User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm a bit unsure that trying to hoist someone on the yard arm because they are bookish and believe they're making a contribution especially in a group setting is a good idea, bit surprised the amount of people who suggested pretty aggrivated responses.

Apart from anything else do you want to feed the inner gremlins by getting bent out of shape by someone else? Whether they're bookish/opinionated or depressed/emotional or whatever they are, further is attacking them going to stoke them up or put them down or the third option, what I think would make everyone's life a bit better, teach them how to act?

MBTI
    enfp

well in my case, he made annoying remarks that made no one laugh, and i would make funny remarks that made the whole class laugh.

then he told me to shut up right after i made all the girls giggle in class. he was annoyed that i was getting all the attention. he said SHUT UP! like across the room! i had to act immediately to keep my image in tact in front of so many pretty girls. ^_^

otherwise i could have really cared not that much. i probably did him a favor, he might have really pissed off the wrong people one day if i didn't act properly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have a friend who is kind of nicey version. She is more a danger to herself than to others, though she will try to get drama started by twisting something somebody said to get another person going. She is book smart, but she just does stuff that is so impractical that it can't possibly work, even in a best case scenario. People who are older and have it pretty well together will even give her advice and she totally ignores it and is then surprised when it blows up in her face. She then, of course, wants help with her crisis.

The only time I really wanted to do her violence was when she was homeless and staying with us. I had recurring dreams of screaming at her and one dream where I was trying to rip out her throat with my bare hands. I'm pretty laid back, but talking on the phone really loud at all hours of the day and night and leaving your crap all over the place will apparently get to me eventually.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Glycerine

yeah, you are right , lark. I guess it's just how you present yourself that makes a world of difference. Cutting people off, dominating the whole conversation, not being able to understand things outside of his own shoes, and just being completely oblivious to the social cues (knowing when you are offending others, knowing when others are trying to speak, etc.) is not going to win you over w/ others. However, he is not a bad individual... he's just obnoxious and oblivious. He even irritates the crap out of my 45 y/o ENTJ friend who is a really balanced ENTJ... she had two classes w/ this kid. But then again, I'm Fe-dom so it might irk me a little more than others.

I have had two female ESTJ bosses-one pretty normal and the other like the person you are describing.

You have to be real upfront. In her case I explained to her ENTJ boss I was quitting. He then explained to her that everyone in her group hated her and wanted to quit. She cried.

I then had to sit down and give her very specific things she was doing that were painful and needed to change. The neat thing? She actually changed them and was much better after that.

She still gets stuck in telling everyone everything.......Fuck.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    well in my case, he made annoying remarks that made no one laugh, and i would make funny remarks that made the whole class laugh.

then he told me to shut up right after i made all the girls giggle in class. he was annoyed that i was getting all the attention. he said SHUT UP! like across the room! i had to act immediately to keep my image in tact in front of so many pretty girls. ^_^

otherwise i could have really cared not that much. i probably did him a favor, he might have really pissed off the wrong people one day if i didn't act properly.
    Hmm, I think the natural consequences for that guy behaviour is that he's going to experience jealous (obviously he's already experiencing that) and the fall out from his social faux pas (telling you to shut up isnt going to make him popular).

That should be satisfaction enough to anyone having to deal with the annoyance of them not knowing how to act, sounds pretty much like how you've dealt with it. Ignoring and shunning is powerful, ask Boycott how he got along with the Irish.

Glycerine

I saw him in class today.

Also, he picks apart any argument and interjects it w/ his own insensible logic. Seriously, someone had to explain to him how a poet and Obama could both win a Nobel prize and could not comprehend how the caste system worked...eek. This happens on a regular basis.

UPDATE: My INFP teacher restructured the class because she could finally see the full extent of what was going on w/ the room dynamics. I told her what I saw was going on in the class and she took a second look. I'm no way a suck up/ tattle-tale but if someone is screwing w/ the equilibrium of the class, I am going to hint to the teacher that some folks are making the energy of the group uncomfortable. Hooray!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Sounds NTP...ignore, ignore, ignore. I suppose you could say, "thanks for the comment" and move on.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Glycerine

^ I can finally see him as an idiotic XNTP or an idiotic ESTJ. The thing w/ "thanks for the comment", he would probably bulldoze you. lol The best bet is to tell him "you're not a freaking leader of the class and you annoy everyone". I have gotten along w/ all of the XNTPs I've met until I met this lovely jerkface.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Sounds like you already hate this person and it didn't look like you tried talking to him.

Are you sure your not twisting every word he says to make him seem stupid because you hate him? Why don't you talk to him and let him know your opinions so you can see where his coming from, and maybe you two could end up understanding each others perspective and maybe something out.

But, if he's as dense as you make him out to be after talking to him, go tell him to shut up and not to talk to you directly. However, you still have to put up with him talking in the class unless the teacher tells him to shut up.

Sorry, nothing could be done about getting rid of your problem completely because the world does not revolve around one person.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.