Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I don't think I post about my greater abilities when it comes to this forum. Not often enough to be noticed anyway...
    Ooh, tell me what they are please, whats your field
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    PS. I usually was picked last in Dodgeball too.
    The consolation is at least the people picked last for dodgeball were normally hit first! Oh wait..

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Poor fidelia, her threads been taken over
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

.....woodworking- Hirsch
    Thanks! 20 years of furniture design and building. Also restoration of antique furniture as well as carving and lathe work. Extensive reference library on furniture, particularly American (the mid-atlantic region) and the Pennsylvania German culture.

Not that anyone will ever need any of that....
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's a reality of having any sort of list... so... sigh... i guess I just learned I needed to suck it up so we could have "something good" vs "nothing at all."

(Basically, we're all responsible for our responses -- it's not up to other people to always make every person feel totally affirmed. There's no way to get the world to work that way, it has to be a collective effort. And a choice to view an informative thread as a popularity thread is ...really an arbitrary choice.)

PS. I usually was picked last in Dodgeball too.

Oh, gosh, you're just so good at explaining. Thanks for taking the time.

But I'm still confused -- something good versus nothing at all is the choice? It's either a thread that lists people's names and some people's names are never listed, or nothing? or do I have that backwards.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

My intention in starting this thread was not
    1) A popularity contest
    2) An exhaustive list of who is the most expert expert in every possible area

In fact, having foreseen some possible problems, I even invited people to let me know what their areas of expertise were or volunteer them themselves. Obviously, there are going to be many people that no one knows much about. There are also people who I might interact with, but don't know about all of their interests.

I certainly don't expect anyone to agree with my choices. The fact that some people like a subject doesn't always make them an expert, as many people have pointed out to me already both here and via PM. This is not a contest. There are not a limited amount of spots. I am asking people whom they would go to if they needed more info on something. And if you feel that you've been left out, it's possible that either I was leaving room for others to add or else that this is a great opportunity for you to tell us more.

The purpose in doing this is much like the Trivia thread. I want to facilitate ways for new people and older members to get to know each other, as well as learn more myself about the people I interact with here. I often end up discovering something to appreciate that I hadn't been aware of before. In the course of people responding (even via VM), I talk to peope that I never really interacted with too. People appreciate being recognized for what matters to them. If I don't know what matters to you, it doesn't mean you don't have anything good going. It means I don't know you well enough yet WHICH IS THE PURPOSE OF DOING THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!

Oh! And if you find that you are always left off these lists and ostensibly don't want others to feel the same way, start naming some names of people who know about stuff. If it's you, it could be that you aren't a great advertiser. I certainly have realized that I am not. While I don't like to feel boastful or pushy, maybe I need to make more effort to share enough of myself that people know what I've got to offer. I've certainly done more of that here than I ever did before. Even so, all most of you know about me is 1) I'm a fiddler from my avatar 2) I'm Canadian from my information here 3) I'm a teacher because I talk about it in a lot of my posts. You don't even know whether I'm good at any of those. So, while I could feel bad that I'm left off these lists too, I figured I'd try and be proactive instead.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

to hirsch- I was thinking through definitive skills of characters and that one was glaringly obvious!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I don't think I post about my greater abilities when it comes to this forum. Not often enough to be noticed anyway...
    making chain mail?

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Yeah, maybe a "what are you good at?" thread would have been more what I would have said.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I was discussing this thread with someone and thought the "sex" choices were interesting. I don't think that someone who talks about sex is always an expert on sex or the other way around. Who is the person who said they actually work in this field, Sky is BLUE?
    Say whaaaat?!?!? Am I the resident sexpert here without even knowing? *checks credentials* Nope, it's not listed in there. Sorry, please don't turn to me for sexpert advice, you might end up with something fallen off.