User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I have this rule for myself. Whenever I think of a loved one, I try to call them if even just for a few minutes because I often think about the reality that I will likely be attending the funerals of many of the people I now love. Last Thanksgiving when my grandmother introduced me to a friend, she said, "This is the one I told you about. He's the only grandchild who ever calls me."
    my mom does that with me, she calls me often just to tell me one thing that she thought of. it is pretty endearing!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Justice View Post
    Uncomplicated relationships between the sexes
    Yeah. When exactly did that happen?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    my mom does that with me, she calls me often just to tell me one thing that she thought of. it is pretty endearing!
    Yo momma loves you, bwoi.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Justice View Post
    Watching TV on Friday nights until the colored bars came on
    yeah, i remember that too. "this concludes our broadcast day."
    it was a pretty great feeling of completion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I used to like to go out with my best friend who lived up the street when it rained. We lived on a hill and we would make boats made of leaves and have "boat races" down the hill. When we got back our moms would make us hot cocoa and pastries.

It sounds silly but it was exhilarating. Our imaginations made us feel we were inside the leaf boat rafting down something on scale with the Colorado river.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I promise you it did. You should've been there!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    yeah, i remember that too. "this concludes our broadcast day."
    it was a pretty great feeling of completion.
    Yes, I agree about the feeling of completion. I enjoyed the predictability. I knew Saturdays were for cartoons, and Thursdays were for the Cosby Show, and after Johnny Carson, the TV went "off".
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I miss not being responsible for much. You think adulthood means freedom, but it doesn't....

I also miss the ease with which I created....I didn't really second-guess myself. I just followed my imagination and explored ideas and dove into my little art projects with little need for external motivation. I think I was more "original" also because I had less frame of reference and influence from experience and knowledge.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I miss the thought that real responsibility was still so far away. That's about it. I'll always have my memories (unless I become a vegetable or something).

stress, responsibility, time constraints. At least in the adult realm, are my three most undesired things. In small doses, they aren't bad. But the weight of the fear of the future scares me more than death at times. I am more often falling into the hope that I could make an ideal world where they don't exist and am disappointed when I still wake up in the same place. I feel this is caused by my peers seeming to have ambition and direction where I usually lack them nearly completely.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    Um, I still play that game
    Hey me too!

Well, things become complicated once the member of the opposite sex begins to grow hair in places they've never grown before .
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

I miss yards without fences. I miss buying a ton of candy for a dollar. I miss being able to ride horses for $5/hour. I miss not having to wear seat belts. I miss Kung Fu Theater on Saturdays. I miss making our own Kung Fu movies with a Super 8 camera and ad libbing the script.

I miss digging an underground fort in the forest behind our house and pretending we were archeologists in Egypt.

I miss daring each other to sneak onto the farmer's property behind our houses at dusk and touch a grave stone (I don't miss getting shot in the arse with salt rock).

I miss building snow forts. I miss pretending the cars were space craft driven by Cyborgs and the headlights were laser beams.

I miss Independence Day being my favorite holiday of the year.

I miss turning every moment into an adventure and being able to sit in class all day imagining I was a secret agent (Calvin and Hobbes style) or whatever else came to mind.

I miss being able to play and relax. I miss feeling like life was magical and safe. I miss having an hour of free time every evening after supper to study the stars and think deeply.

I miss sitting with my friends and believing we would grow up and change the world for the better. I miss feeling like we were on the brink of an amazing future and hanging out in the arcades playing Space Invaders and Astroids.

I miss feeling like Star Wars Episode 4 (A New Hope) was the most amazing special effects ever!

I miss family road trips.

I miss sneaking downstairs on Thursday nights to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus with my dad. I miss being able to ask my dad anything and him having an answer.

I miss my Uncle Els the cowboy and summers spent on his ranch in Idaho. I miss fishing with my Grandpa and letters of wisdom from my Grandma.

I miss my mom's cooking. I miss my brother being able to understand how my mind worked . . .

I miss believing I would do a better job with my kids than my parents did with me.