Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Honestly, if you really don't like something someone wrote, and you don't think it's something to make a public issue out of, whatever happened about addressing someone privately in PM about it... where they have an opportunity to actually respond to your complaint? That way, misunderstandings can be worked out.
    Definitely, I would prefer (and respect) someone that would approach me directly than an anonymous comment where I have no way of responding.

One of the most insulting things I ever received in my life was a little note someone left me on the piano that I found Sunday morning right before worship, telling me that the piano looked messy and I should really clean it up and honor God... and it was signed "anonymous."
    I was informed once that the association received an anonymous letter with a complaint about the mess inside my garage! I tend think such people have too much time on their hands.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    I was informed once that the association received an anonymous letter with a complaint about the mess inside my garage! I tend think such people have too much time on their hands.
    Aw gee!

My in-laws once got in trouble because their screen door was the wrong color. (Beige instead of white or something ridiculous like that.)

And their neighbor, AFTER he put in an in-ground swimming pool, was told that the deck was a foot too close to the road... and that he had to redo it. (Where were they while construction was happening? And it looked perfectly fine, if you just looked. Someone actually went over there covertly and measured it, apparently.)

Anyway, your situation takes the cake, though...!

Mmmmm.....cake.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Wow! I'm glad we don't belong to an association!

MBTI
    ISTP

That reminds me of a retirement place in Arizona that my uncle bought - one that limits the age to buy or live there. As you can imagine, that many old people with that much time on their hands tends to lead to a rather watchful society.

The garage door thing was interesting because you aren't allowed to leave your garage door open. Yup, formal complaint after having it up 15 minutes during move in.

I know that others also got dinged for not having enough trees, having the wrong kind of trees/shrubs, having too many trees, not having them in the right place, leaving their golf cart on their driveway (no cars used inside the "town").

The strange thing is that no one cared about all the fruit (lemons and what not) that collected on the ground. Strangely selective - but then, maybe if that was watched for, all the old folk would of struggled to clean it up, so no one complained. But! If your grass was too long (as measured by a ruler...), well, then all hell will break loose!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*goes up the microphone, holds hand aloft for silence*

Everyone. I have received my first negative feedback. It seems that I have been behaving offensively, read: whacking the arm of a ghoul in the Silly Therapy thread. I didn't realize that demi-violence against ghouls was forbidden. I have amended this diplomatic slip by destroying this man's reputation callously and calling him vicious names in private which I think he rather enjoyed.

Another relationship saved!

Thank you!

eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    That reminds me of a retirement place in Arizona that my uncle bought - one that limits the age to buy or live there. As you can imagine, that many old people with that much time on their hands tends to lead to a rather watchful society.

The garage door thing was interesting because you aren't allowed to leave your garage door open. Yup, formal complaint after having it up 15 minutes during move in.

I know that others also got dinged for not having enough trees, having the wrong kind of trees/shrubs, having too many trees, not having them in the right place, leaving their golf cart on their driveway (no cars used inside the "town").

The strange thing is that no one cared about all the fruit (lemons and what not) that collected on the ground. Strangely selective - but then, maybe if that was watched for, all the old folk would of struggled to clean it up, so no one complained. But! If your grass was too long (as measured by a ruler...), well, then all hell will break loose!

Once I visited my sister in Coral Gables, where there are rules about the colors you can paint your house and other restrictions. On Friday morning the garbage was collected from the front yards, where cardboard boxes, broken appliances and furniture had been simply thrown willy-nilly on top of the palm fronds and other yard debris in the middle of the front lawn. Couldn't figure out how this fit with the other rules of the community.

Jae Rae

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Once I visited my sister in Coral Gables, where there are rules about the colors you can paint your house and other restrictions. On Friday morning the garbage was collected from the front yards, where cardboard boxes, broken appliances and furniture had been simply thrown willy-nilly on top of the palm fronds and other yard debris in the middle of the front lawn. Couldn't figure out how this fit with the other rules of the community.

Jae Rae
    Hah hah... that's hillarious. I actually don't mind planned communities, but like strata's, I find the general view that some 80% of the people are unable to see contradictions in their beliefs true... Stuff like your story really confuses me.

(Actually, what really confuses me are the people who go "I want this done" and find out it'll cost them $/month, and say "Why do I have to pay for it?". I'm trying to figure out a good witty come back that will just end the conversation... cause it always turn into the strangest conversation around "well, we all pay money to keep things going" "yah, but why I do have to pay" "Cause you asked for it and we voted for it" "yah, but I didn't think i'd have to pay for it." "The cost was part of the vote" "I shouldn't have to pay". [/rant])