RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I'm a bit behind on rep responses, sorry about that...

--> Thanks!

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my comment, mate.

*waves a flag* Thanks! to you, too.

To the lovely ladies that enjoyed my comment:
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Thanks! to a certain feral feline.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    GONE

Default Welcome to Mt. Olympus!

Or in other words -- we gotta lot of gods among (wo)men up in here!

I think giving it a few weeks (it's been a few weeks, right?) to let the dust settle from the feedback roll-out...I think it's safe to say now that it's mostly useless except to highlight (in green) regular and 'senior' posters. And faciliate quick one-off messages and comments. Which I personally love! It's PM light and direct feedback about particular posts.

Don't get me wrong, I feel very especialz not only being deemed a deity but being able to enter very hallowed ground in any thread on this forum and converse with other god(desse)s and god(desse)s-in-training...but, I don't think anyone started using the rep system for neg-repping like we talked about.

So basically it's just a matter of time. After so many posts and so much critical mass with verbiage, the green lights rack up and BAM! We have reached a new level of being on this forum. I feel like we are a super advanced society and we wait until everyone (that means you noobs! lolz) has reached enlightenment and then we ascend this plane and step off the karmic wheel together en masse...or just continuing posting.

Again, I'm not necessarily complaining but felt compelled to point that out and see what other people thought.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Perhaps instead of a finite measuring stick, we should instead implement a simple numerical indicator of accolades received (similar to a post count).

That is, if folks still desire such a system.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

That little green bar isn't very useful... the only thing useful is the feedback on post option. I suppose it's nice to see that bright green bar, but it really doesn't mean much.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Essentially (and the madmins have observed this), the system does function more as a pseudo-IM system than a rep system.

Neg feedback is usually not given; people generally just want to zap a short message to someone about their post without either responding to the post OR taking the time to write an actual PM.

Points, then, seem to have become merely a legacy element -- like vestigial wing stubs or something similar -- in the ongoing evolution of system usage.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Yes, I sense the arms race is coming to a close. With users' rep-modifying power inevitably getting stronger and stronger with the passing of each day, it will not be long before the dark side of reputation modification is unleashed upon the populace, by the populace -- the power of negative rep will surface! And the prized green marbles will become unfashionable. "Out", so to say.
    Or something.
    Not really.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Yes, I sense the arms race is coming to a close. With users' rep-modifying power inevitably getting stronger and stronger with the passing of each day, it will not be long before the dark side of reputation modification is unleashed upon the populace, by the populace -- the power of negative rep will surface! And the prized green marbles will become unfashionable. "Out", so to say.
    Or something.

Sooooo are red marbles in?!?
    SDMF

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Why not? Maverick had the right idea.
    Otherwise, I wouldn't mind replacing the marbles with a point-indicator, like Night suggests.
    Not really.