User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    As a kid, I didn't understand grown-ups. They were allowed to do everything they wanted and were smart and handy enough to do things a kid couldn't do yet, and instead of doing FUN things (like playing with legos, going on the scary rides in the fun fair, putting together robots) they did BORING things (like watching television), even in their free time! I was terribly scared that by the time I was smart and handy and allowed to do the fun things, I would have forgotten what fun things were, like apparently every grown-up...
    Luckily, I didn't forget it, despite lots of peer pressure in high school I'm still convinced the laws of Newton are a more interesting subject to discuss than the appearance of boys...
    this made me smile. i miss exploring the world just for the fun of it. now i have to think about efficiency, money, balancing... i miss the moments i was totally happy in, mind full of hope and wonder... all senses open.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Do you smell nice?
    I smell A little like ash and soot but other than that yea lol
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

The simpleness of relationships...
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I thought of another one. I think someone else mentioned something like this too... I miss being small enough for other people to pick me up and carry me. More specifically, I was thinking about my uncle and one of my cousins who's a lot older than me. When they babysat me, they used to pick me up and swing me around. So fun. That kind of thing would scare me now. haha

MBTI
    INFx

I miss sleeping in on Saturdays and not having to do dishes.

MBTI
    INTJ

I virtually don't miss anything. My first thought was the amusement/joy that children get from the small insignificant things in life, but then I realized that not only was I even more "INTJ" as a kid than I am now, but being able to appreciate those things never really goes away. There are times now where I'm exposed to/search out some new knowledge or insight that's so profound it's like being introduced into a whole new world, and along with that comes the childlike curiosity/enjoyment of new relatively minor things. I don't mind taking on the responsibility of being an adult in exchange for the freedom it affords.

Although, the one exception to, "I virtually don't miss anything," would be this:

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I miss being excited about the future.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I virtually don't miss anything. My first thought was the amusement/joy that children get from the small insignificant things in life, but then I realized that not only was I even more "INTJ" as a kid than I am now, but being able to appreciate those things never really goes away. There are times now where I'm exposed to/search out some new knowledge or insight that's so profound it's like being introduced into a whole new world, and along with that comes the childlike curiosity/enjoyment of new relatively minor things. I don't mind taking on the responsibility of being an adult in exchange for the freedom it affords...
    This is so well said. I agree totally with this. I think I was more INTJ as a child too. (okay, that part's just a joke, but I do take more curious wonder in the world than I did as a child. For one thing, I am even aware of the world more than I was as a child)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Heh... condiments as a deadly weapon!

I remember playing in the mud a lot, and building forts too. Stupidly,when I was much older, I tried to make a tree house and did not pay attention to all the poison ivy around the tree. I remember the sores being so bad that my legs and other body areas were entirely covered and the lumps raised 1/4" off my skin. That was hellish.
    I had the same experience with poison Sumac! I was covered from head to toe! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Why? I mean, being a grown-up doesn't keep you from playing with lego, does it? Or with marbles? Magnets?
    l I'm still convinced the laws of Newton are a more interesting subject to discuss than the appearance of boys...
    I still play with legos. It helps when you have kids too. I love doing science projects with them. One of the best days we had as a family was when we made rockets out of household items. We still laugh about that day!

Also I love reading to my kids! I started Ozma of Oz with my 7 year old last night! Bliss.

MBTI
    ENTP

I love the Oz books! Morbid and fun.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."