to Jennifer Grey's career after she became famous in Dirty Dancing and then decided to get a new nose. The proportion of all your other features are greatly affected by your nose, so make sure you have a really good idea of what the plastic surgeon has in mind. (It's not like a haircut where the hairdresser had a slightly different vision than you!). And, if you are going to change it, please go for what you see as a slightly enhanced version of your own nose, rather than a completely different looking nose.