User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Sounds like you already hate this person and it didn't look like you tried talking to him.

Are you sure your not twisting every word he says to make him seem stupid because you hate him? Why don't you talk to him and let him know your opinions so you can see where his coming from, and maybe you two could end up understanding each others perspective and maybe something out.

But, if he's as dense as you make him out to be after talking to him, go tell him to shut up and not to talk to you directly. However, you still have to put up with him talking in the class unless the teacher tells him to shut up.

Sorry, nothing could be done about getting rid of your problem completely because the world does not revolve around one person.
    Thanks for that perspective. Sorry this was more of a vent thread. I should feel sorry for him but it's hard. He doesn't talk directly to me... much. I just wish he wouldn't talk over people who are sharing their opinions to interject his argument. Also, he totally ripped apart my opinion w/ some illogical bs. All of that makes me more mad than it should. To be honest, I really do get along w/ most people and can tolerate most people. I am open-minded (according to people irl). If someone truly irks me, it usually means the person pisses off many other folks. Thank you, I should just be the better person and ignore him.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Neat, provoker got his own thread after him ^.^

But that being said, yes it's frustrating at times. Yeu can be book smart without understanding whot yeu read... there's individuals out there which drive me nuts because they are so vehement on insisting they voice their opinion... and then... they turn out to not actually even HAVE one in the first place.

Now the comment about provoker was actually mostly in jest, as he comes off that way more than he actually IS... but... I have in fact witnessed him talk himself literally in circles, where he'll quote one author, then another, then another, and give about 8 different conflicting opinions on a matter, and it turns out he doesn't actually have one himself, he's just quoting everyone else. "Well A says this but B counters with whotever, and C believes something entirely different", and they go in circles but never actually show that they themselves have come to any conclusion or have any thought capacity of their own other than being a parrot.

Obviously provoker doesn't do that all the time, but the occasions he does fit this perfectly.

Yeu can't talk to them nor explain yeur position to them because THEY DON'T HAVE ONE themselves. Yeu can't reason with someone who has zero reasoning capacity; yeu can't have a philosophical discussion with a book, because the book is already written... it can't be changed short of writing a new one. It doesn't consider yeur proposals, or think about yeur ideas, or evaluate yeur observations, it just repeats exactly whot was written in it, word for word, with no conscious reasoning whotsoever.

The people who do this are irritating to the core because, although they look smart on the surface, and they obviously believe they are themselves, it turns out they have nil for comprehension, and are less capable of intelligent conversation than a dog is, because at least a dog can recognize and react to things like tone of voice and inflection; these individuals are incapable of even that.

My apologies as well to provoker for using him as an example, yeu really aren't that bad all the time, but yeu do in fact do this on occasion and it drive me nuuuuuuuuuuuuts! *Head asplody!*

Glycerine

LOL, I really don't mind provoker all that much. At first, I took a little offense to how he came across but in the end, he really does have some good insights and comes off rather intelligent. However, this guy is no where as intelligent as provoker. I decided to just laugh it off or ignore the guy. haha, I was so irritated I just started to involuntarily laugh in the middle of class yesterday.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post

In her case I explained to her ENTJ boss I was quitting. He then explained to her that everyone in her group hated her and wanted to quit. She cried.
    YES!!! SUPER WIN!!!! Your ENTJ boss is my hero.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post

The best bet is to tell him "you're not a freaking leader of the class and you annoy everyone".
    If he's an ESTJ that would probably be the best way to go about it. Chances are he knows how entirely oblivious he is to peoples motives and that will make him seriously think something is wrong with him.

Be careful, if he's an ENTJ he will plot his revenge on you and it will be sweet.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

can you vote for yourself?

i'm just kidding, but mostly if i don't get along with people i think i am doing something wrong... when the reality is probably on both ends... or the expectations don't meet.

it's paranoia, or something. it's especially sad, if someone you really, really like doesn't like you, lol.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's tough being smart.

I personally mask my smartness with humor, sarcasm or evasive manouvers. But when someone does something foolish from my perspective, I have to make a real effort not to try and totally upset the person just because I find that person ignorant.

Unless the person is being foolish when I know the person is smarter than that. Then I'll rub it in. But hey, if you're as smart as you can be, but not as smart as me. Then who am I to blame you for that.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    LOL, I really don't mind provoker all that much. At first, I took a little offense to how he came across but in the end, he really does have some good insights and comes off rather intelligent. However, this guy is no where as intelligent as provoker. I decided to just laugh it off or ignore the guy. haha, I was so irritated I just started to involuntarily laugh in the middle of class yesterday.
    Yeah, why I apologized to provoker ^^

He's really not that bad, but he does definitely have his moments of this, and he's the only one I could think of off the top of my head which fit it perfectly, even if it's rare.

And yeah, provoker can think for himself alot of the time, though there's some topics he just can't seem to do anything other than quote everyone else XD

I'd feel bad to have to even endure dealing with someone who was like that all the time, not just on rare occasion >.<

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I personally mask my smartness with humor, sarcasm or evasive manouvers.
    yeah, me too. (i'm probably not as smart as you, though ) anyway... ignorance doesn't bother me, unless it's hurting someone. i'd rather be kind and ignorant than smart and ruthless.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's tough being smart.

I personally mask my smartness with humor, sarcasm or evasive manouvers. But when someone does something foolish from my perspective, I have to make a real effort not to try and totally upset the person just because I find that person ignorant.

Unless the person is being foolish when I know the person is smarter than that. Then I'll rub it in. But hey, if you're as smart as you can be, but not as smart as me. Then who am I to blame you for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    yeah, me too. (i'm probably not as smart as you, though ) anyway... ignorance doesn't bother me, unless it's hurting someone. i'd rather be kind and ignorant than smart and ruthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    can you vote for yourself?

i'm just kidding, but mostly if i don't get along with people i think i am doing something wrong... when the reality is probably on both ends... or the expectations don't meet.

it's paranoia, or something. it's especially sad, if someone you really, really like doesn't like you, lol.
    Those are the awesome type of smart people. I really would not be surprised if you guys were smarter than me! In fact, there are plenty of highly intelligent people on here (smarter than me).

Yvonne. Unless most of the class rolls their eyes at you, chances are you are nothing like this person. You seem rather self-aware.