First 3456715 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

True to runv. I just like ISSUES threads, not popularity contest threads. I think we know who resonates with us. Making a list thread just frustrates me more than anything.

This is a good issue though, talking about list threads.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Really...?

You seem to have a strong grasp of Judeo-Christian monotheism. Haven't noticed much else.
    I don't really notice much else discussed here outside the Judeo-Christian context. I refuse to engage in the Islamic debates because they're not very interesting, since they often just revolve around burqas and suicide bombers or Victor. Me and Amargith have discussed mythology and folklore, as well as compare and contrasting paganism and Christianity.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I don't doubt Fidelia's good intention for a second. It's just whenever you start listing names, there are people bound to feel left out.
    That's a reality of having any sort of list... so... sigh... i guess I just learned I needed to suck it up so we could have "something good" vs "nothing at all."

(Basically, we're all responsible for our responses -- it's not up to other people to always make every person feel totally affirmed. There's no way to get the world to work that way, it has to be a collective effort. And a choice to view an informative thread as a popularity thread is ...really an arbitrary choice.)

PS. I usually was picked last in Dodgeball too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    some of us HAVE taken classes on the topic and have worked in the field...
    Whatever has worked the field!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    True to runv. I just like ISSUES threads, not popularity contest threads. I think we know who resonates with us. Making a list thread just frustrates me more than anything.

This is a good issue though, talking about list threads.
    Isn't your favorite thread the TypeC Superlatives thread, which is essentially a list thread?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Whatever has worked the field!
    lol... not sex, just.... allied trades!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's a reality of having any sort of list... so... sigh... i guess I just learned I needed to suck it up so we could have "something good" vs "nothing at all."

(Basically, we're all responsible for our responses -- it's not up to other people to always make every person feel totally affirmed. There's no way to get the world to work that way, it has to be a collective effort.)

PS. I usually was picked last in Dodgeball too.

Forum culture is very interesting. It's huge yet it's not. It's anonymous, yet I feel like you guys know me better than my friends. It's cyberworld, yet it feels more real than my real life at times.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    That's because your name always comes up in this type of thread.
    I have yet to see my name come up in the sexiest or most attractive threads. I'm so ugly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I don't really notice much else discussed here outside the Judeo-Christian context. I refuse to engage in the Islamic debates because they're not very interesting, since they often just revolve around burqas and suicide bombers.
    Well, I don't know if that's entirely the case regarding Islamic debates, although I grant you that an unfortunate propensity is often paid towards stereotypical elements of that particular faith. But, this is a typology message board, so it's difficult to decide if the error is one of contribution or personal expectation.

As it applies to religion, I think it is also reasonable to include aspects of a/anti-theism as relevant dialogue points. I don't see that you contribute very often to these particular debates.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Isn't your favorite thread the TypeC Superlatives thread, which is essentially a list thread?
    Very good. Yes, but it's poking fun which I guess is different to me for some reason. If you're left out of that, it's probably a good thing.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com