User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Peguy, when I lived in Wisconsin I was disappointed to see that perogies seem to be foreign to most and certainly were not purchaseable at regular grocery stores. Is that representative of most places in the US, or just that little corner of the country? Come to Saskatchewan and we'll cook you up a proper mess of that stuff. I just had some last night. Mmmmm!
    You can readily buy pierogies at most grocery stores here, although I would suggest shopping at an actual Polish store in order to get the best quality stuff.

What the hell do you mean this stuff looks gross? Pfft!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    What the hell do you mean this stuff looks gross? Pfft!

It just does! It looks....sausagey and dumplingish... (yeah I know, not real words). Gah, I don't know why it looks gross, it just does to me. I'm sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Not sour cream, Peguy. Cream, butter and dill poured all over everything as a kind of sauce. Or cream gravy like the Mennonites do it. Where I come from Steph, lots of people would have stuff like perogies and cabbage rolls and kolbasa (farmer sausage)because there are a lot of Ukranians out here. Sometimes they'd even serve that kind of thing at weddings, along with more usual things like roast beef.

It does look gross. Sauerkraut is not pretty. And butter makes things glisten in an unhealthy way.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Not sour cream, Peguy. Cream, butter and dill poured all over everything as a kind of sauce. Or cream gravy like the Mennonites do it. Where I come from Steph, lots of people would have stuff like perogies and cabbage rolls and kolbasa (farmer sausage)because there are a lot of Ukranians out here. Sometimes they'd even serve that kind of thing at weddings, along with more usual things like roast beef.

It does look gross. Sauerkraut is not pretty. And butter makes things glisten in an unhealthy way.
    See, I did not know that. How very interesting! Well, I'll definitely try it if I ever come up your way, just to say I did. If I like it, I'll eat my words.
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I mean, this may gross others out if they came across it, but it's delicious!
    This is a dish I learned how to make from one of the families I know from the Dominican Republic. It's called mofongo.

You can even smash it all together to form a mixture and eat it that way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

What's the stuff in the middle?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

If I'm not mistaken (because mofongo can be made with different toppings and all), that is chicken that has been sitting in maybe an orange rice, boiling, causing it to take that color. If not orange rice, than it's something else that it's been boiling in.

Probably chicken that's been boiling in a mixture of an orange rice, seasonings and something else. (I'm forgetting )

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    See, I did not know that. How very interesting! Well, I'll definitely try it if I ever come up your way, just to say I did. If I like it, I'll eat my words.
    It's quite delicious actually. In fact I'm tempted to just go out and get some later today!

I mean, this may gross others out if they came across it, but it's delicious!
    This is a dish I learned how to make from one of the families I know from the Dominican Republic. It's called mofongo.

You can even smash it all together to form a mixture and eat it that way.
    And to think you're throwing rocks at my people's food.

That looks alright actually, I'd probably eat it. I eat alot of Latina food.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    And to think you're throwing rocks at my people's food.

That looks alright actually, I'd probably eat it. I eat alot of Latina food.
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Sniffles

Oh I'm teasing you.