User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah kinkos or office whatever they're calling themselves now will do it
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Thank you all for your help! Now, do I need to have the banner made up on the computer for them to print off, or do they design it? (Pardon my ignorance!)

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

My best advice is to contact them and find out what they need to create the banner. I don't have any experience with print shops, so I'm not sure if it costs more for them to design the banner or if certain colors cost a certain amount or anything like that.

Timeless may have more advice on that.

Seriously, if it ends up being cheaper for you to already have a design ready, I'll design it for you for free. I'd just need to know the size they need the design to be, just so it's easier for them to transfer it onto the actual banner. But don't think you have to say yes so you don't hurt my feelings. I'm just offering if you need/like the help

edit: if you need any examples of my work just to be sure, I'm more than willing to give them to you
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Thank you all for your help! Now, do I need to have the banner made up on the computer for them to print off, or do they design it? (Pardon my ignorance!)
    You can do either actually.

If you're going to do it: better to do it at 300 dpi or something high. (Lower dpi means those pixel-boxes like Nintendo)

Obviously if you let them do it, it's more $$$.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

There's an open source program called Gimpshop. It has basically all the features of Photoshop that will satisfy the amateur user, excluding one: the inordinate expense...

GimpShop

You can create an image and make a size to your liking (in units of inches, pixels, etc.) to ensure that you have a high enough resolution for such a large print-out. Then you can add text, background stuff, etc. It works by adding layers (a layer for the b/g, layer for the text, layers for any other pics you want, etc.), and you can move the layers around however you wish. Then you can save it as a .tif or some other image file on a flash drive, bring it to a local print shop (Kinkos, perhaps?), and they should have the capacity to print it for you.

Good luck!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Wow! You people are too good! Thanks for sharing what you know.

Steph, I may just take you up on your offer as long as I am not imposing! Ben is 34 years old and this is the first big party (including b'day!) that has ever been held in his honour, so he is really excited. He and Haley have a little baby girl that is about a year and a half old. He is going to Afghanistan not only because he believes in what they are doing, but because he has a lot of student loan debt and he feels guilty for making it a shared debt load. If he goes for six months, they will be able to clear the debt away and have a fresh start. Haley's very concerned and would rather him not go, but has been in the reserves herself, so is probably more open than she would have been otherwise. She is like a younger sister to me and our family was her second family and where she stayed during most of her holidays growing up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    There's an open source program called Gimpshop. It has basically all the features of Photoshop that will satisfy the amateur user, excluding one: the inordinate expense...

GimpShop

You can create an image and make a size to your liking (in units of inches, pixels, etc.) to ensure that you have a high enough resolution for such a large print-out. Then you can add text, background stuff, etc. It works by adding layers (a layer for the b/g, layer for the text, layers for any other pics you want, etc.), and you can move the layers around however you wish. Then you can save it as a .tif or some other image file on a flash drive, bring it to a local print shop (Kinkos, perhaps?), and they should have the capacity to print it for you.

Good luck!
    Gimpshop? I'm looking forward to experimenting. How did you find out about it?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Nonsense, you're not imposing at all!
    Once you're able to get the size that the banner needs to be and any other information, I'll create it for you. As soon as that's done, you just let me know what it is you'd like on the banner and it's done.
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Oh yes, gimpshop is pretty good too, from what I've heard and seen others do with it. You should definitely experiment with it, just play around.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Excellent! I'll PM you!