User Tag List

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's the expert?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Oh c'mon Curzon: You have tiger and shark pictures all over the place. (And you looked like you were on pretty good terms with that old tiger too).
    Posting the correct picture at the correct time is attention whoring. Doing things with a bang!!

1w2 so/sx

Thanks Toonia! I think Q is the queen of keeping track of everyone. She's like an external harddrive of useful data! Whatever's pretty good at that too. Must be an EXXP thing.

I've never noticed those little fencing emoticons before. I like the surprised look they have as they jump to evade their opponents.

Ghost Monkey Soul Array Vizconde's Avatar

Sex - aphrodite-gone-awry and SS
    Masters of the Absurd – avolkiteshvara, Halla, Edgar, Mystic Tator Curzon and Luminosity
    Empathetic - Biaxident and Elaur
    Logic – bananatrombones
    Typology – Black cat and Simulated Word and VagrantFarce
    Martial Arts – Disco Biscuit and Ji
    Music – Fidelia, visaisahero and The Outsider
    Simpatico – Jenifer and EnFpFer
    Feisty – Jenocide, JustHer, Morgan ThatGirl , timeless and Qre:us
    Sisterly - marmalade.sunrise
    Balance – Night and Ivy
    Poetic: Victor
    Endearing – ayoitsStepho, sky is blue and shortnsweet
    One Liners – Jag, entrope, bananatrombones, Edgar and Alwar
    Politics – Risen, ergophobe, aj, fecal mc, and puremercury.
    Key INTP Perspective – Shimmy, Blank, Wildcat, Fluffywolf, Magic P and Sarcastus
    Catholicism – Peguy (Edit Sorry about typo in the name spelling now fixed)
    Exotic: whatever
    Still haven’t figured out: Katsumi , Tinkerbell and everybody else
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

3w2 so

tuff tuff tuff wir fahren in den puff
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

It's spelled Peguy

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    tuff tuff tuff wir fahren in den puff
    roar, roar, roar - we're looking for a whore.:workout:

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    7W6 sp/sx

It's interesting that no-one even knows (or possibly cares) what i do
    So i'll just leave you guessing (Because i know that everyone is desperate to know)
    Or i'll leave it up to Berbs to tell what i'm an expert in....
    oohh the suspense, it's killing you (all)
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I'm looking at it from the same perspective as three people meeting up in real life. Two don't know each other. The third gives both parties a slight bit of information to facilitate conversation.
    That would be a private conversation, not a public advertisement.
    Man, I just don't see how something as mundane as this can be seen as a popularity contest, or as an unnecessary intrusion on people's privacy. However, I am interested in how and why others do view it that way.
    Really? Then you don't understand people very well.
    I agree that it is mundane. Banal, even.
    But the fact is that every other thread on here is a popularity contest. Who is the best this, who is the worst that, top 5 whatever, which type sucks at X which type would you like to blah blah blah. Subverting the goals of MBTI which are about moving away from a preoccupation with judgments of better and worse. It is about valuing diversity. Goals which presumably attracted many people to the system in the first place. I find this odd. It seems the relentless drive to establish status and draw up hierarchies cannot be escaped - even where it has no relevance whatsoever.

I fail to see what possible value this thread has outside of this tradition. For one thing, many of the so-called experts are nothing of the sort, although this is really too trivial to debate. Second, if you need information on a specific topic you can just start a personal thread to solicit opinion from as wide an audience as possible - not even real experts have a monopoly on good advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    top 5 whatever
    I don't know, but I'd better be the ONLY whatever! :horor:

as for the rest of the post, if threads of this sort bother you so much, block them

as for me, I've learned quite a bit about the interests of other members of the forum in this thread- things that are rather fascinating but I hadn't known before!

and as far as experts on wine go on this site, I think I DO qualify- it was my job for a few years and I have an education in it
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Expert on popularity contests: Morgan Le Fay.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.